Owen Wilson

Default shower mystery: suddenly cold water

During daylight savings time I have no shortage of hot water to my back
shower. Once daylight savings time ends (and the weather gets colder),
there is a sudden shortage of hot water and I must cut my showers short or
freeze.

I have a single knob to vary how much hot water/cold water I get, and I have
noticed once there is no more hot water, I can 'overtwist' the knob slightly
and there seems to be more available hot water for a short time.

My hot water heater is insulated, as are all pipes leaving the ho****er
heater so heat losses I am not considering. Is is possible at the end of
daylight savings time the local water company uses a different water source
which is much colder (~10F) than the original source during the other parts
of the year? Is there some component which is possibly faulty? Is it
possible a timer exists within my system of which I am not aware which could
be affected by the time change?

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Joseph Meehan

Owen Wilson wrote:
[...]

Do you have a energy saving time of day control for that water heater?

--
Joseph Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

xrongor

"Joseph Meehan" wrote in message
Owen Wilson wrote:
[...]

thats my guess.. i bet if you waited an hour you would have plenty of hot
water. having a colder source would make no difference otherwise. it would
simply be heated 10 more degrees.

randy

Why is this a bad idea? Mike Hibbert UK diy 18 August 28th 03 11:59 PM
electric shower doesn't run cold - - advice please! Andrea UK diy 4 July 12th 03 07:59 AM
Leaky AquaLisa shower AlexL UK diy 3 July 9th 03 09:27 AM
how do I ensure there is a cold water path to the boilers return BigWallop UK diy 0 July 3rd 03 01:59 PM