peter

Default is it common practice for builders to not seal grout?

I noticed in two different high end condos that the grout in shower stalls
are not sealed by the builder. Is this a common practice or just isolated
occurrence?

Dennis Turner

peter wrote:
I noticed in two different high end condos that the grout in shower stalls
are not sealed by the builder. Is this a common practice or just isolated
occurrence?

Common practice in my area . . . but they usually suggest that the
homeowner do so.
Greg G

On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 18:39:21 GMT, "peter" wrote:

I noticed in two different high end condos that the grout in shower stalls
are not sealed by the builder. Is this a common practice or just isolated
occurrence?

I had kitchen tile installed today, as it happens. They're coming to
do the grout tomorrow. They told us that we are to apply the sealer
ourselves after the grout has had a few days to cure. They are
providing it. It's apparently a spray.

Greg Guarino

OT Guns more Guns Cliff Metalworking 519 December 12th 04 05:52 AM
Are PC surge protectors needed in the UK? greywolf42 Electronics Repair 82 July 13th 04 11:37 AM
Lithofin Stainstop - Seal the Grout? TheScullster UK diy 7 May 4th 04 03:57 PM