Adam

Default Furnace help!!!!

My furnace which is a ComfortMaker RPJ II is not working. The dummy
light is a continuous flash which states that the "flame is sensed but
there is no call for heat". Anyone have any suggestions? What is weird
is that when i shut of the breaker for the furnace and turn it back on
the furnace sounds like it wants to start and then it goes off after a
few seconds.....Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks
Steve@carolinabreezehvac

"Adam" wrote in message
om...
My furnace which is a ComfortMaker RPJ II is not working. The dummy
light is a continuous flash which states that the "flame is sensed but
there is no call for heat". Anyone have any suggestions?

CAll a licenced company with insurance to come repair it.

What is weird
is that when i shut of the breaker for the furnace and turn it back on
the furnace sounds like it wants to start and then it goes off after a
few seconds.....Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Thats not weird, thats to keep you from mucking up..its called a hard
lockout, and if you will simply allow it to stay off, get a tech out, he can
actually tell what is happening. When they hard lock, they hard lock for a
reason...and its NOT to keep trying to get it to fire.

Altho, with those old Carrier boards, we already know.

PaPaPeng

On Wed, 24 Nov 2004 08:27:45 -0500, "Steve@carolinabreezehvac"
wrote:

Except that furnace has no thermocouple, nor standing pilot...
Now what do you do? LOL

Ok I missed that. I have experience only with my gas furnace and its
a very simple installation to troubleshoot and fix short of having to
replace the whole unit.
Steve@carolinabreezehvac

wrote:

Except that furnace has no thermocouple, nor standing pilot...
Now what do you do? LOL

Ok I missed that. I have experience only with my gas furnace and its
a very simple installation to troubleshoot and fix short of having to
replace the whole unit.

Think so huh? Ok...whatever. I guess you invested in the proper tools that
cost over $9000 to have handy when something fails....

BTW...no one said to replace the furnace....but you read what you wanna
read.