barry martin

Default Carpet measurements

Claudia:

C I am getting conflicting info. Need to recarpet the clubhouse - 15 x 15 ft
C room. one estimate is 220 sq YDS and the other is 60 sq YDS. what am I
C missing here - other than the ability to figure out how many sq. yds. +
C excess for a 225 sq ft. room.

Another part of the equation is the 'repeat' in the carpet. If the
carpet has a pattern it is necessary to line up the pattern at the
seam. (IIRC carpet rolls usually come in 12' or 15' widths.)

-
¯ barry.martinþATþthesafebbs.zeppole.com ®

* 1970's--Passing the driving test
2000's--Passing the vision test
---
þ RoseReader 2.52á P003186
þ The Safe BBS þ Bettendorf, IA 563-359-1971
---
þ RIMEGate(tm)/RGXMod V1.13 at BBSWORLD *
Wayne

you may want to look at commercial carpet squares they come in 12, 24, and
36" sizes once they are down and have some traffic you cannot see the seams.
advantage is that if you have a traffic pattern you can just replace those
squares an easy to do DIY job. the building I work in is 1,000,000 sq feet
of space and they use the squares everywhere due to different ages some have
the small squares some the large. no padding underneath no tack strips
etc..

found this place here but everyone carries them best art is spare tiles
store in a box so they are easy to keep around

http://www.carpetbargains.com/carpettile.htm

Wayne

news:1920030873.0738.83.5360269.1588147150.RIMEGat ...

+
C excess for a 225 sq ft. room.

Another part of the equation is the 'repeat' in the carpet. If the
carpet has a pattern it is necessary to line up the pattern at the
seam. (IIRC carpet rolls usually come in 12' or 15' widths.)

-
¯ barry.martinþATþthesafebbs.zeppole.com ®

* 1970's--Passing the driving test
2000's--Passing the vision test
---
þ RoseReader 2.52á P003186
þ The Safe BBS þ Bettendorf, IA 563-359-1971
---
þ RIMEGate(tm)/RGXMod V1.13 at BBSWORLD *

ChairMan

In news:1920030873.0738.83.5360269.1588147150.RIMEGat ,
barry martin spewed forth and said:
Claudia:

C I am getting conflicting info. Need to recarpet the clubhouse -
15 x 15 ft C room. one estimate is 220 sq YDS and the other is 60
sq YDS. what am I C missing here - other than the ability to
figure out how many sq. yds. + C excess for a 225 sq ft. room.

Another part of the equation is the 'repeat' in the carpet. If the
carpet has a pattern it is necessary to line up the pattern at the
seam. (IIRC carpet rolls usually come in 12' or 15' widths.)

Actually, the answer to his question is that the room is 225 sq ft or 25 sq
yards.
Sounds like to me that one figured sq footage and missed it by 5 and the
other is charging him for 2 full cuts plus an allowance of 10 yards . I'd
make sure I get the 8x16 remnant, though.