Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
JOHN D

Default Should I fix my air compressor?

My Sears Craftsman compressor is 30 years old and the tank has some pinholes
and is no longer safe.
It has a real 220 volt honest 2HP motor with a belt driven 2 cylinder cast
iron pump and a 20 gal tank. It's rated 8.3 cfm@ 40 psi and 7 cfm @ 90 psi.
I can get a new tank for about $140. Should I fix it or buy one of those new
peak HP rated, aluminum, oilless compressors they sell now?
I suspect that my old one, with a new tank, will still outlast the new ones.
John