Trent©

Default Skil 18v. 7 1/4" circular saw

Anybody used this saw yet?

I'm interested in the battery life. Literature says 200 2x4 cuts.

Have a nice one...

Trent

bill a

I think the literature is way optimistic.
25% of that (and no southern pine, etc) would
be more realistic.

Bill

"Trent©" wrote in message
Anybody used this saw yet?

I'm interested in the battery life. Literature says 200 2x4 cuts.

Have a nice one...

Trent

SQLit

"Trent©" wrote in message
Anybody used this saw yet?

I'm interested in the battery life. Literature says 200 2x4 cuts.

Have a nice one...

Trent

I have the dewalt 18 volt. Works well for what I use it for. After a year
the batteries start loosing their life and in 2 years I need new ones at
~$50 a piece. I have even used a diamond blade in mine to score concrete.
Went about 10 feet per battery 1/4 deep.
I was ok with it as my powered tools were to big to get into the area.
I would not try to do a big project with one.

---

Trent©

On Tue, 12 Oct 2004 09:09:05 -0700, "SQLit"
wrote:

I have the dewalt 18 volt. Works well for what I use it for.

I've only seen one saw so far (the Skil) with a 7 1/4" blade. I'm
guessing that the Dewalt is a 6 blade.

The Skil comes with 2 batteries...1 hour charge. I don't plan on
using it on any big projects, but I don't think I could outcut the
re-charging capability...especially at the speed that I usually work!

Thanks for the info.

Have a nice one...

Trent

skil router Ah10201 Woodworking 4 February 29th 04 05:39 PM
circular saw into table saw? WhiteMoth Woodworking 12 August 14th 03 12:07 AM