mike korenchuk

Default casing clamp as seen in Fine Homebuilding

Anyone know the name of the miter clamp shown in fine homebuilding
about a year ago? It is used for holding door and window casings
together at the miter while you nail them. Gives you tight miters.
willshak

mike korenchuk wrote:

Anyone know the name of the miter clamp shown in fine homebuilding
about a year ago? It is used for holding door and window casings
together at the miter while you nail them. Gives you tight miters.
=20

I have a set of corner clamps that square and clamp corner pieces. I=20
don't know if they are the same as you saw in the magazine, but they are =

green cast metal with a screw gripper on each side to hold the pieces,=20
and brads or nails can be driven into the wood corner. Came in a set of=20
four and one has a slot for sawing a 45=BA. They are Sears Craftsman # 9 =

6666. I checked on the Sears site and they don't seem to have the exact=20
clamps I have. Mine are about 20 years old. Here is a pic of two of=20
them. One has the 45=BA sawing slot and the other is like the two others =

not pictured. You can judge the size of them by the 8.5 x 11 sheets of=20
paper that they are laying on.
My clamps - http://www.willshak.com/temp/
Sears page - http://tinyurl.com/52cql
mike korenchuk

You're probably thinking about the Chestnut Tool Company's clam-clamps
- a nifty invention indeed. See them at http://miterclamp.com/ or
call 1-800-966-4837

They work a lot better than anything else.

That's the one and I'm ordering it tonite. thanks!