J.L

Default Cost of New Buderus System (oil) in Boston???

Hello,

I am in the process of replacing the original oil boiler in a 52 years old
house in Mass and was wondering if any experts here can tell me whether the
bids I received are reasonable. After doing some homework I decided to go
with Buderus, although Burnham tankless seems to be $1000 less. I'd also
appreciate if someone can tell me if I need a 120,000BTU unit for a 1600
square feet ranch style house with baseboard heat. Thanks in advance.

Quote #1:

Buderus G115-28, 98,000 BTU,
Riello F3 Oil Burner, &
S120 32 Gallons Indirect Water Heater

Price: $5840

Quote #2:

Buderus G115-34, 120,000 BTU,
Riello F5 Oil Burner, &
tfi-everhot (Therma-Flow) 40-Gallon Indirect Water Heater

Price: $6184 (String: I have to sign up for automatic oil delivery)

Quote #3-4:

Burnham V84 tankless, $4280 to $4400, and about $850 for a tank.

Clark Griswold

"J.L" wrote in message
[...]

Slantfin has a nifty little app that will give you a ballpark figure for
boiler size. 120000 btu sounds excessive, but only a competent pro can tell
for sure.

Edwin Pawlowski

"J.L" wrote in message
can tell me if I need a 120,000BTU unit for a 1600 square feet ranch
style house with baseboard heat. Thanks in advance.

Sure, but they need more information. Type of construction? Insulation in
wall? Insulation in ceiling? Window size, type, exposure?

Tekkie

J.L posted for all of us....

[...]

Did anyone do the calcs? #2 sounds big to me but then I can only compare it
to my similar house in PA which doesn't get as cold as you. Again this is a
WAG so get the calcs.
--
Tekkie

Ohmwork [email protected] Home Repair 36 July 24th 04 12:22 AM
Water system problem BigWallop UK diy 2 August 8th 03 11:12 AM
mains Hot water, and do I convert open heating to a closed heating system Ian Tracey UK diy 5 July 18th 03 09:55 AM
Central A/C cooling fine but humidity seems high D- Home Repair 6 July 3rd 03 08:40 PM