J.L

Default Cost of New Buderus System (oil) in Boston???

Hello,

I am in the process of replacing the original oil boiler in a 52 years old
house in Mass and was wondering if any experts here can tell me whether the
bids I received are reasonable. After doing some homework I decided to go
with Buderus, although Burnham tankless seems to be $1000 less. I'd also
appreciate if someone can tell me if I need a 120,000BTU unit for a 1600
square feet ranch style house with baseboard heat. Thanks in advance.

Quote #1:

Buderus G115-28, 98,000 BTU,
Riello F3 Oil Burner, &
S120 32 Gallons Indirect Water Heater

Price: $5840

Quote #2:

Buderus G115-34, 120,000 BTU,
Riello F5 Oil Burner, &
tfi-everhot (Therma-Flow) 40-Gallon Indirect Water Heater

Price: $6184 (String: I have to sign up for automatic oil delivery)

Quote #3-4:

Burnham V84 tankless, $4280 to $4400, and about $850 for a tank.