effi

Default adding water heater in line with existing service

can a water heater be hooked up in line with an existing residential system?

any tips?

wayne

my girlfriend had 2 they were in series

Wayne
"effi" wrote in message
can a water heater be hooked up in line with an existing residential
system?

any tips?

TURTLE

"effi" wrote in message
can a water heater be hooked up in line with an existing residential system?

any tips?

This is Turtle.

I don't quite get what your saying hewre but if your talking about have a 50
gal. water piped to the bath rooms and kitchen and then want a 20 or 30 gal. put
at the bath room say under the sink to have 30 gal. right there and then have
the 50 gal. to pick up where the 30 leaves off. Yes, I have seen this on a few
jobs and it works pretty well. I see this on jobs where they have large tubes or
those spa type tubes and need large amounts of hot water to fill them. 80 Gal.
of hot water will fill a good size spa or tub then figure in about 30 more gal.
of cold water make about 110 gal. to fill the tub's and spa's. .

TURTLE

Stormin Mormon

Yes, I've seen two water heaters in series before. It is very possible.
Works nicely.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"effi" wrote in message
can a water heater be hooked up in line with an existing residential system?

any tips?

m Ransley

Not sure what you want but look into Bosch tankless. Tankless are apx
25% cheaper than any gas tank to operate.

PrecisionMachinisT

"m Ransley" wrote in message
Not sure what you want but look into Bosch tankless. Tankless are apx
25% cheaper than any gas tank to operate.

Its a tankless job, but someones gotta do it.

--

SVL

TURTLE

"PrecisionMachinisT" wrote in message

"m Ransley" wrote in message
Not sure what you want but look into Bosch tankless. Tankless are apx
25% cheaper than any gas tank to operate.

Its a tankless job, but someones gotta do it.

--

SVL

This is Turtle.

The term in this part of the country when the plumber hear tankless. It means
they don't want hot water in the house. Don't laugh, i know one plumber here
that told me this.

TURTLE

m Ransley

That plumber must be Daves the hack boy heating Co, brother, because
Tankless by Bosch or Takagi are not the crap of old, or the cheap
junk that can be purchased. Bosch Aquastar is 117000 Btu, the Bosch
made by Takagi is 188000 Btu enough for 2 full flow showers=A0 at once.
To say it means no hot water is a statement of ignorance of the
products on the market. My 117000 Btu Bosch Aquastar has never been set
to high even with 33f incoming water at -20 outside. It will give all
you want and more for 2 uses at once. And my gas bills are down for
water heating 50%, based on summer non furnace operation. Saying it
means you dont want hot water says to me a hack instal not sizing the
gas line or a cheap low Btu model. Now Electric is a waist of money
as electricity is double for most and you need a 120a unit for a single
use system. Tankless gas, the way of the future. You need a smarter
plumber Turtle.

TURTLE

"m Ransley" wrote in message
That plumber must be Daves the hack boy heating Co, brother, because
Tankless by Bosch or Takagi are not the crap of old, or the cheap
junk that can be purchased. Bosch Aquastar is 117000 Btu, the Bosch
made by Takagi is 188000 Btu enough for 2 full flow showers at once.
To say it means no hot water is a statement of ignorance of the
products on the market. My 117000 Btu Bosch Aquastar has never been set
to high even with 33f incoming water at -20 outside. It will give all
you want and more for 2 uses at once. And my gas bills are down for
water heating 50%, based on summer non furnace operation. Saying it
means you dont want hot water says to me a hack instal not sizing the
gas line or a cheap low Btu model. Now Electric is a waist of money
as electricity is double for most and you need a 120a unit for a single
use system. Tankless gas, the way of the future. You need a smarter
plumber Turtle.

This is Turtle.

Ransley , I don't live in a highly educated population area. I live in a area
where 1/2 the homes don't have city water, no natural gas service, and have hell
getting the electric service run to a new home. You have to buy the electric
poles and wire if you want Lesstricity to your home from the main line on the
highway. My sister in law & Brother in law had a home built and had to pay
$600.00+ to get electicty run to their home. The $600.00 was for 2 poles and
wire to run and Electric company run it for nothing. I don't live in Smartville,
U.S.A. . I think Jeff Foxworthy gets his material from here about What a Red
Neck thinks. The Words '''' In Door Plumbing '''' is still use pretty regularly
here. About 10 years ago. they had a program about fixing up home by the H.U.D.
and the H.U.D. had to spec. out that they must have in door plumbing for them to
get the grants. The Bathroom had to be accessiable from inside the home and the
hot water tank could not be just installed out in the yard. Yes i said the hot
water tank just installed out in the back yard . they had gas and electric like
this. They would just put a piece of plywood over the top to keep the rain from
putting the pilot out or water from getting in the Lesstricty wires where the
enter the thermostat. I live in the area where David Duke come from and his
thought pattern of thinking. I have learned to enjoy Jeff Foxworthy's views of
what a Red Neck thinks.

TURTLE

m Ransley

I watched Foxworthly last night , funny guy, but his thoughts apply up
here as well, actualy they apply everywhere. Im a redneck I drive my
Harley into the Dining Room, its safer there and looks better with my
new red the generator in the corner. People are poor here to, people
fish on the lake at -20f with a 30 mph wind for food not fun.
Unfortunatly the the good tankless units are to expensive for most.

Water heater leak? Jim Z Home Repair 1 July 18th 04 01:57 PM
Power cost of idle electric water heater Phil Sherrod Home Repair 57 April 2nd 04 10:51 PM
need hot water FAST PV Home Repair 38 January 30th 04 01:15 AM
I need a little advice on running waterlines in an uninsulated crawlspace ozark Home Repair 12 January 29th 04 05:23 AM