Daniel Prince

Default Best glazing compound?

What is the best glazing compound for wood windows in Southern
California? What is the best way to remove the old dried compound?
What is the best way to install the new compound?

I think I have read or seen on TV that it is best to prime the wood
before installing the new compound. Is this true? Is it true with all
compounds? Thank you in advance for all replies.
--
I wonder who is sillier, my cat who takes laundry basket rides
around the house or me who trained him to take laundry basket
Bob

"Daniel Prince" wrote in message
What is the best way to remove the old dried compound?

Use a heat gun to soften it and it comes out easily. Use a shield
of some kind to keep from heating the glass too much, or it might
crack.

Bob

Roger

What is the best glazing compound for wood windows in Southern
California?

Google (groups) is your friend. Use it!
Found this under "best glazing" search:

Remove the glass, clean out the mullions, and reset the glass in a bed of
silicone. Use just enough silicone to ensure the glass is sealed, but no
more, as you'll have excess all over when you press the glass in. Let dry
overnight, and glaze with Dap's 1012 glazing. It's made for this purpose.