Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Troubles with Big Iron Drilling and Springtime water distiller

SpringTime Distiller from Big Iron Drilling, I do not understand how your unit failed except if you are using it in a very heavy calcium deposit area, in which case it may require cleaning (CLR) every month Prior to installing our water softener the maximum I could obtain was between 3 weeks to a month before any distiller we have ever owned, I have used every water distiller available in the Edmonton, Alberta area, Most are the air cooled version which I found to be very inefficient and noisy. I found a SpringTime Distiller used on eBay with missing parts for $25.00 and bought it. took it to Big Iron Drilling and they repaired it for a nominal $100.00 it has been working for about 40 years now. It is time to replace the Water inlet valve. the inlet carbon filter to remove the chlorine from the water prior to entering the Distiller aids in reducing the erosion of the rubber fitting on the system. Otherwise a regular cleaning with CLR and yearly replace met of the rubber gaskets is all that we have ever found to be replaced in it use. I replace two water inlet valves in the 40 years.
SO I am very pleased with the SpringTime Water Distiller.
I would like to find a generic inlet water valve so if there is ever a supply issue I have a back up source.

--
For full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...ll-208283-.htm