Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT used pickup trucks

On Tue, 18 May 2021 15:36:55 -0400, Tekkie©
wrote:

On Mon, 17 May 2021 17:07:02 -0400, posted for all of us to
digest...

On Mon, 17 May 2021 16:24:42 -0400, Tekkie©
wrote:

On Sat, 15 May 2021 17:28:07 -0600, rbowman posted for all of us to digest...

On 05/15/2021 03:11 PM, Tekkie? wrote:

On Fri, 14 May 2021 22:28:29 -0400, Clare Snyder posted for all of us to
digest...

On Fri, 14 May 2021 15:31:34 -0400,
wrote:

On Fri, 14 May 2021 15:07:54 -0400, Tekkie©
wrote:

On Thu, 13 May 2021 21:31:06 -0400,
posted for all of us
to digest...

Hopefully Ford has learned a lesson from those terrible days ?

No they havent. They currently have much worse engine
problems, dead engines that they are in denial about.

Post some links ..
John T.

Go to:
www.NHTSA.gov for recalls and stuff. I don't have the knowledge of the
industry any more that Clare does. His ear is still on the ground about autos.

Remember that not all auto problems are Safety issues . ..
John T.
Also remember the most often reported "part failure" of today's
automobile is the nut holding the steering wheel!!!

I got 2 nuts on mine but it still hasn't helped...

Two more than you need. I was at the dog track in Daytona and the
Florida Man in the row in front of me was bitching to his buddy. He'd
been working on his car and had the steering wheel off when he had to go
someplace. He clamped his trusty Vise-Grips on the stub and headed down
the road. The cop who stopped him was not amused.

I understand that's all over now and all the greyhounds are happily
snoozing under the palm trees rather than chasing a mechanical rabbit.
In reality the dogs are probably snoozing under 3 feet of dirt.

IDK how many greyhound rescues there are.

Not near as many rescues as there were greyhounds and they don't tend
to make very good pets but they will thin out the cat population
pretty fast along with anything else that runs from them.
They are not that easy to housebreak and they might be tough on small
children.
Some people love them and have the patience to train them but there
are always a few surrenders at the pound when have been there.

Hmm, that does not coincide with what the greyhound people have told me, but,
of course, they are biased.

There are people who love greyhounds but people love pit bulls too.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 05/18/2021 01:54 PM, Tekkie� wrote:
I refer to them as Moneyrola. The emergency services feel their bite every time
they hit the mic button to transmit. They lock one into their system and you
pay. When they need a cash infusion they change system protocols or don't make
parts anymore.

I developed an interface to a Motorola Centracom Gold system close to 20
years ago. It was challenging to say the least.

https://used-radios.com/motorola-cen...em-6-position/

When Schuylkill said they were going to use a Centracom system I asked
if they were planning to buy it on eBay because Motorola had moved on to
the shiny new Project 25 stuff.

I imagine there are some agencies that really are scouring eBay to keep
their gear running.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default lowbrowwoman, the Endlessly Driveling Senile Gossip

On Tue, 18 May 2021 19:59:14 -0600, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

I developed an interface to a Motorola Centracom Gold system close to 20
years ago.

Wanna bet you were an endlessly blabbering blabbermouth already back then,
senile developer? G
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, May 18, 2021 at 9:59:21 PM UTC-4, rbowman wrote:
On 05/18/2021 01:54 PM, Tekkie� wrote:
I refer to them as Moneyrola. The emergency services feel their bite every time
they hit the mic button to transmit. They lock one into their system and you
pay. When they need a cash infusion they change system protocols or don't make
parts anymore.

I developed an interface to a Motorola Centracom Gold system close to 20
years ago. It was challenging to say the least.

https://used-radios.com/motorola-cen...em-6-position/

When Schuylkill said they were going to use a Centracom system I asked
if they were planning to buy it on eBay because Motorola had moved on to
the shiny new Project 25 stuff.

I imagine there are some agencies that really are scouring eBay to keep
their gear running.

Heh. For some of our customers who cannot upgrade to newer stuff,
we occasionally buy replacements on Ebay. PowerPC processors,
some I/O boards, hard drives...

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/18/21 9:49 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 5/18/2021 8:59 PM, wrote:

I understand that's all over now and all the greyhounds are happily
snoozing under the palm trees rather than chasing a mechanical rabbit.
In reality the dogs are probably snoozing under 3 feet of dirt.

IDK how many greyhound rescues there are.

Not near as many rescues as there were greyhounds and they don't tend
to make very good pets but they will thin out the cat population
pretty fast along with anything else that runs from them.
They are not that easy to housebreak and they might be tough on small
children.
Some people love them and have the patience to train them but there
are always a few surrenders at the pound when have been there.

Hmm, that does not coincide with what the greyhound people have told me, but,
of course, they are biased.

There are people who love greyhounds but people love pit bulls too.

The problem with pit bulls is the owners.Â* Many owners intentionally bred them to be aggressive.Â* They used to be a good family dog.Â* My grandson has one, not pure bred, that is just a lovely
dog.

There are others that I'd not be withing 100 yards of them.

Yah, some worthless white-trash democrats had a pitbull tied up in their back yard on a small chain.
The pitbull snapped the chain and attacked a 5 year-old girl walking down the street. The girls face and neck were mauled up pretty bad. She barely survived.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 05/19/2021 04:03 AM, wrote:
Heh. For some of our customers who cannot upgrade to newer stuff,
we occasionally buy replacements on Ebay. PowerPC processors,
some I/O boards, hard drives...

I think we still have some dusty old RS/6000 boxes hiding in the corner
unless the new IT guy got rid of them. Those old SCSI drives weren't
cheap in their day and a working one might finance a programming cookout.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 19 May 2021 07:48:40 -0600, rbowman
wrote:

On 05/19/2021 04:03 AM, wrote:
Heh. For some of our customers who cannot upgrade to newer stuff,
we occasionally buy replacements on Ebay. PowerPC processors,
some I/O boards, hard drives...

I think we still have some dusty old RS/6000 boxes hiding in the corner
unless the new IT guy got rid of them. Those old SCSI drives weren't
cheap in their day and a working one might finance a programming cookout.

I guess that was why the ones I came up with were such hot trade
items. I got a mod 57 for a couple of lightning drives. I was always
holding a bunch of SCSI drives but I got rid of the 320/400m 3.5"
"lightning" drives and the 2g "starfires" as fast as I could while
they were still working. The absolute best was the 310m from a small
white box AS/400. I never saw a bad one but all of those full size
5.25 drives were pretty tough. I used the 900m "elite" drives in a
9404 "shoebox" like diskettes. As long as you had one in the system
when you booted, you could hot swap them. (on a PS/2).

Usually the 310s came to me from sales changes when they upgraded
AS/400s from 310m to 857m. They shipped the whole shoebox with the
drive installed so it was just a "no tool" in and out swap. The old
ones were "recycle" items. The lightning drives got to me "bad" but it
was always just that $2 interposer. I had a bunch of them.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT: Politics - More blather OT used pickup trucks

On Wed, 19 May 2021 07:16:15 -0400, Larry posted for all of us to digest...

On 5/18/2021 8:59 PM, wrote:

I understand that's all over now and all the greyhounds are happily
snoozing under the palm trees rather than chasing a mechanical rabbit.
In reality the dogs are probably snoozing under 3 feet of dirt.

IDK how many greyhound rescues there are.

Not near as many rescues as there were greyhounds and they don't tend
to make very good pets but they will thin out the cat population
pretty fast along with anything else that runs from them.
They are not that easy to housebreak and they might be tough on small
children.
Some people love them and have the patience to train them but there
are always a few surrenders at the pound when have been there.

Hmm, that does not coincide with what the greyhound people have told me, but,
of course, they are biased.

There are people who love greyhounds but people love pit bulls too.

The problem with pit bulls is the owners.* Many owners intentionally bred them to be aggressive.* They used to be a good family dog.* My grandson has one, not pure bred, that is just a lovely
dog.

There are others that I'd not be withing 100 yards of them.

Yah, some worthless white-trash democrats had a pitbull tied up in their back yard on a small chain.
The pitbull snapped the chain and attacked a 5 year-old girl walking down the street. The girls face and neck were mauled up pretty bad. She barely survived.

OT: Politics - More blather

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 18 May 2021 19:59:14 -0600, rbowman posted for all of us to digest...

On 05/18/2021 01:54 PM, Tekkie? wrote:
I refer to them as Moneyrola. The emergency services feel their bite every time
they hit the mic button to transmit. They lock one into their system and you
pay. When they need a cash infusion they change system protocols or don't make
parts anymore.

I developed an interface to a Motorola Centracom Gold system close to 20
years ago. It was challenging to say the least.

https://used-radios.com/motorola-cen...em-6-position/

When Schuylkill said they were going to use a Centracom system I asked
if they were planning to buy it on eBay because Motorola had moved on to
the shiny new Project 25 stuff.

I imagine there are some agencies that really are scouring eBay to keep
their gear running.

What a deal! Yeah, I'm sure there are, the county had a problem with one of
their repeaters and had to scrounge.

I remembered the s/w they used awhile ago it was Intergraph.

I wonder what their next whiz bang stuff will be to "upgrade" P25 phase II ?

--
Tekkie

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 19 May 2021 03:03:43 -0700 (PDT), posted for all
of us to digest...

[...]

In emergency services it's a different story, depending how their protocols
are. If a radio board is out it could affect many people for a critical period
in their lives.

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 05/20/2021 01:37 PM, Tekkie� wrote:

[...]

yeah, we picked up a site that was Intergraph. I've been listening to
'it used to work this way' for a year. I don't talk directly to clients
or I would have said 'If you liked it so much why did you leave?'

That's part of the game. Hire a new emergency services supervisor and
they want to go to a shiny new system. The dispatchers may hate it but
they don't get a vote.

APCO has a forum and it's fun listening to the bitching and whining.
It's almost as good as a.h.r.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 05/20/2021 01:42 PM, Tekkie� wrote:

[...]

Some people are pushing for cloud solutions. I guess they don't mind
going back to cards when AWS goes down for a few hours or Jack's Septic
Service digs up the fiber optic cable.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default lowbrowwoman, Birdbrain's Eternal Senile Whore!

On Thu, 20 May 2021 19:28:33 -0600, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

Some people are pushing for cloud solutions. I guess they don't mind
going back to cards when AWS goes down for a few hours or Jack's Septic
Service digs up the fiber optic cable.

And some people just like to talk big on Usenet, senile blabbermouth!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 20 May 2021 19:24:10 -0600, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

yeah, we picked up a site that was Intergraph...

Oh, no! It starts again!

FLUSH senile ****

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 20 May 2021 19:24:10 -0600, rbowman posted for all of us to digest...

[...]

I'll have to subscribe.

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 20 May 2021 19:28:33 -0600, rbowman posted for all of us to digest...

[...]

Who woulda thunk?

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 05/24/2021 12:02 PM, Tekkie� wrote:

[...]

It has its moments. There was a recent thread on dress codes. They range
from complete uniforms to 'we don't deal with the public face to face so
as long as nothing is hanging out'

We sometimes get email saying we're going to have visitors so look
civilized. The irony is if we do have training for dispatchers here they
dress like they're on vacation. Which they are. 'This is really
interesting but can we go to Yellowstone now?'

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 05/24/2021 12:04 PM, Tekkie� wrote:

[...]

Apparently not Tiburon. They've cooled their jets a bit but they were
really pushing the cloud a few years ago.

https://prioritydispatch.net/tiburon-inc/

The website link is a hoot. You can learn about the benefits of concrete
and what to do if your dog won't eat. It usually isn't the sharpest
knife in the programming drawer that gets tasked to do the company website.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 24 May 2021 19:28:12 -0600, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

Apparently not Tiburon. They've cooled their jets a bit but they were
really pushing the cloud a few years ago.

https://prioritydispatch.net/tiburon-inc/

The website link is a hoot.

Like your verbose bull**** that you keep spouting here every day, lowbrow
girl? LOL

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 24 May 2021 19:18:17 -0600, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

It has its moments. There was a recent thread on dress codes. They range
from complete uniforms to 'we don't deal with the public face to face so
as long as nothing is hanging out'

Oh, no!!! And the idiotic senile gossiping continues... Just WTF is wrong
with some of you senile Yankietards?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 24 May 2021 19:28:12 -0600, rbowman posted for all of us to digest...

[...]

I clicked on the CAD link and got blank. That's encouraging. Clicked products
and got a screen of their product icons with no descriptions. Real good way to
present your co to the world... Knife? I think the spoon got the job.

--
Tekkie