Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT used pickup trucks

On 05/12/2021 06:03 PM, wrote:

When I bought my first brand new pickup bare bones 1980 F100
- it was priced at $ 5800. I drove it for 13 years and wished
that I'd bought 2 of them ! .. to get another vehicle that would
cost less than $ 1000 per year ...

Here's a used 2020 Chevy that I would need to drive for
about 40 years to get my money's worth .. :-)

https://tinyurl.com/hre8974e

ps : Canuck Loonie money

I bought a F150 in '86 for around 10K. While it's semi-retired it still
is road worthy and goes for a drive every now and then. I bought the
Sportster in '97; that's way less than $1000 / yr.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 12 May 2021 18:53:37 -0600, rbowman
wrote:

On 05/12/2021 06:03 PM, wrote:

When I bought my first brand new pickup bare bones 1980 F100
- it was priced at $ 5800. I drove it for 13 years and wished
that I'd bought 2 of them ! .. to get another vehicle that would
cost less than $ 1000 per year ...

Here's a used 2020 Chevy that I would need to drive for
about 40 years to get my money's worth .. :-)

https://tinyurl.com/hre8974e

ps : Canuck Loonie money

I bought a F150 in '86 for around 10K. While it's semi-retired it still
is road worthy and goes for a drive every now and then. I bought the
Sportster in '97; that's way less than $1000 / yr.

My arbitrary $ 1000. per year criteria 1980's - 90's
was for an everyday 4 season daily driver in Canada
where road salt plays a considerable factor.
My new 2015 Kia cost me ~ $ 23. grand and has a major
engine-problem-recall that makes it worth about
$ 6. grand today ... ~ $ 3 k per year - IF -
I can squeeze another 3 years out of it ...
.... I probably will not ever buy another Korean car.
John T.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
On Wed, 12 May 2021 18:53:37 -0600, rbowman
wrote:

On 05/12/2021 06:03 PM,
wrote:

[...]

Never had even one warranty claim or failure since with my
Hyundai and its now 13 years old and I am only considering
replacing it because it has no cruise control at all.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 12 May 2021 21:12:58 -0400, wrote:

On Wed, 12 May 2021 18:53:37 -0600, rbowman
wrote:

On 05/12/2021 06:03 PM,
wrote:

[...]

I wasn't impressed with the 2.4 liter 4 cyl and bought the 3,3 V6
Sorento - 2014. So far it's been GOLD. Bought it used. Judging by so
far, I'd definitely buy another one - but the dealer locally??? NOPE!!
Thankfully Hyundai carries most or all of the mechanical parts and the
H dealer locally seams decent. So far it's been a hood release handle
and now it needs a rear wiper blade.

Daughter has a 2012 Hyundai Elantra GT and it has also been GOLD. As
good as younger daughter's Civic - not as old or as many miles yet -
but absolutely NO ISSUES. 1.8 liter GDI with automatic.

Almost equal to a Toyota at 2/3? the price on the used market
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 13 May 2021 11:46:22 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

And the senile auto-contradicting continues! ****ing unbelievable! ROTFLOL

--
Senile Rodent about himself:
"I was involved in the design of a computer OS"

LOL!!!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 13 May 2021 01:41:19 -0400, Clare Snyder
wrote:

On Wed, 12 May 2021 21:12:58 -0400, wrote:

On Wed, 12 May 2021 18:53:37 -0600, rbowman
wrote:

On 05/12/2021 06:03 PM,
wrote:

[...]

Here's one article on the Kia/Hyundai engine issues -

https://www.apa.ca/newsitem.asp?id=1299

As for the 4 cyl. vs 6 cyl. in the Utes and cross-overs -
the 6 cyl. highway fuel economy is usually pretty close
to the 4 cyl. and only suffers slightly in city driving.
Your 2014 Sorento 6 cyl. gives-up 1 litre per 100 km
in both highway and city.
https://fcr-ccc.nrcan-rncan.gc.ca/en
If you drive 15,000 km per year = extra 150 litres
per year ... I'd prefer the 6 cyl. unless it had weird
maintenance issues.
John T.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On Wed, 12 May 2021 21:12:58 -0400, wrote:

On Wed, 12 May 2021 18:53:37 -0600, rbowman
wrote:

On 05/12/2021 06:03 PM,
wrote:

[...]

Looks like the koreans have nuked that site.

As for the 4 cyl. vs 6 cyl. in the Utes and cross-overs -
the 6 cyl. highway fuel economy is usually pretty close
to the 4 cyl. and only suffers slightly in city driving.
Your 2014 Sorento 6 cyl. gives-up 1 litre per 100 km
in both highway and city.
https://fcr-ccc.nrcan-rncan.gc.ca/en
If you drive 15,000 km per year = extra 150 litres
per year ... I'd prefer the 6 cyl. unless it had weird
maintenance issues.
John T.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On Wed, 12 May 2021 21:12:58 -0400, wrote:

On Wed, 12 May 2021 18:53:37 -0600, rbowman
wrote:

On 05/12/2021 06:03 PM,
wrote:

[...]

Whoops, they just don't allow my country for some reason.

As for the 4 cyl. vs 6 cyl. in the Utes and cross-overs -
the 6 cyl. highway fuel economy is usually pretty close
to the 4 cyl. and only suffers slightly in city driving.
Your 2014 Sorento 6 cyl. gives-up 1 litre per 100 km
in both highway and city.
https://fcr-ccc.nrcan-rncan.gc.ca/en
If you drive 15,000 km per year = extra 150 litres
per year ... I'd prefer the 6 cyl. unless it had weird
maintenance issues.
John T.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On Wed, 12 May 2021 18:53:37 -0600, rbowman
wrote:

On 05/12/2021 06:03 PM,
wrote:

[...]

My thoughts exactly. For the small amount of driving we do 1 MPG
difference isn't even in the "noise" category.

The Ranger 4.0 isn't exactly an "economy" vehicle either