Posted to alt.home.repair

Default If you're not vaccinated, you're in more trouble than ever.

If you're not vaccinated, you're in more trouble than ever.

And if you're only 94% safe from infection, you are too. 100-94% leaves
a 6% chance you can still get Corona**.

As protective standards are lessened, for example, no body temperature
test to enter Disneyland and other places, less or no requirement of
masks, you can be sure that there will be sick people going places they
used to not be allowed to go, and going without masks, even though they
are sick. Any of these people can make you sick, and there is less and
less to prevent them from infecting you.

If not vaccinated the chance the chance of needing hospitalization
remains about 10%, of dying remains about 2%, and the chance of Long
Covid stays the same as before others got vaccinated.

This risk from infected people mingling with the rest of us is even more
true than that there are those who drive drunk. People have a chance of
knowing when they're drunk, and a chance of realizing they're not able
to drive well, but many people with Corona have little or no idea they
have it.

Why the world’s most vaccinated country is seeing an unprecedented spike
in coronavirus cases
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...s-covid-cases/
Francis emphasized that even people who have been vaccinated can get
infected. “Vaccines are very effective at preventing serious illness and
death; they are less good at preventing infection,” Francis said.

**Apparently if vaccinated, there's almost no chance of dying even if
you're in the 6%, and on average you will get less sick, but I don't
know how much. I haven't seen details about that, except I just read the
paragraph above.
Posted to alt.home.repair

micky wrote

If you're not vaccinated, you're in more trouble than ever.

Nope. Because herd immunity makes it
much less likely that you will get infected.

And if you're only 94% safe from infection, you are too.

Nope. Because all the main vaccines radically reduce
the severity of the disease if you do get infected and
prevent it from killing you.

100-94% leaves a 6% chance you can still get Corona**.

See above.

As protective standards are lessened, for example, no body
temperature test to enter Disneyland and other places, less
or no requirement of masks, you can be sure that there will
be sick people going places they used to not be allowed to
go, and going without masks, even though they are sick.
Any of these people can make you sick, and there is less
and less to prevent them from infecting you.

Even that isnt accurate because when most are vaccinated
there will be far fewer infected people around.

If not vaccinated the chance the chance of needing hospitalization
remains about 10%, of dying remains about 2%, and the chance of
Long Covid stays the same as before others got vaccinated.

Yes, but its less clear what happens if you get infected and
are then vaccinated to deal with the infection. That's still
being tested.

This risk from infected people mingling with the rest of us is
even more true than that there are those who drive drunk.

That's very arguable with most vaccinated.

People have a chance of knowing when they're drunk,
and a chance of realizing they're not able to drive well,

In fact most drunks believe they can drive well enough
when they cant.

but many people with Corona have little or no idea they have it.

Yes, but that's much less likely once most are vaccinated.

Why the world's most vaccinated country is seeing
an unprecedented spike in coronavirus cases
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...s-covid-cases/

60% vaccinated isnt a very high percentage.
And they are using quite poor vaccines too.

Francis emphasized that even people who
have been vaccinated can get infected.

Yes, there will always be some who don't get a good
immune response from any vaccine. But it's a tiny subset
of those vaccinated with the most effective vaccines.

"Vaccines are very effective at preventing serious illness and
death; they are less good at preventing infection," Francis said.

That's wrong too with the best vaccines.

**Apparently if vaccinated, there's almost no
chance of dying even if you're in the 6%,

Yes with the best vaccines.

and on average you will get less sick, but I don't
know how much. I haven't seen details about that,
except I just read the paragraph above.

In fact the phase 3 trials show that you get much less
sick with the best vaccines like the Pfizer and Moderna.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 08 May 2021 14:22:58 -0400, micky
wrote:

**Apparently if vaccinated, there's almost no chance of dying even if
you're in the 6%, and on average you will get less sick, but I don't
know how much. I haven't seen details about that, except I just read the
paragraph above.

When are you folks going to admit we have fallen for hysteria?

If you are just going to get a little cold that you get over why are
we still being silly about this? The vaccine is available for anyone
who wants it and if they are waiting for Jesus to tell them to get it
they will meet him soon enough .... or not. We still don't have any
good numbers about how many people have acquired immunity from having
a mild case and getting over it. It is very likely they never got
tested so they are not in the stats.
Fauci predicted that might be 80% of those infected.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote
micky wrote

**Apparently if vaccinated, there's almost no chance of dying
even if you're in the 6%, and on average you will get less sick,
but I don't know how much. I haven't seen details about that,
except I just read the paragraph above.

When are you folks going to admit we have fallen for hysteria?

Never, because there is no hysteria, just a recognition
that its a very serious and very infectious disease and
that its very undesirable that it killed 600K in your
country alone before you lot had enough of a clue
to do what is necessary to bring it under control
instead of mindlessly rabbiting on about habeas
corpus and the constitution.

If you are just going to get a little cold that you get over

Try telling that to the 600K its killed in your country alone,
let alone those whose quality of life has been ****ed over by
long covid. You are as stupid as that ****wit orange clown.

why are we still being silly about this?

Fools like Muggles and jimmy always will be.

The vaccine is available for anyone who wants it
and if they are waiting for Jesus to tell them to get
it they will meet him soon enough .... or not.

We still don't have any good numbers about
how many people have acquired immunity
from having a mild case and getting over it.

Because its too hard to measure and is a useless number as
far as what we should be doing about the virus anyway. And
its much too early to tell yet how long that immunity will last.

It is very likely they never got
tested so they are not in the stats.

Yes.

Fauci predicted that might be 80% of those infected.

Irrelevant to what it makes sense to do now.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default More Heavy Trolling by the Senile Octogenarian Nym-Shifting Ozzie Cretin!

On Sun, 9 May 2021 05:46:17 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

"That¢s because so much **** and ****e emanates from your gob that there is
and the end of prick is only clear because you are such a ******."

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 9 May 2021 06:25:49 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

"Who or What is Rod Speed?

man" on the InterNet."
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2021-05-08, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
So what is happening in India is just hysteria? Seems sensible to take
some precautions until we know what is happening. Seems to be on the
right path but could stall if people refuse vaccinations.

India is a 3rd-world country with many people living in unsanitary and crowded
conditions. It is reasonable to conclude that is a contributing factor.

It appears that you are holding yourself out as a doctor and giving out medical
advice. The virus manufacturers are shielded from lawsuits in the U.S. if their
products cause harm. Are you stepping up to the plate and accepting financial
responsibility if your medical advice to take these experimental vaccines
turns out to be harmful?

Note that in the U.S., businesses that require employees to be vaccinated
are responsible for any damages that result due to adverse reactions:

https://www.natlawreview.com/article...cine-reactions

Deciding whether to be a lab rat for medical experimentation is an individual
decision. I intend to remain in the control group for quite some time.

18 Reasons I won't be vaccinated -- https://tinyurl.com/ebty2dx3
Covid vaccines: experimental biology -- https://tinyurl.com/57mncfm5
The fraud of "Climate Change" -- https://RealClimateScience.com
Don't talk to cops! -- https://DontTalkToCops.com
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

At a certain point we can let Darwin decide. The vaccine is out there,
they keep saying it works, at a certain point it is like wearing a
motorcycle helmet. If these people are willing to duck the protection
available, they deserve what they get.

The reality is the hysteria is not reflected in the results. Florida
is wide open with a very old population and a very high amount of
interstate visitors. We are not doing any worse than the states that
are younger, less tourism and strict lockdown policies.
It will be interesting to see what gets reported after all of this
shakes out and we can get an unbiased study about what worked and what
was just virtue signaling.
The only thing we know that worked was if you lived on an island with
a very compliant population and strict immigration policies you could
keep it out. This will be the real test of the vaccines since there
was virtually zero acquired immunity and the virus is still "novel" to
them.

India is FUD and has nothing to do with our situation.
What is the vaccination rate in India?
What are the living conditions?
Poverty rate?
Quality of medical care?
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote
Ed Pawlowski wrote
wrote
micky wrote

[...]

Nope, because this virus mostly kills those past reproducing.

The vaccine is out there, they keep saying it works, at
a certain point it is like wearing a motorcycle helmet.

More mindless bull****, as always from you.

If these people are willing to duck the protection available,

That isnt what is happening in India, stupid.

they deserve what they get.

The reality is the hysteria

There is no hysteria, even in the USA, just sensible
precautions. Something fools like you are too stupid
to use. And yes, if that kills you, stiff **** for you.

is not reflected in the results. Florida is
wide open with a very old population

Plenty of whom take sensible precautions to avoid
getting infected, even if you are too stupid to do that.

and a very high amount of interstate visitors.
We are not doing any worse than the states that
are younger, less tourism and strict lockdown policies.

Because the lockdowns are stupid and not enforced
and no state has actually had enough of a clue to do
the sort of local lockdown that worked very well indeed
in the second wave in Melbourne Australia and which
produced a vastly better result than any place in the
USA of similar size.

It will be interesting to see what gets reported after all
of this shakes out and we can get an unbiased study
about what worked and what was just virtue signaling.

We already have that with New Zealand,
Melbourne, Taiwan, Vietnam etc etc etc.

The only thing we know that worked was if you lived
on an island with a very compliant population and
strict immigration policies you could keep it out.

More utterly mindless pig ignorant **** with
Vietnam, Melbourne and that city in Italy.

This will be the real test of the vaccines since
there was virtually zero acquired immunity
and the virus is still "novel" to them.

More utterly mindless pig ignorant **** from you.

India is FUD

More utterly mindless pig ignorant **** from you.

and has nothing to do with our situation.

No one said it did.

What is the vaccination rate in India?
What are the living conditions?
Poverty rate?
Quality of medical care?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2021-05-08, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
So what is happening in India is just hysteria? Seems sensible to take
some precautions until we know what is happening. Seems to be on the
right path but could stall if people refuse vaccinations.

India is a 3rd-world country with many people living in unsanitary and crowded
conditions. It is reasonable to conclude that is a contributing factor.

It appears that you are holding yourself out as a doctor and giving out medical
advice.

When you make stupid statements you lose. Taking precautions is not
medical advice it is common sense. Washing your hands is at the same
level as looking before crossing the street.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

The situation in India show that what we did works. Florida has opened
up but they also took precautions and vaccinated a lot of people to get
a jump on it. As a country, we are far better off than India with
availability.

If you want Darin to take over why not stop all childhood vaccinations
and see of Polio, smallpox and the like comes back. Measles is
increasing now that there are a lot of anti-vaxxers.

Oh, you said it is a little cold. Shame about those 600,000 that did
not use tissues.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2021-05-08, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
So what is happening in India is just hysteria? Seems sensible to take
some precautions until we know what is happening. Seems to be on the
right path but could stall if people refuse vaccinations.

India is a 3rd-world country with many people living in unsanitary and crowded
conditions. It is reasonable to conclude that is a contributing factor.

It's a reasonable guess but it's a guess. I think you've read nonthing
about the actual facts of India, or you'd be able to do more than guess.
Things were going well there until they had some religious event at the
Ganges river that drew millions.

Much like the death rallies that trump held.

It appears that you are holding yourself out as a doctor and giving out medical
advice.

And what did you just do? If he's holding himself out than so are you,
and he at least used facts instead of guessing.

When you make stupid statements you lose. Taking precautions is not
medical advice it is common sense. Washing your hands is at the same
level as looking before crossing the street.

When Roger was growing up, "Wash your hands" was the most medical advice
he got.

Posted to alt.home.repair

micky wrote
Ed Pawlowski wrote
Roger Blake wrote
Ed Pawlowski wrote

So what is happening in India is just hysteria? Seems sensible to
take some precautions until we know what is happening. Seems
to be on the right path but could stall if people refuse vaccinations.

India is a 3rd-world country with many people living
in unsanitary and crowded conditions. It is reasonable
to conclude that is a contributing factor.

It's a reasonable guess but it's a guess.

Nope, we know that the main way this virus spreads is by aerosols, not
physical contact and living at higher density as they do even with their
middle class is certain to make the spread of the virus worse.

I think you've read nonthing about the actual facts
of India, or you'd be able to do more than guess.

He isnt guessing.

Things were going well there until they had some
religious event at the Ganges river that drew millions.

That just means that the spread wasn't great until after that.

Much like the death rallies that trump held.

Trumps didn't produce the result India has got.

It appears that you are holding yourself out
as a doctor and giving out medical advice.

And what did you just do? If he's holding himself out than
so are you, and he at least used facts instead of guessing.

When you make stupid statements you lose. Taking precautions
is not medical advice it is common sense. Washing your hands is
at the same level as looking before crossing the street.

When Roger was growing up, "Wash your hands"
was the most medical advice he got.

Bet he got vaccinated.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Lonely Cantankerous Auto-contradicting Senile Ozzie Troll Alert!

On Sun, 9 May 2021 15:20:20 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Nope

LOL!

He isnt

LOL!

Trumps didn't

LOL!

Auto-contradicting senile pest!

"Ah, the voice of scum speaks."
MID:

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 9 May 2021 11:05:43 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

MORE of the trolling senile asshole's latest troll****

--
Kerr-Mudd,John addressing the auto-contradicting senile cretin:
MID:
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/8/21 2:22 PM, micky wrote:
If you're not vaccinated, you're in more trouble than ever.

And if you're only 94% safe from infection, you are too. 100-94% leaves
a 6% chance you can still get Corona**.

I'm trembling so much I can barely type.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 09/05/2021 11:46, Larry wrote:
On 5/8/21 2:22 PM, micky wrote:
If you're not vaccinated, you're in more trouble than ever.

And if you're only 94% safe from infection, you are too.Â* 100-94% leaves
a 6% chance you can still get Corona**.

I'm trembling so much I can barely type.

Get checked out, you may have Parkinsons disease.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/8/21 2:22 PM, micky wrote:
If you're not vaccinated, you're in more trouble than ever.

And if you're only 94% safe from infection, you are too. 100-94% leaves
a 6% chance you can still get Corona**.

I'm trembling so much I can barely type.

Get checked out, you may have Parkinsons disease.

Doesn't matter.Â* He'll be tagged a COVID death.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

How did you make the leap from me saying people who are not willing to
take the shot are on their own to making me an anti vaxxer?
It seems like reading is not your long suit.

Oh, you said it is a little cold. Shame about those 600,000 that did
not use tissues.

The world is a cold place and I am still not convinced a lot of what
we did had any major effect at all. The places with the strongest
mandates seemed to have the worst results.
Rod and Trader jumping in with anecdotes about islands and autocratic
countries that were capable of shutting down their borders and
restrict in country travel as an example is disingenuous too.
The US does not restrict movement between states and we have never
been able to. Even when we tried last spring, people said "**** you,
I'm going". There wasn't really anything the government could do about
it. The government was also not able to affect any real quarantines,
not even in those socialist states with oppressive governments.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/8/2021 4:12 PM, wrote:

When are you folks going to admit we have fallen for hysteria?

They're too embarrassed to admit they are stupid enough to fall for it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/8/2021 4:25 PM, Rod Speed wrote:
wrote
micky wrote

[...]

enough ....Â* or not.

We still don't have any good numbers about how many people have
acquired immunity from having a mild case and getting over it.

Because its too hard to measure and is a useless number as far as what
we should be doing about the virus anyway. And its much too early to
tell yet how long that immunity will last.
It is very likely they never got
tested so they are not in the stats.

Yes.
Fauci predicted that might be 80% of those infected.

Irrelevant to what it makes sense to do now.

And yet, there's still a 94.6 to 99.997 survival rate depending on age
group. That 94.6 is 70 and up, the rest are 99 percentile range.

It exists, but it's over hyped hysteria. You denying that doesn't change it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/8/2021 9:05 PM, Rod Speed wrote:
wrote
Ed Pawlowski wrote
wrote
micky wrote

Apparently if vaccinated, there's almost no chance of dying even if
you're in the 6%, and on average you will get less sick, but I
don't know how much. I haven't seen details about that, except I
just read the paragraph above.

When are you folks going to admit we have fallen for hysteria?

If you are just going to get a little cold that you get over why are
we still being silly about this? The vaccine is available for anyone
who wants it and if they are waiting for Jesus to tell them to get it
they will meet him soon enough ....Â* or not. We still don't have any
good numbers about how many people have acquired immunity from having
a mild case and getting over it. It is very likely they never got
tested so they are not in the stats.
Fauci predicted that might be 80% of those infected.

So what is happening in India is just hysteria?Â* Seems sensible to
[...]

I'm willing to bet you scream your own name when jacking off.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/9/2021 10:40 AM, wrote:
On Sat, 8 May 2021 23:16:32 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

India is FUD and has nothing to do with our situation.
What is the vaccination rate in India?
What are the living conditions?
Poverty rate?
Quality of medical care?

The situation in India show that what we did works. Florida has opened
up but they also took precautions and vaccinated a lot of people to get
a jump on it. As a country, we are far better off than India with
availability.

If you want Darin to take over why not stop all childhood vaccinations
and see of Polio, smallpox and the like comes back. Measles is
increasing now that there are a lot of anti-vaxxers.

How did you make the leap from me saying people who are not willing to
take the shot are on their own to making me an anti vaxxer?
It seems like reading is not your long suit.

I did not point you out as an anti-vaxxer so I guess reading
comprehension is not your long suit. There are many people refusing the
vaccine, not just covid but all. The decrease in cases is showing it works.

Oh, you said it is a little cold. Shame about those 600,000 that did
not use tissues.

The world is a cold place and I am still not convinced a lot of what
we did had any major effect at all. The places with the strongest
mandates seemed to have the worst results.
Rod and Trader jumping in with anecdotes about islands and autocratic
countries that were capable of shutting down their borders and
restrict in country travel as an example is disingenuous too.
The US does not restrict movement between states and we have never
been able to. Even when we tried last spring, people said "**** you,
I'm going". There wasn't really anything the government could do about
it. The government was also not able to affect any real quarantines,
not even in those socialist states with oppressive governments.

Travel itself is not a problem, it is what you do while traveling. I
did use rest areas but did not sit in restaurants, etc. I went to NJ
last year in spite of their restrictions but I did take precautions.
Not everyone did.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Then what the **** was this all about

"If you want Darin to take over why not stop all childhood
vaccinations and see of Polio, smallpox and the like comes back.
Measles is increasing now that there are a lot of anti-vaxxers".

There are many people refusing the
vaccine, not just covid but all. The decrease in cases is showing it works.

The decrease may be due to the vaccine or it may just be due to more
people who have acquired immunity, we really don't know but it is
clear this runs in cycles. We have had spikes and lulls in the
infections since this started.
Nobody has even come close to associating that with masks and
lockdowns.
If we have another spike, does that mean the vaccine didn't work?

[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

**Apparently if vaccinated, there's almost no chance of dying even if
you're in the 6%, and on average you will get less sick, but I don't
know how much. I haven't seen details about that, except I just read the
paragraph above.

When are you folks going to admit we have fallen for hysteria?

When are you going to admit that we have 600K dead Americans from Covid?
That we have many times that hospitalized, many for weeks, people with long
Covid, people that are permanently damaged, people who needed lung transplants?
That Covid is not just the flu. There is no hysteria, but there is a lot of Covid
denial.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2021-05-08, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
So what is happening in India is just hysteria? Seems sensible to take
some precautions until we know what is happening. Seems to be on the
right path but could stall if people refuse vaccinations.

India is a 3rd-world country with many people living in unsanitary and crowded
conditions. It is reasonable to conclude that is a contributing factor.

And the US, which is not, has at least 600K dead from Covid, the excess mortality
is about 50% higher than that.

It appears that you are holding yourself out as a doctor and giving out medical
advice.

Nonsense. Ed is just applying common sense and using all the good information
that is available to those that will look.

The virus manufacturers are shielded from lawsuits in the U.S. if their
products cause harm. Are you stepping up to the plate and accepting financial
responsibility if your medical advice to take these experimental vaccines
turns out to be harmful?

It's not as if this is a vaccine for a minor disease that is of little consequence.
We have 600K DEAD, many times that hospitalized costing us all $$$$, all the
lost productivity, the impact to the economy. Any risk from the vaccines pales
in comparison to that. I could ask why you're a coward, refusing to take a very
tiny risk from the vaccine which just helps the disease continue to spread, to
mutate, to make people sick and take more lives. This is the biggest challenge
we've had since WWII and sadly a lot of people are choosing fear, ignorance and
putting themselves above others instead of uniting to beat this disease. Was
this the response to other diseases? Polio? Sadly we are here because some
loons have decided to turn this into another nasty, stupid political **** show.
I'm so glad I withdrew my registration as a Republican two years ago, I was gone
before two impeachments, the insurrection, turning Georgia from red to blue
and now anti-vax lunacy.

Note that in the U.S., businesses that require employees to be vaccinated
are responsible for any damages that result due to adverse reactions:

https://www.natlawreview.com/article...cine-reactions

Deciding whether to be a lab rat for medical experimentation is an individual
decision. I intend to remain in the control group for quite some time.

Go ahead, hide under your bed, instead of doing your part to beat Covid and
save lives, possibly your own.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

But they also affect the rest of us who are vaccinated, by delaying how
long it takes to get back to normal, by continuing to provide hosts for
Covid to mutate, possibly into far worse variants.

The reality is the hysteria is not reflected in the results. Florida
is wide open with a very old population and a very high amount of
interstate visitors. We are not doing any worse than the states that
are younger, less tourism and strict lockdown policies.
It will be interesting to see what gets reported after all of this
shakes out and we can get an unbiased study about what worked and what
was just virtue signaling.

Yeah, good luck with that. Right now the loons in AZ have hired some unqualified
"experts" to look for election fraud. Among the things they are examining is checking
the paper of the ballots for bamboo, to see if they came from China. That's the
kind of thinking that's on the Republican side and that's where most of the anti-vaxers are.

The only thing we know that worked was if you lived on an island with
a very compliant population and strict immigration policies you could
keep it out.

The lie still being repeated, despite it being pointed out to you how many
times that this is not 1850. The primary means of moving in and out of
countries, including islands, is the same and it doesn't involve ships.

This will be the real test of the vaccines since there
was virtually zero acquired immunity and the virus is still "novel" to
them.

More nonsense. We have excellent data that shows the vaccines are
highly effective.

India is FUD and has nothing to do with our situation.

You should know FUD.

Posted to alt.home.repair
mo mo is offline

On 5/8/21 2:22 PM, micky wrote:
If you're not vaccinated, you're in more trouble than ever.

And if you're only 94% safe from infection, you are too. 100-94% leaves
a 6% chance you can still get Corona**.

And if you're fat AND bald, you got one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel.

https://www.the-sun.com/news/2836376...e-covid-study/

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

You're the one with some peculiar fetish about "islands". The rest of us
know that it's not 1850 anymore, we're not relying on ships for travel and
islands like Taiwan and Australia are no more or less accessible to the rest
of the world than the USA.

The US does not restrict movement between states and we have never
been able to. Even when we tried last spring, people said "**** you,
I'm going". There wasn't really anything the government could do about
it. The government was also not able to affect any real quarantines,
not even in those socialist states with oppressive governments.

That's largely because we had a feckless president who figured lying and
denying was the way to go. And now you just flipped to claiming that
even oppressive govts could not impose any successful quarantines while
previously you claimed that the success at containing Covid in countries
like China was because of their oppressive govts. Not that there was
much truth to it, as evidenced by the many democracies that did a far
better job at containing Covid, eg Taiwan, South Korea, Japan, Australia, etc.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/9/2021 10:40 AM, wrote:
[...]

Yes we do, it's both. And it's documented that far more people have achieved
immunity in the past 4 months from the vaccines.

but it is
clear this runs in cycles. We have had spikes and lulls in the
infections since this started.
Nobody has even come close to associating that with masks and
lockdowns.

Actually there is a good association, for those willing to look.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

So everyone in your family has been fully vaccinated?

All your friends?

And if not, and someone dies it's his fault? That's how you regard your
family and friends?

And you missed the entire point of my OP. Unvaccinated people endanger
the rest of us.

The reality is the hysteria is not reflected in the results. Florida

Oh, yes, you scientific sage. There will be no more outbreaks because
50% of Florida is vaccinated!

Do you understand the meaning of 94% effective? How 94 differs from
100? What per CENT means?

DeSantis said some stupid stuff that made clear that he doesn't and I
think you don't either. You should retake 4th grade arithmetic.
(There may be some special program that will let you attend with 10-year
olds.)

I'm too disgusted to read the rest of your stuff.

[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Sun, 9 May 2021 09:42:43 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:

The only thing we know that worked was if you lived on an island with
a very compliant population and strict immigration policies you could
keep it out.

So you're going to ban tourism too. I don't think the money-grubbing
DeSantis will go along with that. Probably not you either.

The rate of Corona in the Seychelles, an island country with the highest
vaccination rate in the world is higher than India's. Put that in your
pipe and smoke it.

The lie still being repeated, despite it being pointed out to you how many
times that this is not 1850. The primary means of moving in and out of
countries, including islands, is the same and it doesn't involve ships.

This will be the real test of the vaccines since there
was virtually zero acquired immunity and the virus is still "novel" to
them.

More nonsense. We have excellent data that shows the vaccines are
highly effective.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 05/09/2021 09:54 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
I did not point you out as an anti-vaxxer so I guess reading
comprehension is not your long suit. There are many people refusing the
vaccine, not just covid but all. The decrease in cases is showing it works.

It's interesting how the phrasing has changed. I've never gotten a flu
shot but I don't recall that being described as 'refusing' the shot. Now
if you do not get an experimental vaccine you're branded a public enemy.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

The reality is the hysteria is not reflected in the results. Florida
is wide open with a very old population and a very high amount of
interstate visitors. We are not doing any worse than the states that
are younger, less tourism and strict lockdown policies.

You sure are doing worse. Florida is the number 1 state in new cases,
3977. YOu'er number 1!! Whoopee.

You're 3rd of 50 in total number of cases. Yes, you're rate is 19th
highest, which is pretty good, but 5 of the other 18 states has ZERO nwe
cases in the most recent day. Two othes had under 100. The future looks
good for them but bad for you.

DeSantis is one of the reasons, and it looks like he learned happy-talk
from trump.

https://news.google.com/covid19/map?...S&ceid=US%3Aen
You can sort on the Statistics columns by clicking at the top.

It will be interesting to see what gets reported after all of this
shakes out and we can get an unbiased study about what worked and what
was just virtue signaling.
The only thing we know that worked was if you lived on an island with
a very compliant population and strict immigration policies you could
keep it out. This will be the real test of the vaccines since there
was virtually zero acquired immunity and the virus is still "novel" to
them.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

**Apparently if vaccinated, there's almost no chance of dying even if
you're in the 6%, and on average you will get less sick, but I don't
know how much. I haven't seen details about that, except I just read the
paragraph above.

When are you folks going to admit we have fallen for hysteria?

When are you going to admit that we have 600K dead Americans from Covid?
That we have many times that hospitalized, many for weeks, people with long
Covid, people that are permanently damaged, people who needed lung transplants?
That Covid is not just the flu. There is no hysteria, but there is a lot of Covid
denial.

Covid was bad but our response may have been worse in the long run.
We are not even that sure most of the measures that crushed our
economy were even effective. After all 600,000 died anyway. The places
with the tightest restrictions did as poorly (or worse) than the ones
that ran loose.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Breakthrough infections in the vaccinated are far more dangerous than
the ones in the unvaccinated because they are cultivating a variant
that is immune to the vaccine so you really don't want to go there.

The reality is the hysteria is not reflected in the results. Florida
is wide open with a very old population and a very high amount of
interstate visitors. We are not doing any worse than the states that
are younger, less tourism and strict lockdown policies.
It will be interesting to see what gets reported after all of this
shakes out and we can get an unbiased study about what worked and what
was just virtue signaling.

Yeah, good luck with that. Right now the loons in AZ have hired some unqualified
"experts" to look for election fraud. Among the things they are examining is checking
the paper of the ballots for bamboo, to see if they came from China. That's the
kind of thinking that's on the Republican side and that's where most of the anti-vaxers are.

Squirrel! !

More TDS off topic bull**** having nothing to do with what we are
talking about but I guess you can't help yourself.

The only thing we know that worked was if you lived on an island with
a very compliant population and strict immigration policies you could
keep it out.

The lie still being repeated, despite it being pointed out to you how many
times that this is not 1850. The primary means of moving in and out of
countries, including islands, is the same and it doesn't involve ships.

They still only have a few ports of entry in those island nations and
they locked them down. Do you deny that?
I am not even going to talk about the communist dictatorships and
autocratic places like Korea, or Singapore.
This is the US. We have the right to free travel and very porous
borders. We couldn't even lock down returning passengers from infected
cruise ships last spring and your answer was "they just want to go
home".

This will be the real test of the vaccines since there
was virtually zero acquired immunity and the virus is still "novel" to
them.

More nonsense. We have excellent data that shows the vaccines are
highly effective.

Then why do I still need a mask at Walmart? I have been vaccinated.

India is FUD and has nothing to do with our situation.

You should know FUD.

Certainly, I talk with you.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Airports are easier to lock down than ship docks but we never had the
ability to do either. That pesky constitution and you even admitted we
can't keep people from "going home".
Home was New York, How did that work out?

The US does not restrict movement between states and we have never
been able to. Even when we tried last spring, people said "**** you,
I'm going". There wasn't really anything the government could do about
it. The government was also not able to affect any real quarantines,
not even in those socialist states with oppressive governments.

That's largely because we had a feckless president

The feckless president now or then?
Nothing of substance has changed except the vaccine and that was well
underway before Trump left ... or did you forget that.