Posted to alt.home.repair

Default If you're not vaccinated, you're in more trouble than ever.

On Sat, 08 May 2021 20:37:56 -0400, wrote:

On Sat, 8 May 2021 18:50:21 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 5/8/2021 4:12 PM,
wrote:
On Sat, 08 May 2021 14:22:58 -0400, micky
wrote:

**Apparently if vaccinated, there's almost no chance of dying even if
you're in the 6%, and on average you will get less sick, but I don't
know how much. I haven't seen details about that, except I just read the
paragraph above.

When are you folks going to admit we have fallen for hysteria?

If you are just going to get a little cold that you get over why are
we still being silly about this? The vaccine is available for anyone
who wants it and if they are waiting for Jesus to tell them to get it
they will meet him soon enough .... or not. We still don't have any
good numbers about how many people have acquired immunity from having
a mild case and getting over it. It is very likely they never got
tested so they are not in the stats.
Fauci predicted that might be 80% of those infected.

So what is happening in India is just hysteria? Seems sensible to take
some precautions until we know what is happening. Seems to be on the
right path but could stall if people refuse vaccinations.

At a certain point we can let Darwin decide.

There it is, the "Fretwell Let'r Rip Doctrine" that you've been pushing
since the beginning of this pandemic, over a year ago now. Have you really
learned nothing over the past year? Nothing at all?

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default lowbrowwoman, the Endlessly Driveling Senile Gossip

On Sun, 9 May 2021 18:20:46 -0600, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

https://www.worldometers.info/corona...country/china/

Speaking of under counting... There are two ways of looking at that.

There's only one way to look at you: as an endlessly driveling and gossiping
senile ****!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 10 May 2021 09:56:17 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Over 80% of the people who get the Fauci-19 virus report that it feels like a cold/flu and over 98% recover completely.
If this was Fauci's attempt at a deadly bio-weapon, the prick failed. The democrat's "cure" was worse than the disease.

The stats clearly show that the "Fretwell Let'r Rip Doctrine" works. In fact, it's looking like Governor DeSantis and Fretwell are the two
smartest guys in Florida.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/10/21 2:03 AM, Jim Joyce wrote:
Did you forget that when the Biden administration took office in January
they inherited no national vaccine program, no plan, not even an outline
for a plan. Zero, nada, zilch. Did you forget that?

President Trump's team did all the heavy lifting before Bribem's thugs stole the election.
Obviously you get your newsaganda from CNN/ABC/CBS/NBC and the once-great Google.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/10/2021 6:36 AM, Larry wrote:
On 5/10/21 2:03 AM, Jim Joyce wrote:
Did you forget that when the Biden administration took office in January
they inherited no national vaccine program, no plan, not even an outline
for a plan. Zero, nada, zilch. Did you forget that?

President Trump's team did all the heavy lifting before Bribem's thugs
stole the election.
Obviously you get your newsaganda from CNN/ABC/CBS/NBC and the
once-great Google.

He's a democrat shill. What else would you expect him to say?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/10/21 7:23 AM, Frank wrote:
On 5/10/2021 6:36 AM, Larry wrote:
On 5/10/21 2:03 AM, Jim Joyce wrote:
Did you forget that when the Biden administration took office in January
they inherited no national vaccine program, no plan, not even an outline
for a plan. Zero, nada, zilch. Did you forget that?

President Trump's team did all the heavy lifting before Bribem's thugs stole the election.
Obviously you get your newsaganda from CNN/ABC/CBS/NBC and the once-great Google.

He's a democrat shill.Â* What else would you expect him to say?

Yah, I think he's poster_4's twin brother.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, May 9, 2021 at 1:11:58 PM UTC-4, micky wrote:
In alt.home.repair, on Sun, 9 May 2021 09:42:43 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:

The only thing we know that worked was if you lived on an island with
a very compliant population and strict immigration policies you could
keep it out.

So you're going to ban tourism too. I don't think the money-grubbing
DeSantis will go along with that. Probably not you either.

The rate of Corona in the Seychelles, an island country with the highest
vaccination rate in the world is higher than India's. Put that in your
pipe and smoke it.

You mean Fretwell's island protection thing doesn't work?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, May 9, 2021 at 1:15:28 PM UTC-4, rbowman wrote:
On 05/09/2021 09:54 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
I did not point you out as an anti-vaxxer so I guess reading
comprehension is not your long suit. There are many people refusing the
vaccine, not just covid but all. The decrease in cases is showing it works.

It's interesting how the phrasing has changed. I've never gotten a flu
shot but I don't recall that being described as 'refusing' the shot. Now
if you do not get an experimental vaccine you're branded a public enemy.

You think maybe that's because Covid has an order of magnitude higher
hospitalizations and deaths and that it leaves some people with long haul
symptoms that we don't understand yet?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, May 9, 2021 at 1:40:01 PM UTC-4, wrote:

wrote:

**Apparently if vaccinated, there's almost no chance of dying even if
you're in the 6%, and on average you will get less sick, but I don't
know how much. I haven't seen details about that, except I just read the
paragraph above.
When are you folks going to admit we have fallen for hysteria?

When are you going to admit that we have 600K dead Americans from Covid?
That we have many times that hospitalized, many for weeks, people with long
Covid, people that are permanently damaged, people who needed lung transplants?
That Covid is not just the flu. There is no hysteria, but there is a lot of Covid
denial.

Covid was bad but our response may have been worse in the long run.
We are not even that sure most of the measures that crushed our
economy were even effective. After all 600,000 died anyway.

And how many would have died if we did nothing? Good grief.

The places
with the tightest restrictions did as poorly (or worse) than the ones
that ran loose.

That's mostly BS too. In NY, NJ, CT we were close to disaster. As soon as
restrictions were put in place last spring, the infection rate plummeted.
It remained low while restrictions were in place, as they started to come off,
it began increasing again. South Dakota was spared the initial infections
that hit us here, that came from Europe. The dopey governor there chose
total trumptard denial, refused to require masks and allowed Sturgis to be
held. It seemed inconceivable that anyone could be so stupid as to hold
a ten day drunken gathering of 200K people from all over the US, but that's
exactly what they did. It's obvious that spread disease. This isn't the
Middle Ages, we know what a virus is, we know the mechanisms by which it
spreads. And that reckless fool Noam provided the perfect environment.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/10/2021 6:36 AM, Larry wrote:
On 5/10/21 2:03 AM, Jim Joyce wrote:
Did you forget that when the Biden administration took office in January
they inherited no national vaccine program, no plan, not even an outline
for a plan. Zero, nada, zilch. Did you forget that?

President Trump's team did all the heavy lifting before Bribem's thugs
stole the election.
Obviously you get your newsaganda from CNN/ABC/CBS/NBC and the
once-great Google.

Still waiting for Rudy to bring the evidence to court for that election
thing. Should be soon huh? Think it will be this week?
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

At a certain point we can let Darwin decide. The vaccine is out there,
they keep saying it works, at a certain point it is like wearing a
motorcycle helmet. If these people are willing to duck the protection
available, they deserve what they get.

But they also affect the rest of us who are vaccinated, by delaying how
long it takes to get back to normal, by continuing to provide hosts for
Covid to mutate, possibly into far worse variants.

Breakthrough infections in the vaccinated are far more dangerous than
the ones in the unvaccinated because they are cultivating a variant
that is immune to the vaccine so you really don't want to go there.

Funny that no medical authority has stated anything like that. If a
vaccinated person contracts Covid, it doesn't mean that it's some new
variant, it just means that their immune system was still susceptible,
probably for reasons we don't fully understand.

The reality is the hysteria is not reflected in the results. Florida
is wide open with a very old population and a very high amount of
interstate visitors. We are not doing any worse than the states that
are younger, less tourism and strict lockdown policies.
It will be interesting to see what gets reported after all of this
shakes out and we can get an unbiased study about what worked and what
was just virtue signaling.

Yeah, good luck with that. Right now the loons in AZ have hired some unqualified
"experts" to look for election fraud. Among the things they are examining is checking
the paper of the ballots for bamboo, to see if they came from China. That's the
kind of thinking that's on the Republican side and that's where most of the anti-vaxers are.

Squirrel! !

More TDS off topic bull**** having nothing to do with what we are
talking about but I guess you can't help yourself.

It's very relevant, because stupid is as stupid does. The same bunch that refuses
masks, refuses to be vaccinated, is in Covid denial is also the bunch that believe
other BS, lies and conspiracy, eg the "stolen election".

The only thing we know that worked was if you lived on an island with
a very compliant population and strict immigration policies you could
keep it out.

The lie still being repeated, despite it being pointed out to you how many
times that this is not 1850. The primary means of moving in and out of
countries, including islands, is the same and it doesn't involve ships.

They still only have a few ports of entry in those island nations and
they locked them down. Do you deny that?

Do you deny that if you can close 6 places of entry, you can also close 60 or
600? It has nothing to do with a country being an island. If Trump had
closed air and ship travel, it would have been closed, island or not.

I am not even going to talk about the communist dictatorships and
autocratic places like Korea, or Singapore.

Korea is not an autocracy. And of course you don't want to talk about any
countries that successfully managed Covid, you refuse to even acknowledge
that they were successful.

This is the US. We have the right to free travel and very porous
borders. We couldn't even lock down returning passengers from infected
cruise ships last spring and your answer was "they just want to go
home".

We did lock down those returning passengers. The issue was Trump wanted
to leave them to die at sea. Finally he was forced into allowing Americans
to re-enter, but they immediately went to quarantine.

This will be the real test of the vaccines since there
was virtually zero acquired immunity and the virus is still "novel" to
them.

More nonsense. We have excellent data that shows the vaccines are
highly effective.

Then why do I still need a mask at Walmart? I have been vaccinated.

Like so many things discussed here, that has been explained to you many,
many times here, in detail. Yet you keep asking.....

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, May 9, 2021 at 1:53:26 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Sun, 9 May 2021 09:51:35 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

keep it out. This will be the real test of the vaccines since there
was virtually zero acquired immunity and the virus is still "novel" to
them.

India is FUD and has nothing to do with our situation.
What is the vaccination rate in India?
What are the living conditions?
Poverty rate?
Quality of medical care?

The situation in India show that what we did works. Florida has opened
up but they also took precautions and vaccinated a lot of people to get
a jump on it. As a country, we are far better off than India with
availability.

If you want Darin to take over why not stop all childhood vaccinations
and see of Polio, smallpox and the like comes back. Measles is
increasing now that there are a lot of anti-vaxxers.

How did you make the leap from me saying people who are not willing to
take the shot are on their own to making me an anti vaxxer?
It seems like reading is not your long suit.
Oh, you said it is a little cold. Shame about those 600,000 that did
not use tissues.
The world is a cold place and I am still not convinced a lot of what
we did had any major effect at all. The places with the strongest
mandates seemed to have the worst results.
Rod and Trader jumping in with anecdotes about islands and autocratic
countries that were capable of shutting down their borders and
restrict in country travel as an example is disingenuous too.

You're the one with some peculiar fetish about "islands". The rest of us
know that it's not 1850 anymore, we're not relying on ships for travel and
islands like Taiwan and Australia are no more or less accessible to the rest
of the world than the USA.

Airports are easier to lock down than ship docks but we never had the
ability to do either.

Funny thing then that Trump did institute some travel bans. Hell, that POS
even called for a ban on all Muslims entering the USA before Covid even
existed.

That pesky constitution and you even admitted we
can't keep people from "going home".

What I spoke about was when Trump wanted to leave those cruise
ship passengers to die at sea, so that the Covid numbers didn't go up,
which he thought would look bad for him. And the "going home" was
after TESTING and QUARANTINING those infected for a couple weeks.
Only then did they go home.

Home was New York, How did that work out?

It's widely accepted that NY was infected by people traveling before any
Covid restrictions were put in place. Those people were not just some people
going home, they were all kinds of international travelers, eg tourists,
people on business, etc.

The US does not restrict movement between states and we have never
been able to. Even when we tried last spring, people said "**** you,
I'm going". There wasn't really anything the government could do about
it. The government was also not able to affect any real quarantines,
not even in those socialist states with oppressive governments.

That's largely because we had a feckless president

The feckless president now or then?
Nothing of substance has changed except the vaccine and that was well
underway before Trump left ... or did you forget that.

A whole lot has changed. The vast number of lies, the assault on our govt,
on our institutions, on basic decency. And the polling numbers show it,
the number of people who say the country is moving in the right direction
today has about doubled. As to Trump and the vaccine, Pfizer committed
all it's resources to a vaccine in Jan 2020, when Trump was lying, denying
and claiming it wouldn't be a problem here... or did you forget that?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, May 9, 2021 at 1:55:37 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Sun, 9 May 2021 09:55:49 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:

Then what the **** was this all about
"If you want Darin to take over why not stop all childhood
vaccinations and see of Polio, smallpox and the like comes back.
Measles is increasing now that there are a lot of anti-vaxxers".
There are many people refusing the
vaccine, not just covid but all. The decrease in cases is showing it works.

The decrease may be due to the vaccine or it may just be due to more
people who have acquired immunity, we really don't know

Yes we do, it's both. And it's documented that far more people have achieved
immunity in the past 4 months from the vaccines.

but it is
clear this runs in cycles. We have had spikes and lulls in the
infections since this started.
Nobody has even come close to associating that with masks and
lockdowns.

Actually there is a good association, for those willing to look.

Show me. Real data, not just opinions.

The places with mandatory mask mandates and lockdowns did as badly as
those without and some were far worse..

What's the point? For example it's been explained to you many times over many
months why it's still important that masks be required in Walmart. Yet you just
asked why again.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, May 9, 2021 at 2:05:49 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Sun, 09 May 2021 13:05:37 -0400, micky
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

So everyone in your family has been fully vaccinated?

Yes

All your friends?

Yes
And if not, and someone dies it's his fault?

Yes, if they chose not to avail themselves of the vaccine. It is just
walk in and get your shot here. There is no excuse not to, assuming
it is as safe as you folks say.
That's how you regard your
family and friends?

Not relevant is it?

And you missed the entire point of my OP. Unvaccinated people endanger
the rest of us.

OK then you shouldn't care so much if they get sick and die then
should you. You think they are a menace.
The reality is the hysteria is not reflected in the results. Florida

Oh, yes, you scientific sage. There will be no more outbreaks because
50% of Florida is vaccinated!

I doubt we will ever get anywhere close to 100% or even 80% but you
think they are all going to get sick and die so it is a self limiting
problem.
OTOH we still do not have a clue how many people have acquired
immunity from a mild case that cured "spontaneously" as Fauci
describes it and he said that might be 80% of the people who got
infected.

Do you understand the meaning of 94% effective? How 94 differs from
100? What per CENT means?

I also know that is just a conservative guess and the real number is
now being hyped as higher (more effective). You folks really need to
make up your mind. Is the vaccine the silver bullet or is it just a
placebo?
You seem to change your opinion depending on the conversation.

No, Micky's right. You have a comprehension problem. You can't deal
with situations where something is 90%, 95% effective. You start making
posts here, claiming that if something isn't 100%, then it must be no good.
It's something we see more and more sadly. People want everything to be
black and white, simple. And again, that's part of how so much of this country has
gravitated to Trump and his lies. He offers black and white, simple answers.
It can't be that Trump lost the election, which would require some analysis
and introspection to figure out why, what was wrong. No, instead they
choose to believe the lie that the election was stolen. Simple answers for
simple people.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, May 9, 2021 at 2:17:38 PM UTC-4, wrote:
wrote:

The reality is the hysteria is not reflected in the results. Florida
is wide open with a very old population and a very high amount of
interstate visitors. We are not doing any worse than the states that
are younger, less tourism and strict lockdown policies.

You sure are doing worse. Florida is the number 1 state in new cases,
3977. YOu'er number 1!! Whoopee.

You're 3rd of 50 in total number of cases. Yes, you're rate is 19th
highest, which is pretty good, but 5 of the other 18 states has ZERO nwe
cases in the most recent day. Two othes had under 100. The future looks
good for them but bad for you.

DeSantis is one of the reasons, and it looks like he learned happy-talk
from trump.

https://news.google.com/covid19/map?...S&ceid=US%3Aen
You can sort on the Statistics columns by clicking at the top.

OK so go sort that by cased per million. Get back to me.
When the snow melts and you northerners can go outside again, let's
see how you are doing.

The infection rates in NY, NJ, etc last summer were low. But then we still had
reasonable restrictions in place, we wore masks, etc. So, IDK what you are
trying to imply.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, May 9, 2021 at 2:21:29 PM UTC-4, Hawk wrote:
On 5/8/2021 4:25 PM, Rod Speed wrote:
wrote
micky wrote

**Apparently if vaccinated, there's almost no chance of dying even if
you're in the 6%, and on average you will get less sick, but I don't
know how much. I haven't seen details about that, except I just read
the paragraph above.

When are you folks going to admit we have fallen for hysteria?

Never, because there is no hysteria, just a recognition that its a very
serious and very infectious disease and that its very undesirable that
it killed 600K in your country alone before you lot had enough of a clue
to do what is necessary to bring it under control
instead of mindlessly rabbiting on about habeas
corpus and the constitution.
If you are just going to get a little cold that you get over

Try telling that to the 600K its killed in your country alone,
let alone those whose quality of life has been ****ed over by long
covid. You are as stupid as that ****wit orange clown.
why are we still being silly about this?

Fools like Muggles and jimmy always will be.
The vaccine is available for anyone who wants it and if they are
waiting for Jesus to tell them to get it they will meet him soon
enough .... or not.

We still don't have any good numbers about how many people have
acquired immunity from having a mild case and getting over it.

Because its too hard to measure and is a useless number as far as what
we should be doing about the virus anyway. And its much too early to
tell yet how long that immunity will last.
It is very likely they never got
tested so they are not in the stats.

Yes.
Fauci predicted that might be 80% of those infected.

Irrelevant to what it makes sense to do now.

And yet, there's still a 94.6 to 99.997 survival rate depending on age
group. That 94.6 is 70 and up, the rest are 99 percentile range.

It exists, but it's over hyped hysteria. You denying that doesn't change it.

I don't see people concerned with Covid denying the survival rates. What I
see are a whole lot of mostly right wing loons denying that at least 600K Americans
are dead from Covid. The same loons that claim it's just the flu. The same
loons that believe the stolen election lie. Now that's some mighty fine hysteria.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/10/21 10:08 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 5/10/2021 6:36 AM, Larry wrote:
On 5/10/21 2:03 AM, Jim Joyce wrote:
Did you forget that when the Biden administration took office in January
they inherited no national vaccine program, no plan, not even an outline
for a plan. Zero, nada, zilch. Did you forget that?

President Trump's team did all the heavy lifting before Bribem's thugs stole the election.
Obviously you get your newsaganda from CNN/ABC/CBS/NBC and the once-great Google.

Still waiting for Rudy to bring the evidence to court for that election thing.Â* Should be soon huh?Â* Think it will be this week?

Patience grasshopper! The democrats and the RINOcrats are busy obstructing justice.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

A vaccination that's not even approved by the FDA.

It has been tested and approved under EUA. We have 600K Americans
dead, 3 mil dead worldwide, it is an emergency, you know.

You can get it, the
smart ones won't be guinea pigs.

Comparing a 3rd world country to the rest? Get real. That place is a
cesspool of diseases and germs.

600K dead here, get real. So sad that crazy Republicans have chosen to
make masks and vaccines another nasty, divisive **** show. Apparently
they want to lose even more. It's like watching a house burn down, with the
people inside denying it's on fire, refusing to put the fire out or leave the
house, instead believing crazy conspiracy theories.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2021-05-09, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
When you make stupid statements you lose. Taking precautions is not
medical advice it is common sense. Washing your hands is at the same
level as looking before crossing the street.

You did not answer the questions. Holding yourself out as a doctor and
recommending that I take specific medication or medications for which
the manufacturer has no financial liability is not the same thing
at all as advice to "wash your hands" or "look before crossing the
street" except perhaps to a closed-minded propagandist or the addled
mind of a blithering idiot.

So I repeat the questions. Please answer. Any more evasive bull****
marks you as an unthinking propagandist, to be kind.

Are you holding yourself out as a doctor and giving me medical advice
to take an experimental vaccine which does not have FDA approval,

It does have FDA approval, it was tested over the course of about 9 months,
the FDA looked at the data, the science and issued an EUA. It is an
emergency, you know.

has
not had long-term testing,

Right, better to wait a couple of years, have a million more Americans
dead, many times that hospitalized, many with long haul Covid that
may last a lifetime.

and for which the manufacturer cannot
be held liable if it damages me? Having given me this medical advice,
will YOU agree to be held financially liable if I do as you say and
it causes me harm?

I like 150 mil other Americans accepted that deal. It's kind of irrelevant
and foolish to think that if there is some significant harm to the masses
that holding Pfizer and Moderna financially responsible is going to matter.
Divide up their total financial positions and what do you expect you'd get?
$100? But this kind of argument is an effective tool to stir up more nasty,
stupid, divisive BS, instead of getting vaccinated.

Only simple "yes" or "no" answers are required.

That's another hallmark of the new rightwingers. Reduce everything to simple
black and white answers, even when the issues are complex.

(BTW, my own doctor, a licensed and experienced medical professional,
has advised me not to take any of the available vaccines at this time.
Do you believe your medical qualifications and experience should take
precedence over his? Once again, a simple "yes" or "no" answer is
all that is required.)

The key data here is missing. Why?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2021-05-09, micky wrote:
When Roger was growing up, "Wash your hands" was the most medical advice
he got.

You apparently failed to grow up and develop the capacity for critical
thought. Tell us, what is it like approaching adult life while saddled with
the intellectual capacity of an 8-year-old?

You want to talk about 8 year olds, answer this. Was the 2020 election stolen?
Do we have 600K Americans dead from Covid? Like you say, all that is required
is a yes or no.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

A vaccination that's not even approved by the FDA. You can get it, the
smart ones won't be guinea pigs.

Comparing a 3rd world country to the rest? Get real. That place is a
cesspool of diseases and germs.

That 3rd world cesspool only has half the deaths that covid has caused
in the USA.

That surprised me when I looked. Tell me again why we care about a
country with 10 million fewer cases and a quarter million fewer deaths
with a billion more people than us?

Because Covid is a worldwide problem and if some countries are breeding
grounds for new variants it's a problem for the world. And because as decent
humans, we are concerned about people suffering wherever they are.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On Sunday, May 9, 2021 at 10:41:03 AM UTC-4, wrote:

The US does not restrict movement between states and we have never
been able to. Even when we tried last spring, people said "**** you,
I'm going". There wasn't really anything the government could do about
it. The government was also not able to affect any real quarantines,
not even in those socialist states with oppressive governments.

That's largely because we had a feckless president

The feckless president now or then?

The clue is contained within the meaning of the word "had". With that in
mind, why don't you take another run at it?

Nothing of substance has changed except the vaccine and that was well
underway before Trump left ... or did you forget that.

Did you forget that when the Biden administration took office in January
they inherited no national vaccine program, no plan, not even an outline
for a plan. Zero, nada, zilch. Did you forget that?

That's right too. Trump lied saying first that the military was going to be
administering the vaccine, then that they would be delivering it. Turns out
all he had in place there with General Warpspeed was that they would call
up Pfizer and Moderna, find out how much vaccine they could ship this
week, then divide it up for the states based on population. I think you and
I could do that with a phone and a desk. FedEx and UPS delivered it,
the military didn't give the shots either. This was just like Trump's new
health insurance plan, his immigration reform plan, his Covid testing website
being done by Google and all the rest. Pure, unadulterated BS. He had
no vaccine distribution plan. Had he remained in office, we would have
gotten through it as usual, with a lot more lying, BS, missteps, delays, but
it finally would have rolled out, though likely later.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, May 10, 2021 at 6:37:01 AM UTC-4, Larry wrote:
On 5/10/21 2:03 AM, Jim Joyce wrote:
Did you forget that when the Biden administration took office in January
they inherited no national vaccine program, no plan, not even an outline
for a plan. Zero, nada, zilch. Did you forget that?

President Trump's team did all the heavy lifting before Bribem's thugs stole the election.
Obviously you get your newsaganda from CNN/ABC/CBS/NBC and the once-great Google.

Please list for us all this heavy lifting that you allege Trump did. I saw Congress
appropriate a couple trillion in Covid money, with about a trillion left to Trump to
hand out for vaccines. I saw Trump give some of that to Moderna for vaccine
development. I saw Trump issue orders for hundreds of millions of doses of
vaccine to each company, orders that the govt would have to pay for if the vaccines
received approval. Even in that, we narrowly escaped disaster, because Trump's
orders with each company were a small fraction of what would be needed. Trump
and America got very lucky that three of the six panned out. Had only one worked,
we would have been screwed. Pfizer, Moderna, etc started vaccine development
in Jan 2020, when Trump was beginning his lying and denying. The first vaccines
were generated with weeks.

That's the history I saw. I don't think issuing the checks that Congress approved
is heavy lifting. Also, at the time Congress was writing the bill, I did not see
Trump advocating for what funding he wanted, I saw no speeches. I saw him
do what he did with all the rest, punt it off to someone else, in this case,
Congress. So what "heavy lifting" did Trump do that I missed?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, May 10, 2021 at 10:08:15 AM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 5/10/2021 6:36 AM, Larry wrote:
On 5/10/21 2:03 AM, Jim Joyce wrote:
Did you forget that when the Biden administration took office in January
they inherited no national vaccine program, no plan, not even an outline
for a plan. Zero, nada, zilch. Did you forget that?

President Trump's team did all the heavy lifting before Bribem's thugs
stole the election.
Obviously you get your newsaganda from CNN/ABC/CBS/NBC and the
once-great Google.

Still waiting for Rudy to bring the evidence to court for that election
thing. Should be soon huh? Think it will be this week?

I saw a story recently that Rudy has cut back on his staff. It said that while
up until recently Rudy traveled with a staff of five or so, now it's like one
driver. Other stories say that while Trump has raised hundreds of millions
to pay for he stolen election BS or to be used by Trump's PAC, he has told
his minions not to give any to Rudy. I think Rudy, Powell and Mr. Pillowhead
are in deep doo doo.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Can't you ever STFU and quit politicizing everything?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 10 May 2021 08:45:19 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:

[...]

Of the three, it seems like Rudy might be in worse shape than the others.
He has the Big Lie in common with the others, but he also seems to have
some shady things that apparently involved Ukraine.

Powell's "you're stupid if you believed me" defense might not work for
Rudy.

As for the Pillow guy, he's all in. He even countersued for $1.6B so we'll
see how that goes. I expect everyone to eventually settle for undisclosed
sums, but they'll have to publicly admit they were lying to support Trump.

Remember when Fretwell claimed that 'Trump is gone, let's move on'? That
still cracks me up. Trump is the opposite of gone.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Some are incapable of learning anything. "don't confuse me with facts
- my mind (such as it is) is already made up"

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Had Trump won reelection, we'd have 50 Governors climbing over each other
to make their own deals with Moderna, Pfizer, and J&J. We'd have Jared
announcing that any Federal stockpiles are not there to be used by states,
and we'd have Trump reminding us that he's not a delivery clerk. Throughout
all of that, we'd get gems like suggesting light and disinfectants might be
a viable approach for people who are vaccine hesitant, or that cases/deaths
are only as high as they are because we're testing so many people. Reduce
the testing and you reduce the cases. Oh, we'd also have the idiot doctor
from Fox telling us that herd immunity via Fretwell's 'Let'r Rip' doctrine
is the only way to go.

In short, we'd still have front row seats to watch **** show after ****
show, with a raging dumpster fire as a backdrop. Throughout, we'd have
Trump supporters nodding in full approval, even as they drop like flies.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

I'm no expert in child development, but some people, such as Fretwell and
Muggles, seem to have taken the approach of "I learned everything I need to
know by the time I finished 3rd grade." In Fretwell's case, new or evolving
information seems to completely throw him for a loop.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

The only thing we know that worked was if you lived on an island with
a very compliant population and strict immigration policies you could
keep it out.

So you're going to ban tourism too. I don't think the money-grubbing
DeSantis will go along with that. Probably not you either.

The rate of Corona in the Seychelles, an island country with the highest
vaccination rate in the world is higher than India's. Put that in your
pipe and smoke it.

You mean Fretwell's island protection thing doesn't work?

Not when the entire economy of the island is dependant
on tourism and you have to let anyone who wants to show
up do that and it isnt feasible to make them quarantine
for a couple of weeks as Australia and New Zealand do.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

In fact we do understand why that happens. A small subset of the
population dont develop adequate immunity to the vaccine. That
happens with all vaccines. Mostly because their immune system
is ****ed. Its trivial to measure how well a particular individual's
immune system responds to a vaccination and that has been done.

[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default More Heavy Trolling by the Senile Octogenarian Nym-Shifting Ozzie Cretin!

On Tue, 11 May 2021 05:02:01 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Xeno to senile Rodent:
"You're a sad old man Rod, truly sad."
MID:
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 11 May 2021 05:09:39 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH troll**** unread

--
JimK addressing senile Rodent Speed:
"I really feel the quality of your trolling has dropped in the last few

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 9 May 2021 11:15:32 -0600, rbowman posted for all of us to digest...

On 05/09/2021 09:54 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
I did not point you out as an anti-vaxxer so I guess reading
comprehension is not your long suit. There are many people refusing the
vaccine, not just covid but all. The decrease in cases is showing it works.

It's interesting how the phrasing has changed. I've never gotten a flu
shot but I don't recall that being described as 'refusing' the shot. Now
if you do not get an experimental vaccine you're branded a public enemy.

"your body, your choice"

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 09 May 2021 13:05:37 -0400, micky posted for all of us to digest...

wrote:

[...]

And if not, and someone dies it's his fault? That's how you regard your
family and friends?

And you missed the entire point of my OP. Unvaccinated people endanger
the rest of us.

The reality is the hysteria is not reflected in the results. Florida

Oh, yes, you scientific sage. There will be no more outbreaks because
50% of Florida is vaccinated!

Do you understand the meaning of 94% effective? How 94 differs from
100? What per CENT means?

DeSantis said some stupid stuff that made clear that he doesn't and I
think you don't either. You should retake 4th grade arithmetic.
(There may be some special program that will let you attend with 10-year
olds.)

I'm too disgusted to read the rest of your stuff.

[...]

Well, what do you say about the regular flu vax? How about the pneumonia vax?
That's some leading killers there! Why don't you have them?

The PA gov wants a 70% vax rate before he lifts all bans. Where did that come
from? You can't get that rate on the vax's named above.

The posters here are hilarious; whatever suits their mind at a particular time
is posted-even if the exact opposite was posted 20 minutes ago. Round and round
you go, same old same old. Like monkeys throwing **** at each other than
licking their hands for the peanuts. You bozos better get a real-life away from
this. You probably have to have a night-light on so the bogeyman doesn't get
you! You haven't done **** for society with all your bellyaching here. I risked
my life for nimrods like you but that's okay because I was helping people on
their worst days. Do you think people get up in the morning saying: I'll infect
somebody today, I'll get infected today, I'll die today, I'll get in a crash
and permanently change the life of a young child, I'll forget to turn off an
appliance and burn the house down? No wonder the climate is changing with all
this yapping and no doing; the hot air. Save the environment just air fry your
tacos in front of your mouth.

There are a few that this post doesn't apply to, but, the rest of you take a
look in the mirror and say to yourself; how do I make this country better?
Ranting just doesn't cut it!

Over & out

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Third grade???
More like kindergarten
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

you could keep it out. This will be the real test of the vaccines
since there was virtually zero acquired immunity and the virus is
still "novel" to them.

India is FUD and has nothing to do with our situation.
What is the vaccination rate in India?
What are the living conditions?
Poverty rate?
Quality of medical care?

The situation in India show that what we did works. Florida has
opened up but they also took precautions and vaccinated a lot of
people to get a jump on it. As a country, we are far better off than
India with availability.

If you want Darin to take over why not stop all childhood
vaccinations and see of Polio, smallpox and the like comes back.
Measles is increasing now that there are a lot of anti-vaxxers.

Oh, you said it is a little cold. Shame about those 600,000 that did
not use tissues.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On Sat, 8 May 2021 18:50:21 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 5/8/2021 4:12 PM,
wrote:

snipppp

Well, what do you say about the regular flu vax? How about the pneumonia vax?
That's some leading killers there! Why don't you have them?

I fo - as well as the Shingles vaccine