Old April 28th 21, 09:39 AM posted to alt.home.repair

Default Covid: One dose of vaccine halves transmission - study

A single dose of a coronavirus vaccine can reduce household transmission
of the virus by up to half, a study shows.

Those given a first dose of either the Pfizer or AstraZeneca vaccines -
and who became infected three weeks later - were between 38% and 49%
less likely to pass the virus on than unvaccinated people, PHE found.

In the study, protection against Covid was seen from about 14 days after
vaccination, with similar levels of protection regardless of age of
cases or contacts, PHE said in a statement.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-56904993

Another good reason to get the vaccine.
This sends a message to all of the antvaxxers.

Old April 28th 21, 12:16 PM posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/28/21 4:39 AM, Bod wrote:
A single dose of a coronavirus vaccine can reduce household transmission of the virus by up to half, a study shows.

Those given a first dose of either the Pfizer or AstraZeneca vaccines - and who became infected three weeks later - were between 38% and 49%
less likely to pass the virus on than unvaccinated people, PHE found.

In the study, protection against Covid was seen from about 14 days after vaccination, with similar levels of protection regardless of age of
cases or contacts, PHE said in a statement.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-56904993

Another good reason to get the vaccine.
This sends a message to all of the antvaxxers.

**** the commie leftist maskhole nazicrats!
You actually think I'm going to voluntarily take a shot of no-liability experimental gene therapy?

Old April 28th 21, 12:26 PM posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 28 Apr 2021 09:39:03 +0100, Bod wrote:

A single dose of a coronavirus vaccine can reduce household transmission
of the virus by up to half, a study shows.

Those given a first dose of either the Pfizer or AstraZeneca vaccines -
and who became infected three weeks later - were between 38% and 49%
less likely to pass the virus on than unvaccinated people, PHE found.

In the study, protection against Covid was seen from about 14 days after
vaccination, with similar levels of protection regardless of age of
cases or contacts, PHE said in a statement.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-56904993

Another good reason to get the vaccine.
This sends a message to all of the antvaxxers.

That's good news.

Same for Sinovac. In the experiment in the town of Serrana(SP)
transmission went down by 65% after ALL the adults received one or
more doses.(they are now ALL fully vaccinated).
And deaths zeroed in the group that got the second dose(there
was ONE death from COVID after the first dose took effect)
Logical conclusion: Get vaccinated for your own sake, and
continue wearing a mask and practicing social distancing for the sake
of others.
Think of it as a war. You're just a soldier in a huge army
protecting EVERYONE in your "country".
Do Trumpets "do" logic?
Bolsonazis don't.
[]'s
--
Don't be evil - Google 2004
We have a new policy - Google 2012
Old April 28th 21, 01:44 PM posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/28/2021 7:16 AM, Larry wrote:
On 4/28/21 4:39 AM, Bod wrote:
A single dose of a coronavirus vaccine can reduce household
transmission of the virus by up to half, a study shows.

Those given a first dose of either the Pfizer or AstraZeneca vaccines
- and who became infected three weeks later - were between 38% and 49%
less likely to pass the virus on than unvaccinated people, PHE found.

In the study, protection against Covid was seen from about 14 days
after vaccination, with similar levels of protection regardless of age
of cases or contacts, PHE said in a statement.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-56904993

Another good reason to get the vaccine.
This sends a message to all of the antvaxxers.

**** the commie leftist maskhole nazicrats!
You actually think I'm going to voluntarily take a shot of no-liability
experimental gene therapy?

I'd not do that either but since the vaccine is not gene therapy I go
both shots. Don't let facts get in the way of your decision though.
Old April 28th 21, 01:44 PM posted to alt.home.repair

On 28/04/2021 12:26, Shadow wrote:
[...]

Thanks for the extra info.....and no, trumpets don't do logic.

Old April 28th 21, 01:50 PM posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/28/21 4:39 AM, Bod wrote:
[...]

I've had my two shots for months now. So has my whole family with
exception of 6 year old granddaughter. I think it is stupid not to
follow the science and the facts.

If you do not want to be vaccinated that is your choice and you can live
with the consequences.

Old April 28th 21, 03:41 PM posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/28/21 4:39 AM, Bod wrote:
[...]

Once everyone is vaccinated who wants to be, why are we not "lettn ur
rip"?
Let Darwin decide who dies.

The original story was we wanted to limit infection to prevent
overloading hospitals
We are there and have been for quite a while in the US.

Then it was we need to build herd immunity.
Between the vaccine and natural cases, we are about as close as we
will get. They can't fill all the vaccine slots they have now. Anyone
who wants the shot can get it.

Masks have gone from "the general public doesn't need a mask" to "Wear
2". The CDC has finally relaxed the rule and said if you are outside,
all alone, you don't need one. (like people outside all alone ever
needed one).

The lock down thing is, at best, inconclusive.
States that are wide open like Florida are not doing any worse than
states that are locked down.

You folks really need to pick a story and stick to it.

I am about to be done with all of this crap. I had my shots, it's been
3 weeks. What else do you want?

Old April 28th 21, 06:21 PM posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/28/21 4:39 AM, Bod wrote:
[...]

I've no problem with taking a vaccine that is proven safe AFTER several
years of revealing the various serious side effects. I'm good with
letting other people stepping up to be guinea pigs.

--
Maggie