Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Derek Chauvin- found guilty

On Wed, 21 Apr 2021 07:42:37 -0600, rbowman posted for all of us to digest...

On 04/20/2021 09:44 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 4/20/2021 11:37 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 04/20/2021 05:28 PM, Hal Bundy wrote:
On 4/20/2021 5:16 PM, Tekkie? wrote:
Nuff said, move on.

This was a game changer. I suspect most cops will be seeking other
careers now.

I wonder how many resumes our PD will get? The pay might not be as
good but the stress is a lot less.

Most of the protesters think cops should be eliminated. Maybe one week
every cop in the country should get the Blue Flu and see how well we get
along without them.

The next riots will be in Columbus OH where a cop shot a 15 year old
girl who was trying her best to kill her BFF with a 6" butcher knife.
The cop should have stood down. One way or the other a good, church
going girl was going to the morgue.

Doesn't help that the week before they shot a dindu who managed to find
a weapon in the ER.

He had the gun on him the entire time. The cop assumed the other one had
searched him prior to cuff & stuff. When the second search revealed a gun the
cop just whispered it to the other cop who didn't hear it correctly but the
actor did. A ****show from get-go.

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

OK ... how about the treacherous crime ridden city
of North Bay Ontario ... ? pop. 53000.
https://www.ontariosunshinelist.com/employers/ngbh
I suspect that many of North Bay's Finest might draw their
weapon about once a year .. if that.

I can't opine on the magnitude of the salaries (which are
in CAD). How do these compare with the average salary
for private sectors of the Canadian economy?

Ralph said police are under-paid for their dangerous job -
I say not in my world - most are over-paid.
... farmers and firefighters work dangerous jobs.
John T.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 21 Apr 2021 09:28:25 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 4/21/2021 8:00 AM, trader_4 wrote:
.

Ed, that's exactly what I thought. I can't recall another case where the charges
ranged from manslaughter to murder and they convicted them of all three.
That must be something peculiar to Minnesota.

As to appeals, if there is still justice in America, he should be granted a new
trial. That trial never should have been held in Minneapolis, it was impossible
for him to get a fair trial there. The jury was under the gun, knew that if they
acquitted, the mobs would be burning down their city. Maxine Waters, always
the fool and despicable, added to it by calling for violence while the trial was
going on, if he was acquitted. Another thing that should not have been allowed
was all the tearful testimony of what a great guy that POS Floyd was. The
prosecution brought up one witness after another, portraying him as a kind,
loving, beautiful guy. That left the defense in a terrible position. What could
they do, go cross examine them and ask what about the fact that he held a
knife to a pregnant woman during a home invasion and all his other arrests?
If they did, then the jury could feel that the defense was attacking a dead man.
I'm not saying Chauvin was innocent, but there is no way that sham was a
fair trial and I hope he gets a new trial. All kinds of trials have been granted
changes of venue for far less poisonous environments than existed here.

With all the publicity it would be difficult to try him anywhere and
Maxine would follow.

They did not name the jurors of course, but you can be sure they were
known to the locals. A non-guilty could have had their houses burned
down too.

Every big city seems to have a mural of Floyd now. They should also put
up a of his arrests with it to keep it in perspective. He is not a hero
or role model.

That is what bothers me. There are far more egregious police
shootings. Breonna Taylor springs to mind but they had video of Floyd
so the TV embraced it in spite of the fact that he was a thug that was
fighting with the police and refused to get in the car.
Mr Floyd could have stopped this at any time by saying "I give up, I
will get in the car".
Why do people always embrace these thugs?

As for the cops, I guess in the future they will say "Tough ****, call
the secret service" the next time someone tries to stick a merchant
with a bogus bill.
Posted to alt.home.repair

writes:
[...]

Because murder is murder even if one is an -accused- thug. We only
legally murder people after they've been convicted by a jury of their
peers. Resisting arrest is not a capital crime.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 21 Apr 2021 11:05:28 -0400, wrote:

When a cop is called out to a situation,
he often only has a split second to determine
if his or someone elses life is in danger.
That job just does not pay enough for the dangers of it for me.

I don't know what cops earn in your area - $ 110. grand
for writing traffic tickets in Ontario.

https://www.ontariosunshinelist.com/positions/pkhrx

Plus generous benefits & pension.
John T.

https://www.glassdoor.com/Salary/Lee..._D_KO27,41.htm

$40,114 - $45,533

IOW 1.33 times the proposed minimum wage for a fairly new deputy.

We are paying the people who are expected to run towards the gunshots
a little more than we want to pay the guy who squirts ketchup on our
burger at McDonalds.
Something is very wrong going on here.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 21 Apr 2021 12:59:17 -0400, Frank "frank wrote:

On 4/21/2021 10:28 AM, Frank wrote:
On 4/21/2021 9:28 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 4/21/2021 8:00 AM, trader_4 wrote:
.

Ed, that's exactly what I thought.Â* I can't recall another case where
the charges
ranged from manslaughter to murder and they convicted them of all three.
That must be something peculiar to Minnesota.

As to appeals, if there is still justice in America, he should be
granted a new
trial.Â* That trial never should have been held in Minneapolis, it was
impossible
for him to get a fair trial there.Â*Â* The jury was under the gun, knew
that if they
acquitted, the mobs would be burning down their city.Â* Maxine Waters,
always
the fool and despicable, added to it by calling for violence while
the trial was
going on, if he was acquitted.Â*Â* Another thing that should not have
been allowed
was all the tearful testimony of what a great guy that POS Floyd was.
The
prosecution brought up one witness after another, portraying him as a
kind,
loving, beautiful guy.Â*Â*Â* That left the defense in a terrible
position.Â* What could
they do, go cross examine them and ask what about the fact that he
held a
knife to a pregnant woman during a home invasion and all his other
arrests?
If they did, then the jury could feel that the defense was attacking
a dead man.
I'm not saying Chauvin was innocent, but there is no way that sham was a
fair trial and I hope he gets a new trial.Â*Â* All kinds of trials have
been granted
changes of venue for far less poisonous environments than existed here.

With all the publicity it would be difficult to try him anywhere and
Maxine would follow.

They did not name the jurors of course, but you can be sure they were
known to the locals.Â* A non-guilty could have had their houses burned
down too.

Every big city seems to have a mural of Floyd now.Â* They should also
put up a of his arrests with it to keep it in perspective.Â* He is not
a hero or role model.

Just thinking this am that George Floyd is probably the only one in the
US that died with covid in his system whose death was not blamed on covid.

Now we find that George Floyd deliberately sacrificed himself for the
cause of racial justice:

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/...-floyd-vpx.cnn

George died for or sins huh?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 21 Apr 2021 02:08:54 -0400, wrote:

On Tue, 20 Apr 2021 20:58:00 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 4/20/2021 7:31 PM, Frank wrote:
On 4/20/2021 5:56 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
On Tuesday, April 20, 2021 at 4:44:58 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Tue, 20 Apr 2021 17:16:12 -0400, Tekkie©
wrote:

Nuff said, move on.

I bet that won't happen. This is not a "move on" mob.

Â*Â*Â*Â* Good grief.Â*Â* They took Jeopardy off to yap about the verdict.

Jeopardy started here but got bumped for a Biden speech.

My thought tonight is also a lot of potential rioters are disappointed
that Chauvin was found guilty on all counts and they won't have an
excuse to bring home that 70 inch TV they promised mom.

I was surprised that they nailed him on all three. I don't understand
how one victim can garner three murder charges from one assailant. You
can only kill a person once.

Eight weeks to sentencing and I'm sure appeals to follow.

The 3 verdicts gives an appeal court judge the latitude to toss 2 and
still leave a charge standing if they don't toss all 3. The last I
heard the appeal was going to be based on so much publicity and
inflammatory statements from politicians that he couldn't get a fair
trial.
By the time this winds it's way through the courts we will be on to
the next outrage and nobody will really be paying much attention to
what actually happens to Chauvin.

Why should they? He'll be in prison.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 20 Apr 2021 21:34:05 -0600, rbowman
wrote:

I wonder what message a cop would take away? Never, never

murder a man when he's unarmed, lying down and restrained just because
he's black.

If it happens, the US will be a better place.
Most police in the US are too stupid to figure that out, but I
admire your optimism.
[]'s

--
Don't be evil - Google 2004
We have a new policy - Google 2012
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
[...]

For the same reason they are thugs themselves.

As for the cops, I guess in the future they will say
"Tough ****, call the secret service" the next time
someone tries to stick a merchant with a bogus bill.

Bet they will actually behave more reasonably when
some thug like Floyd pulls a stunt like that and don't
actually drag him from the cruiser he was already in
and apply a knee to the thug's neck to posture in
front of the crowd as a tough guy, even if Chauvin
does eventually get off.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 21 Apr 2021 05:06:29 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:

That cop shooting of the black 13 year old in Chicago

He wasn't black.
is a good example. The 13 year old had a gun

And threw it away.

was involved with gang bangers

No, he wasn't. And the cop wouldn't know that even if he had
been.

Thanks for showing us all why you have such a big problem with
your police. Seems like racism is out of control.
[]'s
--
Don't be evil - Google 2004
We have a new policy - Google 2012
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

When a cop is called out to a situation,
he often only has a split second to determine
if his or someone elses life is in danger.
That job just does not pay enough for the dangers of it for me.

I don't know what cops earn in your area - $ 110. grand
for writing traffic tickets in Ontario.

https://www.ontariosunshinelist.com/positions/pkhrx

Plus generous benefits & pension.
John T.

https://www.glassdoor.com/Salary/Lee..._D_KO27,41.htm

$40,114 - $45,533

IOW 1.33 times the proposed minimum wage for a fairly new deputy.

We are paying the people who are expected to run towards the gunshots
a little more than we want to pay the guy who squirts ketchup on our
burger at McDonalds.
Something is very wrong going on here.

Lee County FLA has less than 1 million population and
$ 240 million police budget ... ?
if the staff is so underpaid -
... one needs to ask where is that money going ! ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lee_County,_Florida
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lee_Co...ffice_(Florida)

John T.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

I am no expert but a retired cop told me we have far more police than
needed. Apparently in the old days when you were a cop you spent your
time on the beat. Today apparently a lot of cops are tucked away in
cubbyholes doing paper work. You can say the same thing about teachers.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 21 Apr 2021 08:07:26 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:

I finally heard a talk show host address the incident in VA with the black army
lieutenant. Again, the cop has already been fired for pepper spraying him.

Excellent. He obviously should have been fired for how he handled this
encounter, but that begs the question of whether the officer's behavior
during this encounter was typical of his behavior overall. If so, he should
have been fired long ago, or not hired as a cop at all.

The media only presents one very biased side of it, "black lieutenant pepper
sprayed during traffic stop". The reality is he was in a SUV with tinted windows,
no license plates.

He had a temporary plate taped to the inside of the rear window. That's a
very common thing, in my experience, so I assume it's legal, although IDK.

The cop tried to pull him over, he kept going for a long ways,
I think it might have been a mile or more. He finally pulls over in a gas station,
he claims he kept going because he wanted to get to a well lit area. OK.

Continuing to an area where it's safe to pull over is proper and
encouraged. The key is to proceed slowly and deliberately, without doing
anything to give the impression that you're trying to run. If the LT did
his part properly, and IDK if he did, and if the officer still had a
problem with it, then that would be a reason to discipline the officer.

So
the cop tells him to get out out the car over and over. He just keeps giving lip
back, eg I didn't do anything, why are you stopping me? After telling him to get
out or be pepper sprayed, after having the pepper spray out, after all that,
finally the cop pepper sprayed him. This WABC talk radio host is the first I've
heard say that the military and others should not be backing up this guy, that
regardless of whether he's in the military or not, he was a smug thug that day.

I've seen the video. He wasn't smug in the slightest. He was asking the
exact questions that friends of mine who are traffic attorneys have told me
I should ask if I get pulled over. What should have happened is the driver
should have asked why he was being detained, and the officer should have
replied with, "You're being detained because....", and give the actual
reason. Not, "Get out of the vehicle." The officer was clearly in the
wrong, but they almost always get away with that behavior. Heck, most
people probably aren't even aware that the officer messed up. This time,
with the whole thing caught on video, the officer had nowhere to hide and
got shown the door. Good riddance, I'd say.

It's just incredible to me that on the one hand these Black Lies Matter bunch
claim cops are looking to gun down blacks and yet they continue to create
these stupid, highly toxic, dangerous situations that wind up with awful results
for themselves, the cops and all of us.

There should be a balance. You want citizens to act differently, and in
some cases they certainly should. I mostly want cops to act differently. I
want them to follow the laws that they're supposed to be enforcing, and I
want them to follow their training. Way too often, they do neither of those
things but thanks to video cameras, things will hopefully change for the
better.

Without video, Chauvin would have gotten away with killing Floyd. Without
video, the cop who stopped the Army officer would still have his job. I
guess what we need is more video so we can weed out the cops who shouldn't
be cops.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 04/21/2021 02:22 PM, Tekkie� wrote:

[...]

Not a glowing recommendation for the Columbus PD. Amazing the spin
they're putting on the girl. She was a good girl just trying to defend
herself from a bunch of mean girls and was actually the one who called
the popo.

Then there is the Knoxville saint. Tunes up his girl friend so her
mother calls the cops. Cops proceed to the high school and shoot him in
the bathroom. That one is really murky. Reportedly one of the cops has a
hole in him but it wasn't made by the kid's gun.

****, it's going to be a long, hot summer.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 04/21/2021 12:10 PM, Rapida Muerte wrote:
On 4/21/21 12:59 PM, Frank wrote:
[...]

The government should open up a free all-you-can-eat fentanyl and meth
buffet in every major city.

Works for me. A demographic that consists of 13% of the population has
over 30% of the abortions so throw in a few planned parenthood clinics.

The wokies are down on Margaret Sanger but the woman had the right idea.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 04/21/2021 03:11 PM, wrote:

OK ... how about the treacherous crime ridden city
of North Bay Ontario ... ? pop. 53000.
https://www.ontariosunshinelist.com/employers/ngbh
I suspect that many of North Bay's Finest might draw their
weapon about once a year .. if that.

I can't opine on the magnitude of the salaries (which are
in CAD). How do these compare with the average salary
for private sectors of the Canadian economy?

Ralph said police are under-paid for their dangerous job -
I say not in my world - most are over-paid.
.. farmers and firefighters work dangerous jobs.
John T.

Your world is Canada... The cops here range from $45,000 to about
$52,000. otoh I can only remember one getting shot in the last 30
years. There have been police involved shootings all of which were found
to be justified. However they were white cops shooting white scumbags
and white people don't make saints out of their felons.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 04/21/2021 02:08 PM, Tekkie� wrote:

On Tue, 20 Apr 2021 20:58:00 -0400, Ed Pawlowski posted for all of us to
digest...

wrote:

Nuff said, move on.

I bet that won't happen. This is not a "move on" mob.

Good grief. They took Jeopardy off to yap about the verdict.

Jeopardy started here but got bumped for a Biden speech.

My thought tonight is also a lot of potential rioters are disappointed
that Chauvin was found guilty on all counts and they won't have an
excuse to bring home that 70 inch TV they promised mom.

I was surprised that they nailed him on all three. I don't understand
how one victim can garner three murder charges from one assailant. You
can only kill a person once.

Eight weeks to sentencing and I'm sure appeals to follow.

Maxine made sure of that.

The senile senior pretending to be president stuck his oar in too. At
least the dried up bitch from California waited for the verdict before
proclaiming Floyd died for truth, justice, and the American way.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I wonder what message a cop would take away? Never, never

murder a man when he's unarmed, lying down and restrained just because
he's black.

If it happens, the US will be a better place.
Most police in the US are too stupid to figure that out, but I
admire your optimism.
[]'s

Thanks for editing my post, asshole.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 21 Apr 2021 22:57:45 GMT, (Scott Lurndal)
wrote:

writes:
[...]

Mr Floyd was an accessory to that murder. He could have given up and
got in the car at any time. Nobody ever heard him say it tho.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

It depends on whether he gets bond pending his appeal. In 2 years
nobody will remember who George Floyd was.
That may have actually been part of the plan all along. They can
vacate the top 2 counts, he gets some number of years and gets out
fairly early.
OTOH he is hoping it gets tossed but that is unlikely. We still might
not hear it if it did tho. I doubt anyone wants a new trial but I bet
in Frost Bite Falls Mn where they would acquit on all counts. .
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

We spend over $150k a year to keep a deputy on the street doing that
math.
There are a ****load of deputies and they actually catch a lot of
crooks. It' seems worth it.
Car hopping (burglary) and other "nuisance crimes" are actually
illegal here and the deputies are serious about catching the thief. In
the big city, they might not even show up to take a report. They also
have all the newest gadgets. Their cars look like the bridge on the
Starship Enterprise.
OTOH we are not dealing with 300 drug murders every year like
Baltimore.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

That is one thing I can say about our Sheriff. They have always
embraced technology. The deputies can do almost all of their paperwork
on the laptop in their car, as things are going on. If you get a
ticket here, it is a printout from his onboard printer that is
actually the report on his ticket. He can put notes on it or whatever.
I think they fill the fields when he runs your tag.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Emmett Till was lynched in 1955 and lots of people still remember his name.
(And the final days of his life.)

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default lowbrowwoman, the Endlessly Driveling Senile Gossip

On Wed, 21 Apr 2021 20:36:56 -0600, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

Your world is Canada... The cops here range from $45,000 to about
$52,000. otoh I can only remember one getting shot in the last 30
years. There have been police involved shootings all of which were found
to be justified. However they were white cops shooting white scumbags
and white people don't make saints out of their felons.

Black people obviously don't make endlessly gossiping senile assholes like
the whites do, you ridiculous "white" gossip (and Trumptard, of course)!
BG
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 21 Apr 2021 20:41:16 -0600, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

wrote:

I wonder what message a cop would take away? Never, never

murder a man when he's unarmed, lying down and restrained just because
he's black.

If it happens, the US will be a better place.
Most police in the US are too stupid to figure that out, but I
admire your optimism.
[]'s

Thanks for editing my gossip, asshole.

BG Sure, any time, bigmouth!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 21 Apr 2021 20:28:33 -0600, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

The government should open up a free all-you-can-eat fentanyl and meth
buffet in every major city.

Works for me. A demographic that consists of 13% of the population has
over 30% of the abortions so throw in a few planned parenthood clinics.

The wokies are down on Margaret Sanger but the woman had the right idea.

I think the government should offer free euthanizing to useless endlessly
driveling senile assholes such as you are, senile gossipping Trumptard!
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default More Heavy Trolling by the Senile Octogenarian Nym-Shifting Ozzie Cretin!

On Thu, 22 Apr 2021 09:22:33 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH the useless trolling senile asshole's latest troll**** unread

It's ALL absolutely NONE of yours, senile trolling arsehole from Australia!
LOL

--
The Natural Philosopher about senile Rodent:
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 21 Apr 2021 20:39:36 -0600, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

I was surprised that they nailed him on all three. I don't understand
how one victim can garner three murder charges from one assailant. You
can only kill a person once.

Eight weeks to sentencing and I'm sure appeals to follow.

Maxine made sure of that.

The senile senior pretending

Oh, the irony! This coming from the pretentious senile bigmouth! LOL

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 21 Apr 2021 20:24:40 -0600, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

Not a glowing recommendation for the Columbus PD. Amazing the spin
they're putting on the girl. She was a good girl just trying to defend
herself from a bunch of mean girls and was actually the one who called
the popo.

Then there is the Knoxville saint. Tunes up his girl friend so her
mother calls the cops. Cops proceed to the high school and shoot him in
the bathroom. That one is really murky. Reportedly one of the cops has a
hole in him but it wasn't made by the kid's gun.

****, it's going to be a long, hot summer.

Oh, just take your senile gossip off to an appropriate newsgroup, you
endlessly gossiping senile Trumptard!
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I wonder what message a cop would take away? Never, never

murder a man when he's unarmed, lying down and restrained just because
he's black.

If it happens, the US will be a better place.
Most police in the US are too stupid to figure that out, but I
admire your optimism.
[]'s

Thanks for editing my post, asshole.

I didn't alter a single word. I just snipped the racist trash.
HTH
[]'s
--
Don't be evil - Google 2004
We have a new policy - Google 2012
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/22/21 1:27 AM, wrote:
On Wed, 21 Apr 2021 22:57:45 GMT,
(Scott Lurndal)
wrote:

writes:
[...]

At autopsy, they found our hero had 3x the lethal dose of fentanyl in his system.Â* By rights, they should have charged his drug dealer with the murder.

https://rumble.com/vfwdr5-we-are-liv...n-verdict.html

And FWIW, our hero also tested positive for the COVID. Why was this not labeled a COVID death like all the others?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/22/2021 7:16 AM, Ward wrote:
On 4/22/21 1:27 AM, wrote:
On Wed, 21 Apr 2021 22:57:45 GMT,
(Scott Lurndal)
wrote:

writes:
[...]

was.Â* The
[...]

Because murder is murder even if one is an -accused- thug.Â* We only
legally murder people after they've been convicted by a jury of their
peers.Â* Resisting arrest is not a capital crime.

Mr Floyd was an accessory to that murder. He could have given up and
got in the car at any time. Nobody ever heard him say it tho.

At autopsy, they found our hero had 3x the lethal dose of fentanyl in
his system.Â* By rights, they should have charged his drug dealer with
the murder.

https://rumble.com/vfwdr5-we-are-liv...n-verdict.html

And FWIW, our hero also tested positive for the COVID. Why was this not
labeled a COVID death like all the others?

Also had covid virus. I had noted before that he was probably the only
one to die in the US with covid in his system whose death was not
attributed to covid.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

writes:
[...]

his system. By rights, they should have charged his drug dealer with
the murder.

https://rumble.com/vfwdr5-we-are-liv...n-verdict.html

And FWIW, our hero also tested positive for the COVID. Why was this not
labeled a COVID death like all the others?

Also had covid virus. I had noted before that he was probably the only
one to die in the US with covid in his system whose death was not
attributed to covid.

A cynic might suggest that's because his survivors got millions because
the cop killed him. They'd get only burial expense from the Feds if Covid did.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
I finally heard a talk show host address the incident in VA with the black army
lieutenant. Again, the cop has already been fired for pepper spraying him.

Excellent. He obviously should have been fired for how he handled this
encounter,

What would you suggest? Carry a box of chocolates? Just walk away?
The cop tried repeatedly to reason with that guy, he was obviously looking
to create an incident, probably to get his 15 minutes on CNN. This Black
Lies Matter BS is exactly that. They claim to believe that cops are out to
execute blacks, but then they pull this kind of stunt, instead of just cooperating.

but that begs the question of whether the officer's behavior
during this encounter was typical of his behavior overall. If so, he should
have been fired long ago, or not hired as a cop at all.
The media only presents one very biased side of it, "black lieutenant pepper
sprayed during traffic stop". The reality is he was in a SUV with tinted windows,
no license plates.

He had a temporary plate taped to the inside of the rear window. That's a
very common thing, in my experience, so I assume it's legal, although IDK.

A tag that the cops could not see, because the SUV had tinted windows.
Did you watch the video? From the cop car camera you see no license plates,
no tag visible in the rear window.

The cop tried to pull him over, he kept going for a long ways,
I think it might have been a mile or more. He finally pulls over in a gas station,
he claims he kept going because he wanted to get to a well lit area. OK.

Continuing to an area where it's safe to pull over is proper and
encouraged.

Where it's safe to pull over typically does not require you to drive a mile.
Especially when you have no plates and a tag that's not readily visible.
Which brings us back to the non-cooperation, I have no idea why I'm being
pulled over crap.

The key is to proceed slowly and deliberately, without doing
anything to give the impression that you're trying to run. If the LT did
his part properly, and IDK if he did,

Yet here you are saying the cop was wrong and should be fired. Go figure.

and if the officer still had a
problem with it, then that would be a reason to discipline the officer.
So
the cop tells him to get out out the car over and over. He just keeps giving lip
back, eg I didn't do anything, why are you stopping me? After telling him to get
out or be pepper sprayed, after having the pepper spray out, after all that,
finally the cop pepper sprayed him. This WABC talk radio host is the first I've
heard say that the military and others should not be backing up this guy, that
regardless of whether he's in the military or not, he was a smug thug that day.

I've seen the video. He wasn't smug in the slightest. He was asking the
exact questions that friends of mine who are traffic attorneys have told me
I should ask if I get pulled over.

Do they also tell you to refuse police commands? To refuse to exit the vehicle
after repeated requests, when the final warnings to get out or be pepper sprayed
are given? I could have pulled this crap a few years ago when we got pulled
over. The cop asked for our IDs. I asked what's going on? The cop refused to
tell me. I complied, we gave him our IDs. I wound up 5 mins later with a ticket
for having no seat belt. See how that works?

What should have happened is the driver
should have asked why he was being detained, and the officer should have
replied with, "You're being detained because....", and give the actual
reason. Not, "Get out of the vehicle."

IMO the cop that stopped us should have answered my question too, but
they don't have to. Some aholes choose to respond to that by escalating
it into a major incident.

The officer was clearly in the
wrong, but they almost always get away with that behavior. Heck, most
people probably aren't even aware that the officer messed up. This time,
with the whole thing caught on video, the officer had nowhere to hide and
got shown the door. Good riddance, I'd say.

All cops should stage a national day off, we're they refuse to do their jobs
any more. See how you like that. Shoot a kid with a gun, 'cops shoot black
kid", should have tased him. Cops tase someone, that's wrong too, they
should have sprayed him. Spray a guy who's refusing to cooperate after
numerous attempts to reason with him, that's wrong too.

It's just incredible to me that on the one hand these Black Lies Matter bunch
claim cops are looking to gun down blacks and yet they continue to create
these stupid, highly toxic, dangerous situations that wind up with awful results
for themselves, the cops and all of us.

There should be a balance. You want citizens to act differently, and in
some cases they certainly should. I mostly want cops to act differently. I
want them to follow the laws that they're supposed to be enforcing, and I
want them to follow their training. Way too often, they do neither of those
things but thanks to video cameras, things will hopefully change for the
better.

And that's exactly what that cop did. He pepper sprayed a guy who was
refusing to cooperate, after numerous attempts and a final warning to get
out or be sprayed. Had the guy not been black, it would have been just another
day..

Without video, Chauvin would have gotten away with killing Floyd. Without
video, the cop who stopped the Army officer would still have his job. I
guess what we need is more video so we can weed out the cops who shouldn't
be cops.

Yeah, we'll see how that goes. Everyone I talk to says they would not want to be
a cop today. We've seen how the lib mentality is working with crime. Chicago,
Detroit, Baltimore, etc and now even NYC going the same way under the leadership
of ultra lib de Blasio, who undermines cops and the rule of law at every chance.
Which raises another interesting point. Why aren't the Black Lies Matter crowd
protesting in Chicago? There are dozens of shootings of blacks on a good weekend
there. Apparently those lives don't matter, because they don't involve whites and
there is no racial angle to whip up.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I wonder what message a cop would take away? Never, never
murder a man when he's unarmed, lying down and restrained just because
he's black.

If it happens, the US will be a better place.
Most police in the US are too stupid to figure that out, but I
admire your optimism.
[]'s

Thanks for editing my post, asshole.

I didn't alter a single word. I just snipped the racist trash.
HTH
[]'s

Are we past that 'race is a social construct' bull**** yet? The blacks
seem to think they're pretty special. You don't get it both ways.