DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Derek Chauvin- found guilty (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/686209-derek-chauvin-found-guilty.html)

Tekkie© April 20th 21 10:16 PM

Derek Chauvin- found guilty

Nuff said, move on.

--
Tekkie

[email protected] April 20th 21 10:44 PM

Derek Chauvin- found guilty

On Tue, 20 Apr 2021 17:16:12 -0400, Tekkie©
wrote:

Nuff said, move on.

I bet that won't happen. This is not a "move on" mob.

Dean Hoffman[_18_] April 20th 21 10:56 PM

Derek Chauvin- found guilty

wrote:

Nuff said, move on.

I bet that won't happen. This is not a "move on" mob.

Good grief. They took Jeopardy off to yap about the verdict.

Hal Bundy April 21st 21 12:28 AM

Derek Chauvin- found guilty

On 4/20/2021 5:16 PM, Tekkie� wrote:
Nuff said, move on.

This was a game changer.Â* I suspect most cops will be seeking other careers now.

Frank[_24_] April 21st 21 12:31 AM

Derek Chauvin- found guilty

wrote:

Nuff said, move on.

I bet that won't happen. This is not a "move on" mob.

Good grief. They took Jeopardy off to yap about the verdict.

Jeopardy started here but got bumped for a Biden speech.

My thought tonight is also a lot of potential rioters are disappointed
that Chauvin was found guilty on all counts and they won't have an
excuse to bring home that 70 inch TV they promised mom.

Ed Pawlowski[_3_] April 21st 21 01:58 AM

Derek Chauvin- found guilty

wrote:

Nuff said, move on.

I bet that won't happen. This is not a "move on" mob.

Â*Â*Â*Â* Good grief.Â*Â* They took Jeopardy off to yap about the verdict.

Jeopardy started here but got bumped for a Biden speech.

My thought tonight is also a lot of potential rioters are disappointed
that Chauvin was found guilty on all counts and they won't have an
excuse to bring home that 70 inch TV they promised mom.

I was surprised that they nailed him on all three. I don't understand
how one victim can garner three murder charges from one assailant. You
can only kill a person once.

Eight weeks to sentencing and I'm sure appeals to follow.

Rod Speed April 21st 21 02:16 AM

Derek Chauvin- found guilty

Hal Bundy wrote
Tekkie� wrote

Nuff said, move on.

This was a game changer. I suspect most cops will be seeking other
careers now.

Bet they dont. They may well follow the dept rules
about not using their knee on the perp's neck tho.

And not dragging the perp out of the cruiser to do that either.

micky April 21st 21 02:27 AM

Derek Chauvin- found guilty

wrote:

Nuff said, move on.

I bet that won't happen. This is not a "move on" mob.

**** Good grief.** They took Jeopardy off to yap about the verdict.

Jeopardy started here but got bumped for a Biden speech.

My thought tonight is also a lot of potential rioters are disappointed
that Chauvin was found guilty on all counts and they won't have an
excuse to bring home that 70 inch TV they promised mom.

I was surprised that they nailed him on all three. I don't understand
how one victim can garner three murder charges from one assailant. You
can only kill a person once.

I suspect it's so if a higher count is overturned, perhaps because as a
matter of law the evidence did not support it***, something that is not
clear until the prosecution has completed** its case, he's still been
convicted of the lower count(s).

**The defense always moves to dismiss the case after the prosecution
completes its case, and that is denied 99+% of the time (and that denial
can be appealed later), but if they fail to make such a motion then, at
the approprieat time, I think it hurts their case later. Hurts it
fatally even if it should have been granted.

***Or in really, really rare cases, some of the evidence was perjured,
etc. but those problems didn't affect the lower counts. Like a witness
lies and says she heard the killer say a day in advance, "I'm going to
kill that guy." So that seems to prove intent, even if it was really
just manslaughter. (FWIW, intent doesn't have to begin a day in
advance. IIUC 10 seconds is enough.)

There are times when a prosecutor doesn't even want to charge a lower
count, because if the jury has any doubts about the higher count, or has
compassion, even unwarranted compassion, they'll settle it by acquitting
on that one and convicting on the lower one, when if the lower one were
not available, they would most likely convict on the higher count.

Eight weeks to sentencing and I'm sure appeals to follow.

rbowman April 21st 21 04:28 AM

Derek Chauvin- found guilty

wrote:

Nuff said, move on.

I bet that won't happen. This is not a "move on" mob.

Good grief. They took Jeopardy off to yap about the verdict.

Jeopardy started here but got bumped for a Biden speech.

My thought tonight is also a lot of potential rioters are disappointed
that Chauvin was found guilty on all counts and they won't have an
excuse to bring home that 70 inch TV they promised mom.

Hey, it's riot season. Sooner rather than later a cop will cap another
good boy who was turning his worthless life around and they'll have
another hero.

Maybe that 13 year old dindu will be the next cause celebre.

rbowman April 21st 21 04:34 AM

Derek Chauvin- found guilty

wrote:

Nuff said, move on.

I bet that won't happen. This is not a "move on" mob.

Good grief. They took Jeopardy off to yap about the verdict.

Jeopardy started here but got bumped for a Biden speech.

My thought tonight is also a lot of potential rioters are disappointed
that Chauvin was found guilty on all counts and they won't have an
excuse to bring home that 70 inch TV they promised mom.

I was surprised that they nailed him on all three. I don't understand
how one victim can garner three murder charges from one assailant. You
can only kill a person once.

Eight weeks to sentencing and I'm sure appeals to follow.

The moron from California and the moron from Delaware guaranteed that.
Maybe if they move the venue to Mars...

If they hadn't found him guilty on all three Minneapolis would be
burning about now. Not that there was any pressure on the jurors...

I wonder what message a cop would take away? Never, never have an
interaction with a black person no matter what or shoot the *******
because they'll hang you anyway.

rbowman April 21st 21 04:37 AM

Derek Chauvin- found guilty

On 04/20/2021 05:28 PM, Hal Bundy wrote:
On 4/20/2021 5:16 PM, Tekkie� wrote:
Nuff said, move on.

This was a game changer. I suspect most cops will be seeking other
careers now.

I wonder how many resumes our PD will get? The pay might not be as good
but the stress is a lot less.

Ed Pawlowski[_3_] April 21st 21 04:44 AM

Derek Chauvin- found guilty

On 4/20/2021 11:37 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 04/20/2021 05:28 PM, Hal Bundy wrote:
On 4/20/2021 5:16 PM, Tekkie� wrote:
Nuff said, move on.

This was a game changer.Â* I suspect most cops will be seeking other
careers now.

I wonder how many resumes our PD will get? The pay might not be as good
but the stress is a lot less.

Most of the protesters think cops should be eliminated. Maybe one week
every cop in the country should get the Blue Flu and see how well we get
along without them.

AK[_3_] April 21st 21 05:45 AM

Derek Chauvin- found guilty

On Tuesday, April 20, 2021 at 8:16:50 PM UTC-5, Rod Speed wrote:
Hal Bundy wrote
Tekkie� wrote

Nuff said, move on.

This was a game changer. I suspect most cops will be seeking other
careers now.

Bet they dont. They may well follow the dept rules
about not using their knee on the perp's neck tho.

And not dragging the perp out of the cruiser to do that either.

I agree with you Ron.

Andy

AK[_3_] April 21st 21 05:48 AM

Derek Chauvin- found guilty

wrote:

[...]

With so much evidence coming from video, the odds of a successful appeal diminish quite rapidly.
Andy

micky April 21st 21 06:58 AM

Derek Chauvin- found guilty

In alt.home.repair, on Tue, 20 Apr 2021 23:44:33 -0400, Ed Pawlowski
wrote:

On 4/20/2021 11:37 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 04/20/2021 05:28 PM, Hal Bundy wrote:
On 4/20/2021 5:16 PM, Tekkie? wrote:
Nuff said, move on.

This was a game changer.* I suspect most cops will be seeking other
careers now.

I wonder how many resumes our PD will get? The pay might not be as good
but the stress is a lot less.

Most of the protesters think cops should be eliminated.

Some loud ones do. Most don't think that at all.

The press ampllifies the loud ones. "If it bleeds it leads" has a
corollary, "If it's outrageous and you can find even one person who says
it, it leads, and it also gets a whole episode of "60 Minutes"".

[email protected] April 21st 21 07:08 AM

Derek Chauvin- found guilty

wrote:

Nuff said, move on.

I bet that won't happen. This is not a "move on" mob.

Â*Â*Â*Â* Good grief.Â*Â* They took Jeopardy off to yap about the verdict.

Jeopardy started here but got bumped for a Biden speech.

My thought tonight is also a lot of potential rioters are disappointed
that Chauvin was found guilty on all counts and they won't have an
excuse to bring home that 70 inch TV they promised mom.

I was surprised that they nailed him on all three. I don't understand
how one victim can garner three murder charges from one assailant. You
can only kill a person once.

Eight weeks to sentencing and I'm sure appeals to follow.

The 3 verdicts gives an appeal court judge the latitude to toss 2 and
still leave a charge standing if they don't toss all 3. The last I
heard the appeal was going to be based on so much publicity and
inflammatory statements from politicians that he couldn't get a fair
trial.
By the time this winds it's way through the courts we will be on to
the next outrage and nobody will really be paying much attention to
what actually happens to Chauvin.

Peeler[_4_] April 21st 21 09:53 AM

lowbrowwoman, the Endlessly Driveling Senile Gossip

On Tue, 20 Apr 2021 21:34:05 -0600, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

The moron from California and the moron from Delaware guaranteed that.
Maybe if they move the venue to Mars...

If they hadn't found him guilty on all three Minneapolis would be
burning about now. Not that there was any pressure on the jurors...

I wonder what message a cop would take away? Never, never have an
interaction with a black person no matter what or shoot the *******
because they'll hang you anyway.

You ARE the coolest senile gossip out there, lowbrowwoman, you endlesslly
prattling senile bitch! LOL

Peeler[_4_] April 21st 21 09:59 AM

Lonely Obnoxious Cantankerous Auto-contradicting Senile Ozzie Troll Alert!

On Wed, 21 Apr 2021 11:16:39 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

This was a game changer. I suspect most cops will be seeking other
careers now.

Bet they don¢t.

Bet you just HAD to auto-contradict again, you absolutely ridiculous
pathological auto-contradicting senile ASSHOLE! LOL

--
Kerr-Mudd,John addressing the auto-contradicting senile cretin:
MID:

jimmy April 21st 21 11:59 AM

Derek Chauvin- found guilty

On 4/20/21 11:37 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 04/20/2021 05:28 PM, Hal Bundy wrote:
On 4/20/2021 5:16 PM, Tekkie� wrote:
Nuff said, move on.

This was a game changer.Â* I suspect most cops will be seeking other
careers now.

I wonder how many resumes our PD will get? The pay might not be as good but the stress is a lot less.

The democrats are putting cops in prison for doing their jobs. If I was a cop, I wouldn't even get out of the car.Â* I'd be doing all investigations via Zoom.

Dean Hoffman[_18_] April 21st 21 12:26 PM

Derek Chauvin- found guilty

wrote:

[...]

I guess Chauvin will be sentenced under the most serious charge. The other
two don't factor in. Minnesota law and I don't remember which article I saw that
in.

trader_4 April 21st 21 01:00 PM

Derek Chauvin- found guilty

wrote:

Nuff said, move on.

I bet that won't happen. This is not a "move on" mob.

Good grief. They took Jeopardy off to yap about the verdict.

Jeopardy started here but got bumped for a Biden speech.

My thought tonight is also a lot of potential rioters are disappointed
that Chauvin was found guilty on all counts and they won't have an
excuse to bring home that 70 inch TV they promised mom.

I was surprised that they nailed him on all three. I don't understand
how one victim can garner three murder charges from one assailant. You
can only kill a person once.

Eight weeks to sentencing and I'm sure appeals to follow.

Ed, that's exactly what I thought. I can't recall another case where the charges
ranged from manslaughter to murder and they convicted them of all three.
That must be something peculiar to Minnesota.

As to appeals, if there is still justice in America, he should be granted a new
trial. That trial never should have been held in Minneapolis, it was impossible
for him to get a fair trial there. The jury was under the gun, knew that if they
acquitted, the mobs would be burning down their city. Maxine Waters, always
the fool and despicable, added to it by calling for violence while the trial was
going on, if he was acquitted. Another thing that should not have been allowed
was all the tearful testimony of what a great guy that POS Floyd was. The
prosecution brought up one witness after another, portraying him as a kind,
loving, beautiful guy. That left the defense in a terrible position. What could
they do, go cross examine them and ask what about the fact that he held a
knife to a pregnant woman during a home invasion and all his other arrests?
If they did, then the jury could feel that the defense was attacking a dead man.
I'm not saying Chauvin was innocent, but there is no way that sham was a
fair trial and I hope he gets a new trial. All kinds of trials have been granted
changes of venue for far less poisonous environments than existed here.

trader_4 April 21st 21 01:06 PM

Derek Chauvin- found guilty

wrote:

[...]

The main message today is don't be a cop. No matter what you do, you're always
wrong. Shoot them, you're wrong, you should have used a taser. Tase them and
you're wrong, you should have de-escalated the situation. All the while the mob
praising some scum bucket perp, while refusing to put even part of the blame for
this awful events on the perp. That cop shooting of the black 13 year old in Chicago
is a good example. The 13 year old had a gun, was involved with gang bangers,
runs from the police, refuses commands to stop, so the cop chases him down a
street. Then he suddenly stops, throws the gun to the side, spins around and
throws his hands up in the air in a fraction of a second. The cop shot him, not
seeing and realizing he no longer had the gun. It's a tragedy, but it's not the cop
that's at fault. And instead of playing the whole video, the media mostly shows
the one frame of the guy facing the cop with his hands in the air.

Dean Hoffman[_18_] April 21st 21 01:44 PM

Derek Chauvin- found guilty

wrote:

Nuff said, move on.

I bet that won't happen. This is not a "move on" mob.

Good grief. They took Jeopardy off to yap about the verdict.

Jeopardy started here but got bumped for a Biden speech.

My thought tonight is also a lot of potential rioters are disappointed
that Chauvin was found guilty on all counts and they won't have an
excuse to bring home that 70 inch TV they promised mom.

I was flipping through the channels Wednesday morning. Even ESPN had commentators
talking about it. The Mysteries of the Abandoned show is a lot more interesting.

Ed Pawlowski[_3_] April 21st 21 02:28 PM

Derek Chauvin- found guilty

On 4/21/2021 8:00 AM, trader_4 wrote:
..

[...]

With all the publicity it would be difficult to try him anywhere and
Maxine would follow.

They did not name the jurors of course, but you can be sure they were
known to the locals. A non-guilty could have had their houses burned
down too.

Every big city seems to have a mural of Floyd now. They should also put
up a of his arrests with it to keep it in perspective. He is not a hero
or role model.

Ed Pawlowski[_3_] April 21st 21 02:37 PM

Derek Chauvin- found guilty

On 4/21/2021 8:06 AM, trader_4 wrote:

[...]

So after a chase, seeing a weapon, a fast turn in a poorly lit area the
cop should be able to make a decision and react in 1/10th of a second.

So easy to do that after in the comfort of your recliner watching the
video.

Some simple actions have proven to prevent 100% of these deaths. Obey
the law, don't run from the police, don't point weapons at anyone.

rbowman April 21st 21 02:42 PM

Derek Chauvin- found guilty

On 04/20/2021 09:44 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 4/20/2021 11:37 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 04/20/2021 05:28 PM, Hal Bundy wrote:
On 4/20/2021 5:16 PM, Tekkie� wrote:
Nuff said, move on.

This was a game changer. I suspect most cops will be seeking other
careers now.

I wonder how many resumes our PD will get? The pay might not be as
good but the stress is a lot less.

Most of the protesters think cops should be eliminated. Maybe one week
every cop in the country should get the Blue Flu and see how well we get
along without them.

The next riots will be in Columbus OH where a cop shot a 15 year old
girl who was trying her best to kill her BFF with a 6" butcher knife.
The cop should have stood down. One way or the other a good, church
going girl was going to the morgue.

Doesn't help that the week before they shot a dindu who managed to find
a weapon in the ER.

rbowman April 21st 21 02:43 PM

Derek Chauvin- found guilty

On 04/20/2021 11:58 PM, micky wrote:
The press ampllifies the loud ones. "If it bleeds it leads" has a
corollary, "If it's outrageous and you can find even one person who says
it, it leads, and it also gets a whole episode of "60 Minutes"".

That describes close to 6 years of anti-Trump propaganda.

rbowman April 21st 21 02:50 PM

Derek Chauvin- found guilty

On 04/21/2021 07:28 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
Every big city seems to have a mural of Floyd now. They should also put
up a of his arrests with it to keep it in perspective. He is not a hero
or role model.

Sure he is. Those Democratic assholes, who you helped to elect, have
already come up with the George Floyd Justice in Policing bill or some
other ****. Pelosi called the pope up to recommend him for sainthood.
Next year, July 4 will be George Floyd Day.

Pretty good for a hopped up felon. Hopefully all his kin take the money
left over after the lawyer grabs his 90% to buy fentanyl and OD.

Frank[_24_] April 21st 21 03:28 PM

Derek Chauvin- found guilty

On 4/21/2021 9:28 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 4/21/2021 8:00 AM, trader_4 wrote:
.

Ed, that's exactly what I thought.Â* I can't recall another case where
the charges
ranged from manslaughter to murder and they convicted them of all three.
That must be something peculiar to Minnesota.

As to appeals, if there is still justice in America, he should be
granted a new
trial.Â* That trial never should have been held in Minneapolis, it was
impossible
for him to get a fair trial there.Â*Â* The jury was under the gun, knew
that if they
acquitted, the mobs would be burning down their city.Â* Maxine Waters,
always
the fool and despicable, added to it by calling for violence while the
trial was
going on, if he was acquitted.Â*Â* Another thing that should not have
been allowed
was all the tearful testimony of what a great guy that POS Floyd was.
The
prosecution brought up one witness after another, portraying him as a
kind,
loving, beautiful guy.Â*Â*Â* That left the defense in a terrible
position.Â* What could
they do, go cross examine them and ask what about the fact that he held a
knife to a pregnant woman during a home invasion and all his other
arrests?
If they did, then the jury could feel that the defense was attacking a
dead man.
I'm not saying Chauvin was innocent, but there is no way that sham was a
fair trial and I hope he gets a new trial.Â*Â* All kinds of trials have
been granted
changes of venue for far less poisonous environments than existed here.

With all the publicity it would be difficult to try him anywhere and
Maxine would follow.

They did not name the jurors of course, but you can be sure they were
known to the locals.Â* A non-guilty could have had their houses burned
down too.

Every big city seems to have a mural of Floyd now.Â* They should also put
up a of his arrests with it to keep it in perspective.Â* He is not a hero
or role model.

Just thinking this am that George Floyd is probably the only one in the
US that died with covid in his system whose death was not blamed on covid.

Ralph Mowery[_3_] April 21st 21 03:41 PM

Derek Chauvin- found guilty

In article ,
says...

[...]

That is what I have been saying for many years. If I were a cop of any
color and was called to a situation, I would just say 'sir please get in
the back set of the car'. If he did, ok, if he did not, I would get in
the car and drive off.

While it is bad to have to shoot someone, they probably deserve it for
some reson or other. When a cop is called out to a situation, he often
only has a split second to determin if his or someone elses life is in
danger.

That job just does not pay enough for the dangers of it for me.

[email protected] April 21st 21 04:05 PM

Derek Chauvin- found guilty

When a cop is called out to a situation,
he often only has a split second to determine
if his or someone elses life is in danger.
That job just does not pay enough for the dangers of it for me.

I don't know what cops earn in your area - $ 110. grand
for writing traffic tickets in Ontario.

https://www.ontariosunshinelist.com/positions/pkhrx

Plus generous benefits & pension.
John T.

trader_4 April 21st 21 04:07 PM

Derek Chauvin- found guilty

On Wednesday, April 21, 2021 at 10:41:20 AM UTC-4, Ralph Mowery wrote:
In article ,
says...

[...]

I finally heard a talk show host address the incident in VA with the black army
lieutenant. Again, the cop has already been fired for pepper spraying him.
The media only presents one very biased side of it, "black lieutenant pepper
sprayed during traffic stop". The reality is he was in a SUV with tinted windows,
no license plates. The cop tried to pull him over, he kept going for a long ways,
I think it might have been a mile or more. He finally pulls over in a gas station,
he claims he kept going because he wanted to get to a well lit area. OK. So
the cop tells him to get out out the car over and over. He just keeps giving lip
back, eg I didn't do anything, why are you stopping me? After telling him to get
out or be pepper sprayed, after having the pepper spray out, after all that,
finally the cop pepper sprayed him. This WABC talk radio host is the first I've
heard say that the military and others should not be backing up this guy, that
regardless of whether he's in the military or not, he was a smug thug that day.
It's just incredible to me that on the one hand these Black Lies Matter bunch
claim cops are looking to gun down blacks and yet they continue to create
these stupid, highly toxic, dangerous situations that wind up with awful results
for themselves, the cops and all of us.

Peeler[_4_] April 21st 21 04:55 PM

Derek Chauvin- found guilty

On Wed, 21 Apr 2021 07:50:10 -0600, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

On 04/21/2021 07:28 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
Every big city seems to have a mural of Floyd now. They should also put
up a of his arrests with it to keep it in perspective. He is not a hero
or role model.

Sure he is. Those Democratic assholes, who you helped to elect, have
already come up with the George Floyd Justice in Policing bill or some
other ****. Pelosi called the pope up to recommend him for sainthood.
Next year, July 4 will be George Floyd Day.

Pretty good for a hopped up felon. Hopefully all his kin take the money
left over after the lawyer grabs his 90% to buy fentanyl and OD.

Post PROOF for your idiotic and inciting claims, especially the one about
"sainthood", you disgusting senile bull**** artist! Of course, you can't!

Ralph Mowery[_3_] April 21st 21 05:33 PM

Derek Chauvin- found guilty

In article ,
says...

I don't know what cops earn in your area - $ 110. grand
for writing traffic tickets in Ontario.

https://www.ontariosunshinelist.com/positions/pkhrx

Plus generous benefits & pension.
John T.

It is only about $ 35 to $ 70 thousand a year with the average of $ 50
thousand in the largest city in NC. Smaller cities they are lucky to
get from $ 20 to $ 25 an hour.

Many jobs in the area will pay close to that and not be near as
dangerous.

https://www.glassdoor.com/Salaries/c...fficer-salary-
SRCH_IL.0,9_IM162_KO10,24.htm

Scott Lurndal April 21st 21 05:41 PM

Derek Chauvin- found guilty

Ralph Mowery writes:
In article ,
says...

I don't know what cops earn in your area - $ 110. grand
for writing traffic tickets in Ontario.

https://www.ontariosunshinelist.com/positions/pkhrx

Plus generous benefits & pension.

Hm.. All 134 of those are in the "regional municipality of Halton". I dare
say that it is not representative of "patrol constables" generally in Canada.

Frank[_24_] April 21st 21 05:59 PM

Derek Chauvin- found guilty

On 4/21/2021 10:28 AM, Frank wrote:
[...]

Now we find that George Floyd deliberately sacrificed himself for the
cause of racial justice:

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/...-floyd-vpx.cnn

[email protected] April 21st 21 06:08 PM

Derek Chauvin- found guilty

On Wed, 21 Apr 2021 16:41:20 GMT, (Scott Lurndal)
wrote:

Ralph Mowery writes:
In article ,
says...

I don't know what cops earn in your area - $ 110. grand
for writing traffic tickets in Ontario.

https://www.ontariosunshinelist.com/positions/pkhrx

Plus generous benefits & pension.

Hm.. All 134 of those are in the "regional municipality of Halton". I dare
say that it is not representative of "patrol constables" generally in Canada.

OK ... how about the treacherous crime ridden city
of North Bay Ontario ... ? pop. 53000.

https://www.ontariosunshinelist.com/employers/ngbh

I suspect that many of North Bay's Finest might draw their
weapon about once a year .. if that.
John T.

Rapida Muerte April 21st 21 07:10 PM

Derek Chauvin- found guilty

On 4/21/21 12:59 PM, Frank wrote:
[...]

They did not name the jurors of course, but you can be sure they were known to the locals.Â* A non-guilty could have had their houses burned down too.

Every big city seems to have a mural of Floyd now.Â* They should also put up a of his arrests with it to keep it in perspective.Â* He is not a hero or role model.

Just thinking this am that George Floyd is probably the only one in the US that died with covid in his system whose death was not blamed on covid.

Now we find that George Floyd deliberately sacrificed himself for the cause of racial justice:

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/...-floyd-vpx.cnn

The government should open up a free all-you-can-eat fentanyl and meth buffet in every major city.

Scott Lurndal April 21st 21 07:39 PM

Derek Chauvin- found guilty

writes:
On Wed, 21 Apr 2021 16:41:20 GMT,
(Scott Lurndal)
wrote:

Ralph Mowery writes:
In article ,
says...

I don't know what cops earn in your area - $ 110. grand
for writing traffic tickets in Ontario.

https://www.ontariosunshinelist.com/positions/pkhrx

Plus generous benefits & pension.

Hm.. All 134 of those are in the "regional municipality of Halton". I dare
say that it is not representative of "patrol constables" generally in Canada.

OK ... how about the treacherous crime ridden city
of North Bay Ontario ... ? pop. 53000.

https://www.ontariosunshinelist.com/employers/ngbh

I suspect that many of North Bay's Finest might draw their
weapon about once a year .. if that.

Are you suggesting that salary should be based on how many
people someone shoots each year? Or the perceived amount of
danger they may be in while performing their duties?

I can't opine on the magnitude of the salaries (which are
in CAD). How do these compare with the average salary
for private sectors of the Canadian economy?

Tekkie© April 21st 21 09:08 PM

Derek Chauvin- found guilty

On Tue, 20 Apr 2021 20:58:00 -0400, Ed Pawlowski posted for all of us to
digest...

wrote:

Nuff said, move on.

I bet that won't happen. This is not a "move on" mob.

**** Good grief.** They took Jeopardy off to yap about the verdict.

Jeopardy started here but got bumped for a Biden speech.

My thought tonight is also a lot of potential rioters are disappointed
that Chauvin was found guilty on all counts and they won't have an
excuse to bring home that 70 inch TV they promised mom.

I was surprised that they nailed him on all three. I don't understand
how one victim can garner three murder charges from one assailant. You
can only kill a person once.

Eight weeks to sentencing and I'm sure appeals to follow.

Maxine made sure of that.

--
Tekkie