Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT: Lumber prices double, triple, cost of new house +25K

On 4/20/2021 8:01 AM, Scott Lurndal wrote:
trader_4 writes:
On Monday, April 19, 2021 at 6:13:53 PM UTC-4, Scott Lurndal wrote:
Ralph Mowery writes:

The fast food places that were mostly maned by teenagers when I was
growing up are now adult jobs. If the pay gets high enough they will be
mostly be replaced by robots.
Your spelling and grammar skills are on par with your logical thinking
skills. The USA is far different now than it was fifty years ago, including
a much larger population and a wider gap between the haves and the
have-nots. And all those republican businesses moving
their labor off-shore over the past four decades.

Right, no Democrat owned businesses would ever do that. Nor would any
Democrat go to Walmart to take advantage of all the low cost imports
that make up the majority of their business.

Personally, I don't believe I've ever walked through the door
of a Walmart.

Because there are all those security people chasing you?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 20 Apr 2021 09:47:42 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 4/20/2021 1:08 AM, wrote:

Agree that $15 is too high for some jobs but $7.25 is slave wages and
has not kept up with inflation.

It is not that far off if you look at the minimum wage in say 1964 and
put it into an inflation calculator.

You need balance. If you want to keep jobs in the USA you have to pay
enough for people to buy the products we make.

I am not sure the intent was for minimum wage people to buy that much.
If you are an adult and only capable of making minimum wage even down
here in a coolie wage state like Florida, you really need to reassess
your life.
My wife's club started landscape guys and kitchen help at $11 4 years
ago and they could be making $16 after they were there a while ...
with benefits.

Unfortunately some people were born with minimal ability to reassess
their lives. They still have to eat, buy clothing, and want to keep out
of the rain when they sleep. Hard to do when the minimum wage has been
7.25 for years.

The 1964 minimum wage was 1.15. That is equal to 9.86 today and you say
not far off?
https://www.bls.gov/data/inflation_calculator.htm

That is for "large retail and service enterprises as well as to local
transit, construction, and gasoline service station employees". (1961
amendment to the 1938 law) It would not apply to restaurant,
landscape or most other jobs. That was a buck.
Using this calculator
https://www.usinflationcalculator.com/
It is $8.54
The Florida minimum wage is $8.645 right now.

Your wife sounds reasonable. McD's is advertising $10, Amazon is $15 to
start. Good for them. If you can;t pay $10 you probably are an
incompetent business person.

That is the point, you really have to be a moron to be making minimum
wage when "do you want fries with that"? or "Paper or plastic" pays
$10-$11.

I suspect most people making that $7.xx are in the labor pool with the
rest of the renta drunks. They may not actually string 2 weeks
together in a row. Those folks have a horrible habit of not showing
up. That is why they get $7-$8

Maybe you never really worked around those folks but when we had the
store we hired them now and then. If they are really a down on their
luck person who is scraping by and want to work, someone will pull
them out of the labor pool and give them a real job. I don't know if
you have noticed but it is rare to see a trade van or a retail place
without a "help wanted" sign on it right now. The only reason we have
any unemployment at all now is you can make almost as much sitting on
the couch smoking dope as you can working because of the government
handouts. ($15+ an hour) If you can score a little cash on the side
you may not ever want a real job ... until the benefits run out.
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article , says...

Agree that $15 is too high for some jobs but $7.25 is slave wages and
has not kept up with inflation.

You need balance. If you want to keep jobs in the USA you have to pay
enough for people to buy the products we make.

There does need to be a ballance. It looks bad when a CEO makes 100
million a year and the workers are asked to work for $ 10 an hour.

Sometimes the pay has to come up for jobs to get people to work for
them. The sports players can ask and often get millions due to the
highest bidder. The common worker is not much in demand.

Around here at this time many are making more being unemployed than the
jobs pay. Many food places are having a hard time getting people to
work and have signs out saying help wanted. A friend works a job going
around inspecting food places to see if they meet the franchise company
standards. Good paying job for the work. However they are trying to
hire people. Many put in applications because the government says they
have to apply for jobs, but do not show up even if they are hired.

After I retired, about 6 months later I ws asked to come back for a rew
months for a special project. I asked for $ 2 an hour because they told
us that is what they were paying us counting the retirement and pension
and such even though we were only making $ 1 an hour. So I asked for $
2 an hour as I would not receive any benefits. They did not want to
pay, so I turned them down.
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
says...

I was always was kind of middle of the road when it comes to the min wage.
On the one hand, there is an argument for letting the market determine the
price. But I'm coming more to the side of not having a problem with raising
the min wage to $15. Like you say, in the early 70s the min wage was $1.60.
Adjust that for inflation and you'd be around $15 now. The other argument
for having a decent min wage is that we should be making working be a
rewarding experience, for people to feel adequately compensated, that it's
worth working instead of collecting public assistance. But Republicans don't
seem to recognize that angle, which is consistent with what Republicans
say they believe. Or used to believe anyway. Seems now they are just a cult
that don't really know what they believe, other than that Democrats and masks
are evil and not to get vaccinated.

Somehow it seems that instead of just one minimum wage, each state is
different. Some states or areas could get by with $ 10 and do ok, some
areas would need $ 20 or more just to get by.
Some areas of town are the same way. In Charlotte NC near where I live
there are houses that are all but fallen in that poor people have lived
in for many years. Now the taxes on them are very high and people are
being offered lots of money just so they can tare the houses down and
the high paid people can build and move in. The poor can not afford the
taxes on those houses.

I don't have a good solution to the problem. There are many low skill
jobs that need to be done. Such as garbage collection that really needs
to be done. Without that after a while a city would be unliveable.. Who
is to say that job should not be paid as much as a ball player ? We can
do without the ballplayers but not garbage collection.

What is really laughable to me is some jury pay. Some hardly get enough
to eat lunch on.

Posted to alt.home.repair

There does need to be a ballance. It looks bad when a CEO makes 100
million a year and the workers are asked to work for $ 10 an hour.

My retirement job was at a family-run company that tied limited
its executive salary scale to max. 10 X the workers pay.
Their annual profit-sharing was paid equally to all - regardless
of position or salary grade - ie : a 20 year forklift driver got
the same profit-sharing amount as a 20 year manager.
Even part-timers got profit sharing after 2 years based on their
years service and hours-per-year.
Here in Ontario, there is an annual "Sunshine List" released -
for government employees who earned $ 100. grand or more.
6 of the top ten ; and # 1 and # 2 are from Ontario Power
Generation ... just one of the splinters festering from our
once great Provincial Electrical Utility ...

https://www.ontariosunshinelist.com/positions/rhdkg

John T.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/20/2021 1:21 PM, Ralph Mowery wrote:

I don't have a good solution to the problem. There are many low skill
jobs that need to be done. Such as garbage collection that really needs
to be done. Without that after a while a city would be unliveable.. Who
is to say that job should not be paid as much as a ball player ? We can
do without the ballplayers but not garbage collection.

Correct, we need the unskilled. At least pay them enough to be able to
eat and have some sort of housing.

What is really laughable to me is some jury pay. Some hardly get enough
to eat lunch on.

Jury pay can be a money maker. When I served I was told just keep the
money because the paperwork to adjust was a PITA as I got my regular pay
for the week too.

As an employer, you are obliged to release any employee summoned for
jury service. ... Employers are required to pay employees for the first
ten days of jury service under the Fair Work Act 2009. However, this
does not apply to casual employees.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/20/2021 12:33 PM, wrote:

That is the point, you really have to be a moron to be making minimum
wage when "do you want fries with that"? or "Paper or plastic" pays
$10-$11.

There are some really slow minded people out there. Let 'em starve?

I suspect most people making that $7.xx are in the labor pool with the
rest of the renta drunks. They may not actually string 2 weeks
together in a row. Those folks have a horrible habit of not showing
up. That is why they get $7-$8

Maybe you never really worked around those folks but when we had the
store we hired them now and then. If they are really a down on their
luck person who is scraping by and want to work, someone will pull
them out of the labor pool and give them a real job.

Not very often, only 5 days a week for 45 years. In the right position
they could do a good job, usually a repetitive one that would drive you
and me crazy after a half hour.

I don't know if
you have noticed but it is rare to see a trade van or a retail place
without a "help wanted" sign on it right now. The only reason we have
any unemployment at all now is you can make almost as much sitting on
the couch smoking dope as you can working because of the government
handouts. ($15+ an hour) If you can score a little cash on the side
you may not ever want a real job ... until the benefits run out.

That is part of it. OTOH, it you are out of work due to the pandemic
from a 60k+ a year job you are not looking for the $10 variety.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message
On 4/20/2021 1:08 AM, wrote:

[...]

Depends on your living arrangements.

The 1964 minimum wage was 1.15. That is equal to 9.86 today and you say
not far off?
https://www.bls.gov/data/inflation_calculator.htm

That is a difference of $104 a week. Huge for a low wage earner.

Your wife sounds reasonable. McD's is advertising $10, Amazon is $15 to
start. Good for them. If you can;t pay $10 you probably are an
incompetent business person.

Much more likely that you are competing with much lower cost foreign labor.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/20/2021 1:08 AM, wrote:

Agree that $15 is too high for some jobs but $7.25 is slave wages and
has not kept up with inflation.

It is not that far off if you look at the minimum wage in say 1964 and
put it into an inflation calculator.

You need balance.Â* If you want to keep jobs in the USA you have to pay
enough for people to buy the products we make.

I am not sure the intent was for minimum wage people to buy that much.
If you are an adult and only capable of making minimum wage even down
here in a coolie wage state like Florida, you really need to reassess
your life.
My wife's club started landscape guys and kitchen help at $11 4 years
ago and they could be making $16 after they were there a while ...
with benefits.

Unfortunately some people were born with minimal ability to reassess
their lives.Â* They still have to eat, buy clothing, and want to keep
out of the rain when they sleep.Â* Hard to do when the minimum wage has
been 7.25 for years.

Depends on your living arrangements.

Sure, would you like to do it?

..

Your wife sounds reasonable.Â* McD's is advertising $10, Amazon is $15
to start.Â* Good for them.Â* If you can;t pay $10 you probably are an
incompetent business person.

Much more likely that you are competing with much lower cost foreign labor.

That is a BS excuse. It is how we are able to import things cheap but
we still have to pay people to move those good, sell them, transport
them, etc. Should we pay truck drivers, plumbers, electricians the same
wage as their China counterparts?

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message
On 4/20/2021 1:21 PM, Ralph Mowery wrote:

I don't have a good solution to the problem. There are many low skill
jobs that need to be done. Such as garbage collection that really needs
to be done. Without that after a while a city would be unliveable.. Who
is to say that job should not be paid as much as a ball player ? We can
do without the ballplayers but not garbage collection.

Correct, we need the unskilled. At least pay them enough to be able to
eat and have some sort of housing.

They already get that.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message
news

On 4/20/2021 1:08 AM, wrote:

[...]

Irrelevant to what makes sense for society to do.

Your wife sounds reasonable. McD's is advertising $10, Amazon is $15 to
start. Good for them. If you can;t pay $10 you probably are an
incompetent business person.

Much more likely that you are competing with much lower cost foreign
labor.

That is a BS excuse.

Nope, its always been reality.

It is how we are able to import things cheap but we still have to pay
people to move those good, sell them, transport them, etc. Should we pay
truck drivers, plumbers, electricians the same wage as their China
counterparts?

Irrelevant to your silly line about an incompetent business person.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 21 Apr 2021 04:11:43 +1000, %%, better known as cantankerous

FLUSH the useless trolling senile asshole's latest troll**** unread

--
Website (from 2007) dedicated to the 86-year-old trolling senile
cretin from Oz:
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default More Heavy Trolling by the Senile Octogenarian Nym-Shifting Ozzie Cretin!

On Wed, 21 Apr 2021 04:41:38 +1000, %%, better known as cantankerous

FLUSH the useless trolling senile asshole's troll**** unread

--
JimK addressing senile Rodent Speed:
"I really feel the quality of your trolling has dropped in the last few
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 21 Apr 2021 04:19:15 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH the useless trolling senile asshole's latest troll**** unread

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 21 Apr 2021 04:48:34 +1000, %%, better known as cantankerous

FLUSH the useless trolling senile pest's latest troll**** unread
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 20 Apr 2021 14:58:29 GMT, (Scott Lurndal)
wrote:

writes:
On Mon, 19 Apr 2021 23:32:13 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 4/19/2021 9:00 PM,
wrote:

The fast food places that were mostly maned by teenagers when I was
growing up are now adult jobs. If the pay gets high enough they will be
mostly be replaced by robots.

Your spelling and grammar skills are on par with your logical thinking
skills. The USA is far different now than it was fifty years ago, including
a much larger population and a wider gap between the haves and the
have-nots. And all those republican businesses moving
their labor off-shore over the past four decades.

You certainly will not help that situation by legislating an
artificially high wage to jobs that do not provide that level of
return for the business.
All you are doing is assuring that unskilled labor will be replaced by
more machines.

Agree that $15 is too high for some jobs but $7.25 is slave wages and
has not kept up with inflation.

It is not that far off if you look at the minimum wage in say 1964 and
put it into an inflation calculator.

Well, it's not 1964, and it hasn't been 1964 for a long damn time.

What, pray tell, was the minimum wage in 1964, and what percentage
of the labor force was being paid minimum wage?

You need balance. If you want to keep jobs in the USA you have to pay
enough for people to buy the products we make.

I am not sure the intent was for minimum wage people to buy that much.

WTF?

If you are an adult and only capable of making minimum wage even down
here in a coolie wage state like Florida, you really need to reassess
your life.

WTF?

You have to ask how incompetent does someone have to be to make
minimum wage?
McD pays $10 to start in coolie wage Florida and the grocery store
starts at $11 for baggers.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 20 Apr 2021 09:21:13 -0700, Bob F posted for all of us to digest...

Ralph Mowery writes:

The fast food places that were mostly maned by teenagers when I was
growing up are now adult jobs. If the pay gets high enough they will be
mostly be replaced by robots.
Your spelling and grammar skills are on par with your logical thinking
skills. The USA is far different now than it was fifty years ago, including
a much larger population and a wider gap between the haves and the
have-nots. And all those republican businesses moving
their labor off-shore over the past four decades.

Right, no Democrat owned businesses would ever do that. Nor would any
Democrat go to Walmart to take advantage of all the low cost imports
that make up the majority of their business.

Personally, I don't believe I've ever walked through the door
of a Walmart.

Because there are all those security people chasing you?

Another funny one!

--
Tekkie

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/20/2021 2:41 PM, %% wrote:

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message
On 4/20/2021 1:21 PM, Ralph Mowery wrote:

I don't have a good solution to the problem.Â* There are many low skill
jobs that need to be done.Â* Such as garbage collection that really needs
to be done.Â* Without that after a while a city would be unliveable.. Who
is to say that job should not be paid as much as a ball player ?Â* We can
do without the ballplayers but not garbage collection.

Correct, we need the unskilled.Â* At least pay them enough to be able
to eat and have some sort of housing.

They already get that.

Yes, a nice refrigerator carton under the bridge.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/20/2021 2:48 PM, %% wrote:

Unfortunately some people were born with minimal ability to reassess
their lives.Â* They still have to eat, buy clothing, and want to keep
out of the rain when they sleep.Â* Hard to do when the minimum wage
has been 7.25 for years.

Depends on your living arrangements.

Sure, would you like to do it?

Irrelevant to what makes sense for society to do.

Your wife sounds reasonable.Â* McD's is advertising $10, Amazon is
$15 to start.Â* Good for them.Â* If you can;t pay $10 you probably are
an incompetent business person.

Much more likely that you are competing with much lower cost foreign
labor.

That is a BS excuse.

Nope, its always been reality.

It is how we are able to import things cheap but we still have to pay
people to move those good, sell them, transport them, etc.Â* Should we
pay truck drivers, plumbers, electricians the same wage as their China
counterparts?

Irrelevant to your silly line about an incompetent business person.

So you are just a cheap prick that does not care about the welfare of
your workers. If you can't pay $10 or more you don't deserve to be in
business unless you to are making the lower wage.

Sorry to hear about your ethics toward working people.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/20/2021 2:48 PM, %% wrote:

[...]

Actually one with enough of a clue to realise that a job paying
the minimum wage is getter than no job at all when it is an
industry that can't compete with foreign labor otherwise.

If you can't pay $10 or more you don't deserve to be in business unless
you to are making the lower wage.

Mindlessly silly.

Sorry to hear about your ethics toward working people.

Not sorry to hear you are actually that stupid, that has always been
obvious.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/20/2021 2:41 PM, %% wrote:

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message
On 4/20/2021 1:21 PM, Ralph Mowery wrote:

I don't have a good solution to the problem. There are many low skill
jobs that need to be done. Such as garbage collection that really
needs
to be done. Without that after a while a city would be unliveable..
Who
is to say that job should not be paid as much as a ball player ? We
can
do without the ballplayers but not garbage collection.

Correct, we need the unskilled. At least pay them enough to be able to
eat and have some sort of housing.

They already get that.

Yes, a nice refrigerator carton under the bridge.

None of those on the minimum wage live like that.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 21 Apr 2021 06:53:40 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

"Ah, the voice of scum speaks."
MID:

Posted to alt.home.repair

Ralph Mowery writes:

The fast food places that were mostly maned by teenagers when I was
growing up are now adult jobs. If the pay gets high enough they will be
mostly be replaced by robots.
Your spelling and grammar skills are on par with your logical thinking
skills. The USA is far different now than it was fifty years ago, including
a much larger population and a wider gap between the haves and the
have-nots. And all those republican businesses moving
their labor off-shore over the past four decades.

Right, no Democrat owned businesses would ever do that. Nor would any
Democrat go to Walmart to take advantage of all the low cost imports
that make up the majority of their business.

Personally, I don't believe I've ever walked through the door
of a Walmart.

Because there are all those security people chasing you?

He is scared of Blacks and Latinos.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 20 Apr 2021 13:21:38 -0400, Ralph Mowery
wrote:

Somehow it seems that instead of just one minimum wage, each state is
different. Some states or areas could get by with $ 10 and do ok, some
areas would need $ 20 or more just to get by

That is really the right answer.You have people like Nancy and our guy
Scott living in California trying to tell us what the minimum wage
should be in Arkansas.
Even the federal government understands that and the GS pay scale is
different in different states. A person in San Francisco makes 41%
more than someone in Little Rock at the same pay grade. (Locality
adjustment)
https://www.federalpay.org/gs/locality
In that regard a $10 minimum wage would be $14.10 in Frisco.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 20 Apr 2021 14:08:49 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 4/20/2021 12:33 PM, wrote:

That is the point, you really have to be a moron to be making minimum
wage when "do you want fries with that"? or "Paper or plastic" pays
$10-$11.

There are some really slow minded people out there. Let 'em starve?

We act like there are not a half dozen other public assistance
programs for anyone even close to the poverty level.
Starving is not what is going to be happening. They may be living with
room mates and sharing expenses but I did that for years myself in
some pretty ****ty apartments.

I suspect most people making that $7.xx are in the labor pool with the
rest of the renta drunks. They may not actually string 2 weeks
together in a row. Those folks have a horrible habit of not showing
up. That is why they get $7-$8

Maybe you never really worked around those folks but when we had the
store we hired them now and then. If they are really a down on their
luck person who is scraping by and want to work, someone will pull
them out of the labor pool and give them a real job.

Not very often, only 5 days a week for 45 years. In the right position
they could do a good job, usually a repetitive one that would drive you
and me crazy after a half hour.

The area that is wide open down here is construction. When my wife was
building houses, a decent labor pool guy who was just down on his luck
usually got snapped up by a trade. She had one middle aged guy, laid
off from an office job working at ManPower who was an electrician in
about a year banging down as much as he did at the office. The
contractor snatched him up within 2 weeks of his starting.
Unfortunately that was fairly unusual from the labor pool but some of
them were grossly overpaid at minimum wage.

I don't know if
you have noticed but it is rare to see a trade van or a retail place
without a "help wanted" sign on it right now. The only reason we have
any unemployment at all now is you can make almost as much sitting on
the couch smoking dope as you can working because of the government
handouts. ($15+ an hour) If you can score a little cash on the side
you may not ever want a real job ... until the benefits run out.

That is part of it. OTOH, it you are out of work due to the pandemic
from a 60k+ a year job you are not looking for the $10 variety.

If you are laid off from a $60k job, you may have to move. Usually
that means that whole industry is gone from your area or going fast.
The computer business was like that in Ft Myers when I left IBM.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 20 Apr 2021 16:16:24 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 4/20/2021 2:41 PM, %% wrote:

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message
On 4/20/2021 1:21 PM, Ralph Mowery wrote:

I don't have a good solution to the problem.Â* There are many low skill
jobs that need to be done.Â* Such as garbage collection that really needs
to be done.Â* Without that after a while a city would be unliveable.. Who
is to say that job should not be paid as much as a ball player ?Â* We can
do without the ballplayers but not garbage collection.

Correct, we need the unskilled.Â* At least pay them enough to be able
to eat and have some sort of housing.

They already get that.

Yes, a nice refrigerator carton under the bridge.

They probably get a nicer rent subsidized apartment than a $20 an hour
guy can afford. There is a certain crossover point where sitting on
the couch results in a better standard of living than working. Getting
$600 a month unemployment exacerbated that.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/20/2021 4:53 PM, %% wrote:

Correct, we need the unskilled.Â* At least pay them enough to be able
to eat and have some sort of housing.

They already get that.

Yes, a nice refrigerator carton under the bridge.

None of those on the minimum wage live like that.

I've seen how some of those people live on low wages. They liked coming
to work for us at $13 an hour so they could do better. You don't have a
clue.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/20/2021 4:50 PM, %% wrote:

Not sorry to hear you are actually that stupid, that has always been
obvious.

That shows exactly who you are. Classy guy.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/20/2021 4:53 PM, %% wrote:

Correct, we need the unskilled. At least pay them enough to be able
to eat and have some sort of housing.

They already get that.

Yes, a nice refrigerator carton under the bridge.

None of those on the minimum wage live like that.

I've seen how some of those people live on low wages.

You never saw anyone on the minimum wage living
in a nice refrigerator carton under the bridge.

They liked coming to work for us at $13 an hour so they could do better.

Hardly surprising.

You don't have a clue.

You never could bull**** your way out of a wet paper bag.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/20/2021 4:50 PM, %% wrote:

Not sorry to hear you are actually that stupid, that has always been
obvious.

That shows exactly who you are. Classy guy.

You never could bull**** your way out of a wet paper bag, stupid guy.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 04/20/2021 12:08 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 4/20/2021 12:33 PM, wrote:

That is the point, you really have to be a moron to be making minimum
wage when "do you want fries with that"? or "Paper or plastic" pays
$10-$11.

There are some really slow minded people out there. Let 'em starve?

I've mentioned it before but by chance I found Vonnegut's first book in
the high school library and read it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Player_Piano_%28novel%29

Vonnegut had yet to achieve any sort of fame. The book may have been
there because it was the Ilium High School, so to speak. Vonnegut was
working at GE Schenectady so the setting was familiar.

It hit home because I knew my path was pointed toward the local
engineering school and unless I really screwed up I would be part of the
engineering and managerial caste.

That was the early '60s and there still were good paying blue collar
jobs at the mills and factories but they were going fast.

Bring on the Ghost Shirts.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 20 Apr 2021 23:26:24 -0400, Ralph Mowery
wrote:

In article ,
says...

Back to the price of lumber. Something is wrong when you can buy
baltic birch plywood for less than sheathing grade spf

I went to Lowes today for the first time in a long time to buy a few
boards. It surprised me at the prices of them. About $ 10 for a board
of 1 inch by 8 inches and 6 feet long. Forgot the price of some plywood
that I was not going to buy, but just wanted to look at the price.
Seemed way high from a few years back.

3 times what it was 12 to 14 months ago - minimum.

When is 25k hours not 25k hours? Roland Perry UK diy 50 February 15th 21 03:11 PM
Old double vs new triple glazing seani UK diy 5 March 14th 10 10:10 PM
Screwfix: Clipsal Converta Socket Double to Triple F UK diy 6 February 19th 05 12:45 AM
Sharp 25K-S100 Convergence Issue Tony Electronics Repair 5 December 28th 04 01:43 AM