Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Ideas for simple smartphone camera holder

I temporarily need a quick smartphone camera holder today and my first
thought is to grab a hand sized four by four to slice a kerf just deep
enough to hold the phone (with casing) but not too deep so as to interfere
with the lens.

I only have a chop saw to shape the wood but I do have lots of scrap wood
laying around to experiment with.

Have you ever made your own smartphone camera holder out of a block of wood?
What did you find works best (for quick results today)?

--
|_|O|_|
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 18 Apr 2021 20:17:14 -0000 (UTC), Dan Purgert wrote:

I temporarily need a quick smartphone camera holder today and my first
thought is to grab a hand sized four by four to slice a kerf just deep
enough to hold the phone (with casing) but not too deep so as to interfere
with the lens.

I only have a chop saw to shape the wood but I do have lots of scrap wood
laying around to experiment with.

Have you ever made your own smartphone camera holder out of a block of wood?
What did you find works best (for quick results today)?

There are a lot of examples on youtube, link below, some of which can be
cranked out in just a few minutes or so. I was going to go that route but
now our phone holders are expected to also be wireless chargers, so I ended
up just buying them. Prices have come way down in recent years.

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...ne+holder+wood