Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Smartphone with an integrated thermal camera...

Release date pending:

"...Ideal for builders, electricians, emergency services, utility
workers and so many more, the thermal camera can be used to almost
endless effect, saving time and money by detecting heat loss around
windows, spotting moisture and finding overheating appliances."

"...waterproof smartphone, able to handle depths of up to five metres
for one hour, turning it into a reliable underwater camera."

Cat S60 key features:

Thermal imaging camera, powered by FLIR
Strengthened Die Cast Frame
Drop proof to 1.8m, MIL Spec 810G
Super bright display (typical 540 nits), Gorilla Glass 4
4.7” HD capacitive multi-touch with auto wet finger & glove support
Optimised battery performance (3800mAh)
High quality audio experience (105dB)
Underwater 13MP main camera with dual flash, 5MP front-facing camera
4G LTE
Snapdragon 617 Octa-core processor
32GB ROM, 3GB RAM
Android Marshmallow

http://www.catphones.com/en-us/phones/s60-smartphone?alttemplate=landingpage

I want one :-)
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/18/2016 2:05 PM, Oren wrote:
[...]

For some reason that page isn't opening, but I've had the Flir One for
my iPhone for about a year now and I can do the same thing. I've used it
to detect temp differences in my home around those windows and doors.
It's a great device.

http://www.thegpsstore.com/FLIR-ONE-...FQ8vaQodm3gJcQ

---

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 18 Feb 2016 16:23:55 -0500, Meanie
wrote:

Not sure why the URL didn't work but here is the original article I
read. I did test the CAT link, first.

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2016/02/18/cat-adds-thermal-imaging-camera-to-rugged-s60-phone.html

For some reason that page isn't opening, but I've had the Flir One for
my iPhone for about a year now and I can do the same thing. I've used it
to detect temp differences in my home around those windows and doors.
It's a great device.

http://www.thegpsstore.com/FLIR-ONE-...FQ8vaQodm3gJcQ

Nice. URL saved in case I get an iPhone 6S. The Cat phone can be used
under water from my reading. Yet, your link is an add-on attachment
(another $250)

Thanks.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Not sure why the URL didn't work but here is the original article I
read. I did test the CAT link, first.

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2016/02/18/cat-adds-thermal-imaging-camera-to-rugged-s60-phone.html

For some reason that page isn't opening, but I've had the Flir One for
my iPhone for about a year now and I can do the same thing. I've used it
to detect temp differences in my home around those windows and doors.
It's a great device.

http://www.thegpsstore.com/FLIR-ONE-...FQ8vaQodm3gJcQ

Nice. URL saved in case I get an iPhone 6S. The Cat phone can be used
under water from my reading. Yet, your link is an add-on attachment
(another $250)

Thanks.

Yes, it's an add on which works with the Flir app, though, no under
water experiments should be attempted. There is also one for Android
base smartphones.

http://www.flir.com/flirone/content/?id=62910

http://www.flir.com/flirone/

http://www.flir.com/flirone/display/?id=69324

---

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, February 18, 2016 at 1:06:01 PM UTC-6, Oren wrote:
[...]

Perfect for hunting down escaped convicts. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Flirty Monster

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 19 Feb 2016 17:59:35 -0800 (PST), Uncle Monster
wrote:

http://www.catphones.com/en-us/phones/s60-smartphone?alttemplate=landingpage

I want one :-)

Perfect for hunting down escaped convicts. ^_^

I was thinkin' nekked girls. My convict huntin' days are over unless
they are on my lawn. YMMV
--
"You can not rehabilitate a person that has never been habilitated!"
-- Convict Guard 101