Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Does your car meet our standards

On Tue, 23 Mar 2021 09:31:50 -0400, Ralph Mowery
wrote:

In article ,
says...

Leaving a street-facing garage door open is an invitation for a democrat to steal your stuff.

I have to keep my garage door closed. If I do not, the birds will try
to build a nest inside or crap all over everything.

I see your birds are republicans??
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 23 Mar 2021 13:22:08 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

My wife and I relocate every 5-6 years or so, or about half as often as I

Been in this one since 1982. My second home purchase. I did a bit of
looking about 8? years ago but not real serious, and decided to stay.
Wifey wants a different house to clean but I'm not ready yet
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, March 23, 2021 at 6:25:34 PM UTC-4, Jim Joyce wrote:
On Tue, 23 Mar 2021 13:22:08 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

Ah, well. My garage isn't attached to the house. It doesn't much matter which
way it faces.

Back in the early 90's I briefly rented a house with a detached garage. I
knew it wouldn't be an ideal situation, so I wasn't surprised when I didn't
like it. You get spoiled quickly when you can go to the garage without
going outside.

We've owned three houses. The second one had an attached garage.
I kind of miss it, but I don't miss the stink of cars inside the house.
Not the whole house, but the room adjacent to the garage.

Why do you leave your garage door(s) open during daylight hours?

We're in and out far too often throughout the day to be opening and closing
the door each time, especially my wife. She usually spends her days
outside, planting flowers and doing other green yard work. For me, when I'm
not working at my real job I like to go out there and build something. I've
made most of our tables, chairs, rocking chairs, storage cabinets,
dressers, yard art, etc. Every time I put a wishing well or water wheel in
the front yard someone stops by, asking to buy it. I always sell so I can
make another, just for the fun of it and to try to tweak the design.

Ah. We might leave it open if we're working outside, but that's generally
only on the weekends (and only May-October), since I have a regular job.

The garage used to be the workshop, but in 2006 we built a 20x40
building for that purpose. One advantage to not having itchy feet
is that you can make things just the way you like them.

This year we plan to remodel the kitchen. My bay of the garage will
be turned over to materials storage and I'll park on the driveway.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/23/21 11:44 PM, Clare Snyder wrote:
On Tue, 23 Mar 2021 09:31:50 -0400, Ralph Mowery
wrote:

In article ,
lid says...

Leaving a street-facing garage door open is an invitation for a democrat to steal your stuff.

I have to keep my garage door closed. If I do not, the birds will try
to build a nest inside or crap all over everything.

I see your birds are republicans??

When it comes to crapping, few birds beat a Canadian Goose.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/23/2021 12:05 PM, wrote:
On Tue, 23 Mar 2021 08:50:03 -0400, Frank "frank wrote:

On 3/22/2021 9:01 PM,
wrote:
On Mon, 22 Mar 2021 17:19:52 -0400, micky
wrote:

In alt.home.repair, on Mon, 22 Mar 2021 06:14:57 -0400, Ralph Mowery
wrote:

In article ,
says...

The Montana Valley Apartments manager noted that the complex doesn?t
allow cars with rust, dents, flat tires, or bad paint to sit in front of
its complex. And while there?s certainly something to be said about
towing a car that?s been immobile for several weeks, tenants here are
arguing that the standards are entirely unfair because it doesn?t allow
them the time to get a repair?especially for people who are already
living paycheck to paycheck.

It is just the HOA mentality run amok.

If the people don't like the Apartment or HOA rules they should not be
in them. They can always move.

It's easy to move, isn't it? And doesn't cost any money.

For the two houses I have bought I always ask the real estate agent to
check to see if there are any rules or covents for the property other
than what the county has over all. Then put it in writing in the buying
contract.

I wonder what they call a 'dent'? Could it be a very small one such as
many cars have where some one parked next to them opens a door and puts
a small dent in it ?

Who knows? And if I understood the story, they only gave them a couple
days to fix their cars!

I think a court would throw out the whole rule, but normally for an
injunction you need a lawyer. I did it once myself and it took a lotttt
of time, and once it got started, I didn't know what to do for the next
step. I still forced new HOA elections, but it was not enough.

I believe the law in Maryland requires every group of houses, or condo
or co-op apartment built since 1970 or 80 to have an HOA. There was a
very good reason for the law but if one wants to avoid that he'd have to
living in a place more than 50 years old, or a home built individually.
Not too many of those around, and I think they are all very expensive.

I doubt the law requires an HOA but if you want the county to own your
roads the developer needs to cede over whatever property is required
for the right of way and build the roads up to the county standard
before they will take them. The only reasonable way to have private
roads is to have a legal entity such as an HOA to maintain them.
I bet the developers choose the HOA route. Most HOA property could
never come close to the county rules about rights of way and setbacks
and still be able to build as many houses as they want to build.
Condos and Co-ops are a different thing. Again, it is usually the
developer who wants it to be a condo. More money in it for them.
Otherwise they are just building rental apartments. You might have a
tougher time getting zoning for that.

I think that is correct. When we moved here there was an HOA set up to
maintain roads in our 20 home development. Roads did not meet state
standards with grade, no curbs or sidewalks or storm drains.

When I was president of the HOA I shepherded the take over of the roads
by the state by a quirk in the law. I figure I have saved residents
over $300 a year each. A friend is vp of his HOA and tells me of all
the problems they have to contend with which includes taking residents
to court for not paying fees.

Our biggest incentive to pay is the ramp. Without the boat ramp our
participation might be a dozen.
One of the reasons I bought here was the public roads. I know people
on private roads and how much they have to pay, just to keep them
passable.

Our HOA is only slightly active with only one or two neighbors taking
charge of contracting snow plowing in the winter. Part of that is
reimbursed by the state. This year we had a little more snow than usual
and it cost us $130 each. Last year was practically nothing. In my
friends development HOA dues are $450 a year.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Ah, well. My garage isn't attached to the house. It doesn't much matter which
way it faces.

Back in the early 90's I briefly rented a house with a detached garage. I
knew it wouldn't be an ideal situation, so I wasn't surprised when I didn't
like it. You get spoiled quickly when you can go to the garage without
going outside.

We've owned three houses. The second one had an attached garage.
I kind of miss it, but I don't miss the stink of cars inside the house.
Not the whole house, but the room adjacent to the garage.

I had a fire once in my garage. I was real happy it was detached.
Fortunately the physical damage was minimal but a lot of smoke
contamination.
There are a lot of fire code rules about attached garages that may not
have been followed in the past so be careful. One in particular that
gets abused sometimes in older houses is no sleeping rooms next to or
above a garage.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

We pay $225 a year but that is usually just the ones who want a ramp
key. There is no requirement that you pay if you don't want a key.
Most think that is a bargain for a private ramp, a third of a mile
from the end of the "no wake" zone and gulf access. 75-80% of our
residents have at least one boat.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 23 Mar 2021 15:00:43 -0400, Ed Pawlowski posted for all of us to
digest...

Buying a new house in Florida without an HOA is difficult unless you buy
a piece of land and build. I was not willing to do that.

I did, however, take the time to read the regulations. They were not
overly restrictive. Nor did I hear from anyone when I broke a couple of
rules the first week here.

I used PODS when we moved and they sat in my driveway a little longer
than the rules. Not a big deal but it is there to prevent someone from
putting on in front of the house for permanent storage.

You mean you weren't living in it? All the accouterments no water, sewer,
heating, AC, windows. What could go wrong? You could at least gone down to the
port and got one of those shipping containers!

--
Tekkie

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 23 Mar 2021 06:41:47 -0700 (PDT), posted for all
of us to digest...

On Tuesday, March 23, 2021 at 9:31:56 AM UTC-4, Ralph Mowery wrote:
In article ,
says...

Leaving a street-facing garage door open is an invitation for a democrat to steal your stuff.

I have to keep my garage door closed. If I do not, the birds will try
to build a nest inside or crap all over everything.

Heh. I came home one day, pulled my car into the garage, left the door
open (intending to come back a few minutes later), went into the house
to change out of my good clothes, and came back out. In the meantime,
a mallard female walked into the garage. When she noticed me, she
took flight, quacking like hell. I screamed. I don't know which one of us
was more startled by the other.

Cindy Hamilton

Ain't that ducky?

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 23 Mar 2021 17:25:29 -0500, Jim Joyce
wrote:

It seems to be becoming the norm to move every 7 years or so. I've had
multiple realtors tell me that. For us, we tend to get itchy around the 5
year mark and we're gone either that year or the next. The country is too
big to stay in one place for long.

Florida tax laws punish you for that. My real estate tax hikes are
capped at 3% a year as long as I live here based on an old appraisal.
If I move I start being taxed at 80% of the price of the house I buy.
You also lose a year of homestead exemption. Fortunately I like it
here. I am not sure where I would want to move too. If I hit the lotto
I might buy a summer house up by Bowman tho. I would just be out of
there before the first snow. My kids are in Northern Michigan and that
area doesn't grab me at all unless I was right on a fairly good sized
but not "great" lake and a lot of acreage.
I think I would be just as happy north of Tampa doing that. My buddy
lives there. (Odessa)
That is Keystone Lake 424 acres. Big enough to boat on.
http://gfretwell.com/ftp/Milts%20yard.jpg

I knew as soon as I opened it, that I'd regret it.

covet

mk5000

Mrs. Gert Hammond: I pickle things to preserve them. Like onions, cauliflower, peppers...

Sash: And men?

Mrs. Gert Hammond: That's not just any man, that's my husband!--Thundercrack!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 03/24/2021 03:02 PM, Tekkie� wrote:

On Tue, 23 Mar 2021 07:42:39 -0600, rbowman posted for all of us to digest...

On 03/23/2021 07:31 AM, Ralph Mowery wrote:
In article ,
lid says...

Leaving a street-facing garage door open is an invitation for a democrat to steal your stuff.

I have to keep my garage door closed. If I do not, the birds will try
to build a nest inside or crap all over everything.

We used to look forward to the swallows returning to the garage in the
spring.

You live in Capistrano?

No, the swallows were lost.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 03/24/2021 03:05 PM, Tekkie� wrote:

On Tue, 23 Mar 2021 10:47:34 -0400, Frank posted for all of us to digest...

On 3/23/2021 9:42 AM, rbowman wrote:
On 03/23/2021 07:31 AM, Ralph Mowery wrote:
In article ,
lid says...

Leaving a street-facing garage door open is an invitation for a
democrat to steal your stuff.

I have to keep my garage door closed. If I do not, the birds will try
to build a nest inside or crap all over everything.

We used to look forward to the swallows returning to the garage in the
spring.

I leave mine open and birds will nest and door is closed at night. Also
a couple of years ago when I went in attached garage several times a
squirrel was running out. Don't know what he was up to but I hear they
can wreck havoc with your car's wiring.

Mice are even more problematic. AMHIKT I park outside. The wire insulation is
soy based and mice love it.

You haven't dealt with porcupines. One ate the heater hose and front
brake line on my pickup. The night before I'd slept in one of the
leantos on the Long Trail and there was a porcupine snooping around. Had
I known what his cousin was up to I would have shot the *******.

When I finally got off the mountain, which is fun in a F150 with no
front brakes, I stopped in an auto parts place. The guy asked me why I
needed replacements on a 6 month old pickup and I told him a porcupine
ate them. He asked how I knew. I said I wasn't positive but the quills
and porcupine **** under the hood were strong circumstantial evidence.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Ah, well. My garage isn't attached to the house. It doesn't much matter which
way it faces.

Back in the early 90's I briefly rented a house with a detached garage. I
knew it wouldn't be an ideal situation, so I wasn't surprised when I didn't
like it. You get spoiled quickly when you can go to the garage without
going outside.

We've owned three houses. The second one had an attached garage.
I kind of miss it, but I don't miss the stink of cars inside the house.
Not the whole house, but the room adjacent to the garage.

It's way over a decade since we've parked an actual car in the garage, but
I do have a motorcycle in there and it doesn't stink. When we lived in
Germany back in the early 90's, we rented a floor of a house from a German
family who lived upstairs. It was a bit of a hard sell, but I got
permission to bring my motorcycle into the living room, where it stayed for
about 6 months while I worked on it. It helped immensely that I spoke
German.

The garage used to be the workshop, but in 2006 we built a 20x40
building for that purpose. One advantage to not having itchy feet
is that you can make things just the way you like them.

This year we plan to remodel the kitchen. My bay of the garage will
be turned over to materials storage and I'll park on the driveway.

We have a 16x16 storage shed in the back yard, but that's bulgingly full of
my wife's planting supplies. That shed clearly violates the HOA rules for
height, but they approved it so it's all good.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default lowbrowwoman, the Endlessly Driveling Senile Gossip

On Wed, 24 Mar 2021 20:25:51 -0600, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

You haven't dealt with porcupines. One ate the heater hose and front
brake line on my pickup. The night before I'd slept in

yet another lengthy senile bull**** story cut short

Don't you have someone in RL who would listen to your endless senile
reminiscences, lowbrowwoman?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 03/25/2021 04:35 AM, Rapida Muerte wrote:
On 3/25/21 12:59 AM, Clare Snyder wrote:
On Wed, 24 Mar 2021 06:34:45 -0400, Rapida Muerte
wrote:

On 3/23/21 11:44 PM, Clare Snyder wrote:
On Tue, 23 Mar 2021 09:31:50 -0400, Ralph Mowery
wrote:

In article ,
lid says...
Leaving a street-facing garage door open is an invitation for a
democrat to steal your stuff.

I have to keep my garage door closed. If I do not, the birds will try
to build a nest inside or crap all over everything.
I see your birds are republicans??

When it comes to crapping, few birds beat a Canadian Goose.

No such thing - it's a Canada goose. and there are more of them in
the USA than in Canada

They're Canadian and they're here illegally. Some demented democrat told
them to surge our border.

What's even worse is the appropriate osprey nests before the osprey get
back from their winter vacation.

https://mtstandard.com/news/local/os...a4bcf887a.html

I never figured out why the osprey don't kill the goose and eat her
eggs. They must be Republicans -- a lot of squawking about the problem
and no action.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On 3/23/21 11:44 PM, Clare Snyder wrote:
On Tue, 23 Mar 2021 09:31:50 -0400, Ralph Mowery
wrote:

In article ,
lid says...

Leaving a street-facing garage door open is an invitation for a
democrat to steal your stuff.

I have to keep my garage door closed. If I do not, the birds will try
to build a nest inside or crap all over everything.
I see your birds are republicans??

When it comes to crapping, few birds beat a Canadian Goose.

No such thing - it's a Canada goose. and there are more of them in
the USA than in Canada (although there are too many here now too - to
think they were put on the endangered list back in the sixties or
seventies and I remember a sighting of them to be something special.

I have seen the change in the USA. They have shortened the migrant
hunting season and added a local hunting season as these geese are pests
in many areas.

Back when I hunted migrant Canada geese there was a four bird daily
limit and you would be arrested if you shot a snow goose.

The Canada limit started to drop and snow geese became pests. Flocks
would invade the marsh and change the ecosystem. Hunters were allowed
to hunt snow geese with practically no bag limit.

https://www.mtpr.org/post/thousands-...e-berkeley-pit

Snow geese population control.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 25 Mar 2021 07:44:47 -0600, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

What's even worse is the appropriate osprey nests before the osprey get
back from their winter vacation.

Oh, ****! Now it's about the winter vacation of ospreys! BG
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 25 Mar 2021 07:48:10 -0600, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

https://www.mtpr.org/post/thousands-...e-berkeley-pit

Snow geese population control.

Oh, ****! Now it's about geese population control!

WE NEED SENILE POPULATION CONTROL!

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Ah, well. My garage isn't attached to the house. It doesn't much matter which
way it faces.
Back in the early 90's I briefly rented a house with a detached garage. I
knew it wouldn't be an ideal situation, so I wasn't surprised when I didn't
like it. You get spoiled quickly when you can go to the garage without
going outside.

We've owned three houses. The second one had an attached garage.
I kind of miss it, but I don't miss the stink of cars inside the house.
Not the whole house, but the room adjacent to the garage.

It's way over a decade since we've parked an actual car in the garage,

My husband is adamant about parking our cars in the garage. Even
when we stored his table saw and radial arm saw in the garage, everything
had to be pushed against the wall when the day's work was done so we
could pull the cars in. Sure, there were periods of time (especially when
we were building the workshop and the driveway was full of lumber) that
we keep the cars out, but as a rule the cars were always in the garage at night.

I conjecture it's been way over a decade since you lived anywhere that gets
appreciable snow. It's very nice to not have to scrape frost, snow, and ice
off the car in the morning before going to work.

We have a 16x16 storage shed in the back yard, but that's bulgingly full of
my wife's planting supplies. That shed clearly violates the HOA rules for
height, but they approved it so it's all good.

We have a 20x20 garage, a 20x40 workshop, a 16x16 storage shed, and
a lean-to on the back of the garage that used to be a chicken coop and now
is used for storage. No HOA. We can park our utility trailers out front of
the shop if we want to, although I generally prefer to park them behind it.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On 3/23/21 11:44 PM, Clare Snyder wrote:
On Tue, 23 Mar 2021 09:31:50 -0400, Ralph Mowery
wrote:

In article ,
lid says...

[...]

I never hunted them but a friend that did said the best thing to do with
them was take out the breasts, freeze them and use them for crab bait in
the spring. They tasted like crap if you were shooting those that came
out of the marsh. Apparently if they hit the fields for a few days they
taste OK. Those in the pit would taste like ****.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

We left Kansas City in January 2013, so just a bit over 8 years ago. We did
a double stint there because I liked my job, but prior to that we lived in
Omaha and Great Falls, MT, both of which get snow. I guess we just got used
to parking on the driveway. The biggest problem I had was after a freezing
rain incident in KC. The driver's side of my truck was fully covered by
about an inch of ice, so there was no way to get that door open, but the
passenger side was still accessible. I think it took a couple of days, but
eventually the driver door worked again.

We have a 16x16 storage shed in the back yard, but that's bulgingly full of
my wife's planting supplies. That shed clearly violates the HOA rules for
height, but they approved it so it's all good.

We have a 20x20 garage, a 20x40 workshop, a 16x16 storage shed, and
a lean-to on the back of the garage that used to be a chicken coop and now
is used for storage. No HOA. We can park our utility trailers out front of
the shop if we want to, although I generally prefer to park them behind it.

I'd have a lot of use for a utility trailer but I don't want to store it
between jobs. I make do with a pickup.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, March 23, 2021 at 5:25:34 PM UTC-5, Jim Joyce wrote:
On Tue, 23 Mar 2021 13:22:08 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

On Tuesday, March 23, 2021 at 3:30:27 PM UTC-4, Jim Joyce wrote:
On Tue, 23 Mar 2021 02:42:16 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

On Monday, March 22, 2021 at 9:16:46 PM UTC-4, Jim Joyce wrote:
On Mon, 22 Mar 2021 17:32:42 -0400, micky wrote:

I know of one n'hood, and it's probably not uncommon, where the garage
door cannot face the street. That's probably a good idea, because you
only have to do it once, when you build the house. And it does't take
much extra space to put one 90^ turn in the driveway.
My wife and I relocate every 5-6 years or so, or about half as often as I
moved during my 20-year military career. When we were looking at houses for
this latest move, we saw several houses where the garage door doesn't face
the street. We added that to our long list of instant disqualifications.

I think I'd like a garage door that doesn't face the street. As it is, if we wanted
to hire snow removal it would be difficult to find someplace to put the snow.
My DR Horton (builder) sales guy, as well as several realtors, all said
that homes with side-facing garages were quicker to sell, so I guess it's
something that people want.

It simply doesn't work for me at all. On those houses, they always seem to
put the garage door on a side of the house that has no windows, and since
we park on the driveway and leave our garage door(s) open during daylight
hours, it's not an acceptable situation for us.

[...]

you got what you allegedly wanted -- . Why go after the $$$? By that I mean, if you looking to make another to tweak the design, why not just make another without waiting for a sale, and or why not gift it to someone if there is a need for it to go

that is a nice hobby

i wish I was able to do something like that

mk5000

When Donald Trump was a high school student in Queens, he paid someone to take the SAT on his behalf, according to the presidents niece in a forthcoming tell-all memoir. The new disclosure is made by Mary L. Trump in Too Much and Never Enough: How My Family Created the Worlds Most Dangerous Man, an already best-selling book that will be published next week.--John a Byrne

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 24/3/21 12:41 am, wrote:
On Tuesday, March 23, 2021 at 9:31:56 AM UTC-4, Ralph Mowery wrote:
In article ,
says...

Leaving a street-facing garage door open is an invitation for a democrat to steal your stuff.

I have to keep my garage door closed. If I do not, the birds will try
to build a nest inside or crap all over everything.

Heh. I came home one day, pulled my car into the garage, left the door
open (intending to come back a few minutes later), went into the house
to change out of my good clothes, and came back out. In the meantime,
a mallard female walked into the garage. When she noticed me, she
took flight, quacking like hell. I screamed. I don't know which one of us
was more startled by the other.

Cindy Hamilton

Hmmm, my neighbour 2 doors up came home to a 10 foot python in the
garage. No, the snake wasn't startled by him.

--

Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On 3/23/21 11:44 PM, Clare Snyder wrote:
On Tue, 23 Mar 2021 09:31:50 -0400, Ralph Mowery
wrote:

In article ,
lid says...

[...]

They would be tender. The Berkeley Pit water is 2.5 pH, about the same
as your stomach acid. There is some additional flavoring, arsenic,
cadmium, lead compounds, and other good stuff.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 03/25/2021 06:42 PM, Xeno wrote:
On 24/3/21 12:41 am, wrote:
[...]

What you do is fire four 12 gauge rounds into a dark garage to see what
crawls out:

https://www.foxnews.com/us/montana-m...students-death

Kaarma got 2 years for playing Cowboy and Muslims and 68 years for being
an asshole that discharges his weapon without having eyes on the target.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 25 Mar 2021 15:15:16 -0500, Jim Joyce
wrote:

I'd have a lot of use for a utility trailer but I don't want to store it
between jobs. I make do with a pickup.

I put skids on my boat trailer and I use that for a utility trailer,
hauling stuff that won't fit in the Sport Trac. It is just a big thing
to be hauling around. (long tongue, 20' boat trailer)
If I do get around to rethinking the 3 vehicles in the driveway, a
smaller trailer might replace a truck. We might get down to one or 2
"pushers".
These days I am the only driver. I might even think about an electric
for "buzzing" around. (see what I did there) ;-)
I can take my wife's Lincoln on longer trips. It tows.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 24/3/21 12:41 am, wrote:
[...]

Hey Biden told him it was OK.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 24/3/21 12:41 am, wrote:
[...]

Nope, Joe never said that you should fire into the garage.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 26 Mar 2021 15:47:10 +1100, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

.. .

On 24/3/21 12:41 am, wrote:
[...]

He said you could blindly fire into your back yard. That is worse. In
the garage your shot is contained. In the yard you are spraying the
neighborhood.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
On Fri, 26 Mar 2021 15:47:10 +1100, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

. ..

On 24/3/21 12:41 am, wrote:
[...]

Not at the level you would hit anyone.

That is worse.

Wrong, as always.

In the garage your shot is contained. In the
yard you are spraying the neighborhood.

More mindless bull**** with a shotgun.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Everybody's different. I wouldn't want to drive a pickup every day.

And I can pull the smaller utility trailer around the yard with our lawn
tractor. Very handy for spring cleanup of branches, moving around a
load of soil, getting the patio furniture out of the shed in the spring and
putting it back in the fall, etc.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 25 Mar 2021 20:48:05 -0600, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

What you do is fire four 12 gauge rounds into a dark garage to see what
crawls out:

Right, senile bigmouth!
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

I don't mind driving my little ranger as a daily driver. A super
mega-cab F350 Dually or a Ram 2500 /3500 4 door 8 foot box "lorry" -
not so much. Today's pickups are generally about the size a 3 ton
stake truck was back in the sixties.