Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Dangerous bassinet?

This is from 2 years ago. It doesn't say what about them is dangerous.

Does anyone know?

Aren't some things that recalled still fully usable if the owner makes a
change or two? If so, it would help to know what the problem is.

The picture isn't good enough for me to guess what the problem is here.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money...ed/3588837002/

There's one for sale on my local NextDoor now, used but never used,
almost perfect. Should I screw up their sale by posting about the
recall?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, February 27, 2021 at 1:47:23 PM UTC-5, micky wrote:
This is from 2 years ago. It doesn't say what about them is dangerous.

Does anyone know?

Aren't some things that recalled still fully usable if the owner makes a
change or two? If so, it would help to know what the problem is.

The picture isn't good enough for me to guess what the problem is here.

Did you read the text?

"five infant fatalities have occurred in the Kids II Rocking Sleepers, after the infants rolled from their back to their stomach while unrestrained, or under other circumstances"

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 27 Feb 2021 13:47:17 -0500, micky
wrote:

This is from 2 years ago. It doesn't say what about them is dangerous.
Does anyone know?
Aren't some things that recalled still fully usable if the owner makes a
change or two? If so, it would help to know what the problem is.
The picture isn't good enough for me to guess what the problem is here.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/money...ed/3588837002/
There's one for sale on my local NextDoor now, used but never used,
almost perfect. Should I screw up their sale by posting about the
recall?

Micky .. Micky ..
It's a baby item with a pretty serious safety recall -
that you didn't bother to read and
you want us to advise you as to the merits
of warning prospective buyers ?
Really ? Just do it .
Buy it yourself and destroy it ? Do the right thing.

We're about to trash a perfectly good and safe -
and very lightly grandparent used -
expensive high end car seat -
... because of the date of manufacture ..
Thrift Stores won't take them.
John T.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Sat, 27 Feb 2021 11:39:24 -0800 (PST),
" wrote:

On Saturday, February 27, 2021 at 1:47:23 PM UTC-5, micky wrote:
This is from 2 years ago. It doesn't say what about them is dangerous.

Does anyone know?

Aren't some things that recalled still fully usable if the owner makes a
change or two? If so, it would help to know what the problem is.

The picture isn't good enough for me to guess what the problem is here.

Did you read the text?

I skimmed it. My bad.

"five infant fatalities have occurred in the Kids II Rocking Sleepers, after the infants rolled from their back to their stomach while unrestrained, or under other circumstances"

Can't babies normally roll over from back to side?

"At three or four months of age babies are able to roll over by
themselves; this means they could tip the bassinet over, so for safety
they must use an infant bed or toddler bed instead. "

Do some bassinets have straps to tie them down?

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to alt.home.repair

" wrote:

[...]

This is a DIY group. The universal fix for what ails things is duct tape.
Show 'em the safety recall and offer to throw in a roll of duct tape if they insist
on selling it.
The kid whose life you possibly save might be the one caring for you in old age.

Posted to alt.home.repair

" wrote:

[...]

More likely they will ship you off to a nursing home.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 28 Feb 2021 09:27:02 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Richard addressing senile Rodent Speed:
MID:

Posted to alt.home.repair

" wrote:

[...]

Either the state or the assets of the geriatric.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 28 Feb 2021 14:27:44 +1100, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

.. .

" wrote:

[...]

Yup that is how it works. Great if Mom is destitute but if there is
anything worth having, the government takes it. It is certainly a
trade off just to dump Mom.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
On Sun, 28 Feb 2021 14:27:44 +1100, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

. ..

" wrote:

[...]

And so they should. If you want to use a nursing
home at the end of your life, you should be paying
for that, not the state unless you are destitute.

It is certainly a trade off just to dump Mom.

And so it should be.

Posted to alt.home.repair

" wrote:

On Saturday, February 27, 2021 at 1:47:23 PM UTC-5, micky wrote:
This is from 2 years ago. It doesn't say what about them is dangerous.

Does anyone know?

Aren't some things that recalled still fully usable if the owner makes a
change or two? If so, it would help to know what the problem is.

The picture isn't good enough for me to guess what the problem is here.

Did you read the text?

I skimmed it. My bad.

"five infant fatalities have occurred in the Kids II Rocking Sleepers, after the infants rolled from their back to their stomach while unrestrained, or under other circumstances"

Can't babies normally roll over from back to side?

Yes. And they occasionally suffocate when they roll onto their front.

"At three or four months of age babies are able to roll over by
themselves; this means they could tip the bassinet over, so for safety
they must use an infant bed or toddler bed instead. "

Do some bassinets have straps to tie them down?

No idea. I did read that the safest position is on a surface with no more
than 10 degrees of slope.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/27/21 1:47 PM, micky wrote:
This is from 2 years ago. It doesn't say what about them is dangerous.

Does anyone know?

Aren't some things that recalled still fully usable if the owner makes a
change or two? If so, it would help to know what the problem is.

The picture isn't good enough for me to guess what the problem is here.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money...ed/3588837002/

There's one for sale on my local NextDoor now, used but never used,
almost perfect. Should I screw up their sale by posting about the
recall?

What would Karen do?

Most dangerous tool in shop Sweet Sawdust Woodworking 137 February 11th 15 05:44 PM
dangerous chimney? JK UK diy 7 June 19th 04 03:30 PM
Humor: Dangerous Cocobolo! Bob Davis Woodworking 26 April 3rd 04 02:11 AM
Fwd: Dangerous way of getting 220V from 110V outlets jim rozen Metalworking 43 October 30th 03 12:40 AM
Suggested safety material for the "Most dangerous tool in shop" Walter H. Klaus Woodworking 3 August 28th 03 01:23 PM