Posted to alt.home.repair

Default I wish I were at CPAC

A CPAC, "a golden statue of 'Donald Trump' and booing when attendees
asked to wear masks".
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, February 26, 2021 at 1:49:42 PM UTC-5, micky wrote:
A CPAC, "a golden statue of 'Donald Trump' and booing when attendees
asked to wear masks".

I googled for some pictures. My God, that thing is hideous. It's very
nearly as lifelike as Donald Trump himself.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 26 Feb 2021 10:56:40 -0800 (PST), "
wrote:

On Friday, February 26, 2021 at 1:49:42 PM UTC-5, micky wrote:
A CPAC, "a golden statue of 'Donald Trump' and booing when attendees
asked to wear masks".

I googled for some pictures. My God, that thing is hideous. It's very
nearly as lifelike as Donald Trump himself.

Cindy Hamilton

... haven't seen anythnig that ugly, since Lucy !

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/10/a...-birthday.html

John T.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On Friday, February 26, 2021 at 1:49:42 PM UTC-5, micky wrote:
A CPAC, "a golden statue of 'Donald Trump' and booing when attendees
asked to wear masks".

I googled for some pictures. My God, that thing is hideous. It's very
nearly as lifelike as Donald Trump himself.

https://www.marke****ch.com/story/th...ns-11614360507

He's wearing stars and stripes short pants. Is that a joke by the
"artist"?

And he's smiling. I've seen him on rare occasions he's not frowning,
but I've never seen him look like that.

And the article says he's wearing flip-flops! I hate flip-flops,
policy and shoes both.

This view makes it look worse, but I think in person, mabye from farther
away, it doesn't look quite this bad:
https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/26/polit...021/index.html

"The statue was on its way to the conference's exhibit hall, where it
found a home in a booth for a conservative nonprofit called Look Ahead
America.
Tommy Zegan, a California-based artist, created the Trump statue in
response to the multiple pieces of art mocking Trump."

"I can mock him better than you can." Hey, my imaginary quote was just
about right. The article continues:

""Two years ago, when I saw all those statues of naked Trump and Trump
on a toilet,
[I don't remember these. ???]
I said, 'You know what? I can do better,' " Zegan told CNN Friday as
attendees gathered around the statue to snap photos with it.

Zegan said the piece on display at CPAC is actually the fiberglass mold
of the real, stainless steel sculpture currently stored in a warehouse
in Tampa where it awaits a potentially high-profile showcase.
"It is museum-quality, and that's the one I'm eventually hoping to get
in the Trump library," Zegan said. "It is literally priceless.""

Potentially, museum-quality, priceless.

Have any of you been to the Mushroom Museum? There are all kinds of
museums. (it's in Kennett Square, PA.
https://kennettmushrooms.com/how-is-...-of-the-world/
How is Kennett Square the Mushroom Capital of the World?
"about 50% of America’s mushrooms come from the area around Kennett
Square."

Cindy Hamilton

.. haven't seen anythnig that ugly, since Lucy !

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/10/a...-birthday.html

John T.

Yeeh, this is Scary Lucy next to the new statue of Lucy.

https://news.artnet.com/art-world/sc...eplaced-596126

I know what she looked like and she did not look like Scary Lucy.

https://www.metv.com/stories/the-scu...away-his-tools
"In 2009, sculptor David Poulin caused an uproar after creating a bronze
sculpture of the comedy legend that barely looked like her at all.
Shortly thereafter, critics began calling the piece "Scary Lucy," with
many comparing it to a zombie.

A campaign to replace the statue commenced in 2012, and last summer a
well-publicized replacement was unveiled.

After all the commotion surrounding "Scary Lucy," Poulin says he's
finally giving up the craft.

"I am so tired of the whole Lucy thing," Poulin told The Buffalo News.
"I create 120 public works. I've been doing this for 27 years. People
like my work. I do one piece, admittedly it was not one of my best
works, and it just keeps coming up and coming up and coming up."

However, Poulin insists the negative press regarding his most famous
statue isn't the reason he's stepping away.

"I'm an older dad," the 56-year-old sculptor told The Buffalo News.
"Between putting a lot of energy into being a good teacher and wanting
to spend time raising my little boy, spend time with my wife, as I've
gotten older, I see things a little differently."

Poulin will donate his tools, estimated to be worth $15,000, to the
Buffalo Maritime Center in Buffalo, New York..... "

From another link:
"Poulin admitted that the sculpture was one of his most “unsettling
works” and offered to create a replacement. His offer, however, was
rejected."

Actually, it's much believable that he wants to spend time with his
little boy, than people with teenage kids or kids in their 30's whose
parents say this.

The scary one looks a little like a neighbor of mine, although the
neighbor looks much better and isn't scary.

""I'm just tired of it," Poulin said. "Let's look at some other issues….
We get a whole society that's all pumped up because of an image of Lucy.
That's just insane. That's how I've looked at the whole thing. It's just
craziness.""
If people didn't care about the image of Lucy, they never would have
hired s sculptor in the first place. You can't have it both ways.
Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Fri, 26 Feb 2021 10:56:40 -0800 (PST),
" wrote:

On Friday, February 26, 2021 at 1:49:42 PM UTC-5, micky wrote:
A CPAC, "a golden statue of 'Donald Trump' and booing when attendees
asked to wear masks".

I googled for some pictures. My God, that thing is hideous. It's very
nearly as lifelike as Donald Trump himself.

Cindy Hamilton

We don't need Qanon. We have CPAC

https://twitter.com/WilliamTurton/st...09969490567169

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, February 26, 2021 at 1:49:42 PM UTC-5, micky wrote:
A CPAC, "a golden statue of 'Donald Trump' and booing when attendees
asked to wear masks".

I googled for some pictures. My God, that thing is hideous. It's very
nearly as lifelike as Donald Trump himself.

Cindy Hamilton

I told you the Republicans have gone bat **** crazy and it's become just a cult.
I hear Tom Cancun Cruz was there giving them advice today, that must have been priceless
too.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/26/2021 4:39 PM, micky wrote:

I googled for some pictures. My God, that thing is hideous. It's very
nearly as lifelike as Donald Trump himself.

https://www.marke****ch.com/story/th...ns-11614360507

He's wearing stars and stripes short pants. Is that a joke by the
"artist"?

That is absolutely hideous! If they made a statue of me that looked
like that I'd refuse to appear there. Cartoons mocking him look better
than that.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, February 26, 2021 at 5:47:59 PM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 2/26/2021 4:39 PM, micky wrote:

I googled for some pictures. My God, that thing is hideous. It's very
nearly as lifelike as Donald Trump himself.

https://www.marke****ch.com/story/th...ns-11614360507

He's wearing stars and stripes short pants. Is that a joke by the
"artist"?

That is absolutely hideous! If they made a statue of me that looked
like that I'd refuse to appear there. Cartoons mocking him look better
than that.

It just keeps getting better. Guess where the statue was made? Mexico.
An American artist living in Mexico designed it and it was fabricated there.
Still trying to figure out if he did it for free, someone paid for it, etc.
It looks like something that would be used on Saturday Night Live with
Alec Baldwin. Another sad sign of how the GOP has descended into
an insane cult.