Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT Snow may dellay delivery

Right now there is snow in Texas and Oklahoma and they're saying that
this may delay things. Why not send the vaccine somewhere else and
catch up with Texas later?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, February 17, 2021 at 2:14:55 PM UTC-6, micky wrote:
Right now there is snow in Texas and Oklahoma and they're saying that
this may delay things. Why not send the vaccine somewhere else and
catch up with Texas later?

Maybe it's already at the vaccination sites. Maybe it's in a van somewhere
on the side of a road or at a truck stop.
Politics overrules common sense?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/17/2021 3:14 PM, micky wrote:
Right now there is snow in Texas and Oklahoma and they're saying that
this may delay things. Why not send the vaccine somewhere else and
catch up with Texas later?

The hangup is the hubs for UPS and FedEx. If Memphis or Louisville
airports close they are screwed.
Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Wed, 17 Feb 2021 12:47:04 -0800 (PST), Dean
Hoffman wrote:

On Wednesday, February 17, 2021 at 2:14:55 PM UTC-6, micky wrote:
Right now there is snow in Texas and Oklahoma and they're saying that
this may delay things. Why not send the vaccine somewhere else and
catch up with Texas later?

Maybe it's already at the vaccination sites.

That's a good answer.

Maybe it's in a van somewhere
on the side of a road or at a truck stop.

Unless the truck can't move, that's why we have cellphones.

Politics overrules common sense?

That's what I was thinking.

It would be nice if when they made statements like the one about delay,
if they explained why, and if they did, if the news didn't delete that
part.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/17/2021 2:47 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
On Wednesday, February 17, 2021 at 2:14:55 PM UTC-6, micky wrote:
Right now there is snow in Texas and Oklahoma and they're saying that
this may delay things. Why not send the vaccine somewhere else and
catch up with Texas later?

Maybe it's already at the vaccination sites. Maybe it's in a van somewhere
on the side of a road or at a truck stop.
Politics overrules common sense?

Remember when the post office's motto was "neither rain nor snow nor
dark of night etc" ? **** that **** , our last mail delivery was 9 days
ago on the 8th .

--
Snag
In 1775, the British demanded we give them our guns.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, February 17, 2021 at 3:14:55 PM UTC-5, micky wrote:
Right now there is snow in Texas and Oklahoma and they're saying that
this may delay things. Why not send the vaccine somewhere else and
catch up with Texas later?

Why not ask your boy, Uncle Joe? He's in charge.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 02/17/2021 01:47 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
On Wednesday, February 17, 2021 at 2:14:55 PM UTC-6, micky wrote:
Right now there is snow in Texas and Oklahoma and they're saying that
this may delay things. Why not send the vaccine somewhere else and
catch up with Texas later?

Maybe it's already at the vaccination sites. Maybe it's in a van somewhere
on the side of a road or at a truck stop.
Politics overrules common sense?

At least it's suitably cold...
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/17/2021 8:10 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 02/17/2021 01:47 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
On Wednesday, February 17, 2021 at 2:14:55 PM UTC-6, micky wrote:
Right now there is snow in Texas and Oklahoma and they're saying that
this may delay things. Why not send the vaccine somewhere else and
catch up with Texas later?

Â*Â* Maybe it's already at the vaccination sites.Â* Maybe it's in a van
somewhere
on the side of a road or at a truck stop.
Â*Â* Politics overrules common sense?

At least it's suitably cold...

No, it is not.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 17 Feb 2021 15:26:00 -0800 (PST), trader_4
wrote:

On Wednesday, February 17, 2021 at 3:14:55 PM UTC-5, micky wrote:
Right now there is snow in Texas and Oklahoma and they're saying that
this may delay things. Why not send the vaccine somewhere else and
catch up with Texas later?

Why not ask your boy, Uncle Joe? He's in charge.

Yeah, where is that military help he promised? They don't have to ship
this stuff Fed Ex. These are fairly small boxes. Let Joyce's Air Force
deliver them to the cities that are socked in and have the National
Guard take them the last mile in a Humvee.
After all this NATO bull****, don't tell me they haven't trained to
deliver supplies in the snow.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Hoffman wrote:

On Wednesday, February 17, 2021 at 2:14:55 PM UTC-6, micky wrote:
Right now there is snow in Texas and Oklahoma and they're saying that
this may delay things. Why not send the vaccine somewhere else and
catch up with Texas later?

Maybe it's already at the vaccination sites.

That's a good answer.
Maybe it's in a van somewhere
on the side of a road or at a truck stop.

Unless the truck can't move, that's why we have cellphones.

Politics overrules common sense?

That's what I was thinking.

It would be nice if when they made statements like the one about delay,
if they explained why, and if they did, if the news didn't delete that
part.

I guess when they came up with the statements they made the mistake of thinking
people had some common sense. What does Uncle Joe say?

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On Wednesday, February 17, 2021 at 3:14:55 PM UTC-5, micky wrote:
Right now there is snow in Texas and Oklahoma and they're saying that
this may delay things. Why not send the vaccine somewhere else and
catch up with Texas later?

Why not ask your boy, Uncle Joe? He's in charge.

Yeah, where is that military help he promised? They don't have to ship
this stuff Fed Ex. These are fairly small boxes. Let Joyce's Air Force
deliver them to the cities that are socked in and have the National
Guard take them the last mile in a Humvee.
After all this NATO bull****, don't tell me they haven't trained to
deliver supplies in the snow.

Just because you can does not mean you should. If commercial flights
are down it may be just as unsafe for military flights and to put the
entire system in place in a few hours is not easily done.

In the scheme of life a 48 hour delay is not really a big deal.

I am not the one complaining but you really shouldn't need that much
planning to fly a box from Massachusetts to Florida and I certainly
hope in the 21st century our military is not afraid of a little snow.
If so Europe is in trouble if the bolsheviks get frisky because they
love to fight in the snow. Ask the Germans or the French.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Amongst many other failings, you're clearly not an expert on logistics.

There was a long article in AW&ST recently about the logistics of
vaccine delivery. When it requires such unusually low storage and
transport temperatures, transportation becomes more difficult.

For example, almost half the cargo weight is for the dry-ice used
to preserve the vaccine. And because frozen CO2 sublimates, there
are issues with CO2 generation during transport which further
restrict the volume that can be transported in a single flight.

The estimate was something close to 8000 747 sized cargo flights to
fully distribute the vaccine in the USA, IIRC.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Just copied this from today's paper:

The COVID-19 vaccine event at Dover International Speedway will begin
Sunday, a day later than originally planned, due to inclement weather
elsewhere in the country and expected in the region this week.

The state said the weather is affecting travel for federal personnel who
will help run the vaccine site.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

It is not flying one box to Florida though it is flying many boxes to
many locations. Do we need a C5A to move one box? What is the cost and
time to activate the military for a one time thing to maybe save a day.

My $16 order from Amazon was delayed too but I'm getting by without
military intervention.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Dunno about cost but how much have we spent a half $billion keeping
the National Guard in DC for a "one day event" that was over before
they got there and now all of the protesters are home. The Guard is
still there, not doing anything. Wasting tax pater money is what the
government is good at.
I was just pointing out we are expending a lot of federal dollars
maintaining vaccination sites but there is no vaccine to use there.
Maybe we should be looking at a way to get around a little snow.
Too bad we don't have competent leaders to deal with it.
Oh wait, that was last year's excuse. Joe is on it.

OTOH I am not really that concerned that I haven't gotten my call for
my shot but other people are frantic. I was just addressing their
concern.
You folks are right. Calm the **** down, the snow will melt some day.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Hoffman wrote:

On Wednesday, February 17, 2021 at 2:14:55 PM UTC-6, micky wrote:
Right now there is snow in Texas and Oklahoma and they're saying that
this may delay things. Why not send the vaccine somewhere else and
catch up with Texas later?

Maybe it's already at the vaccination sites.

That's a good answer.

Maybe it's in a van somewhere
on the side of a road or at a truck stop.

Unless the truck can't move, that's why we have cellphones.

Politics overrules common sense?

That's what I was thinking.

It would be nice if when they made statements like the one about delay,
if they explained why, and if they did, if the news didn't delete that
part.

A later story, maybe from a different radio station, said that Tennessee
was frozen in. The big Fedex hub. They said Kentucky too. Ah, UPS has
its main hub in Louisville.