Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Should water remain in bottom of GE washing machine after it's done?

ello,
We just bought a new MAYTAG washing machine. After we ran it through a
full cycle (with no clothes), I opened the top lid and moved the
center agitator --and I heard the sloshing of water beneath the
stainless steel tub. Do all washing machines leave standing water in
the bottom beneath the tub??!! Shouldn't this drain out?
Thanks

--
For full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...it-203564-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

DNICE wrote

ello,

jello to you too,

We just bought a new MAYTAG washing machine. After we ran it through a
full cycle (with no clothes), I opened the top lid and moved the
center agitator --and I heard the sloshing of water beneath the
stainless steel tub. Do all washing machines leave standing water in
the bottom beneath the tub??!! Shouldn't this drain out?

Most dont have that much water in them when finished,
but there is a bit because the drain has to go uphill so it
doesnt siphon out when it needs to be full of water. That
last bit in the drain hose does run back when it stops after
emptying.