Old January 13th 21, 08:43 PM posted to alt.home.repair

Default Capitol Police Don't Look Good

On Tue, 12 Jan 2021 16:37:49 -0500, wrote:

On Tue, 12 Jan 2021 11:12:51 -0600, Jim Joyce
wrote:

On Mon, 11 Jan 2021 22:48:34 -0500,
wrote:

On Mon, 11 Jan 2021 22:25:33 -0500, Clare Snyder
wrote:

On Mon, 11 Jan 2021 19:15:10 -0800, Bob F wrote:

On 1/11/2021 7:06 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 01/11/2021 08:23 AM, wrote:
On Monday, January 11, 2021 at 9:59:20 AM UTC-5, rbowman wrote:
On 01/11/2021 06:33 AM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
On 1/7/21 5:21 AM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
We'll see how this shakes out in a few days. The woman
killed at the Capitol was unarmed and shot by Capitol Police
if this is right.
http://alturl.com/ukyk6

It sounds like the Capitol Police refused offers of outside help prior
to the rally.
https://nypost.com/2021/01/07/capitol-police-nixed-fbi-national-guard-help-before-siege/

Given the news buzz about the Proud Boys and other groups prior to the
rally either the leadership of the Capitol Police is completely inept or
something else is going on.

Really, they're just glorified rent-a-cops.* They're controlled by
both the House
and the Senate through four separate committees.* That's a cluster****
if I
ever saw one.

Cindy Hamilton

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...ob/ar-BB1cFbyB

Even juicier... Another article said 15 of the cops were being
investigated. I've seen the video but this adds even more credence to
the story that the cops opened the doors and took the protesters on a
guided tour.

Pelosi and crew might want to review the history of Indira Gandhi using
Sikh bodyguards and then attacking the Golden Temple.

Some reports say even the cop who died was an outspoken Trump supporter.

The one that killed himself?
The one beaten with the fire extinguisher

The one who had a stroke. That is not a typical reaction to a bump on
the head. That is a piece of plaque in an artery busting loose and
lodging somewhere in the brain that it stops a critical function.

I'm impressed. Add Medical Examiner to your long list of qualifications.
You must have been a big Quincy fan.

Maybe the stress of the protest brought it on but I bet when the
defense actually gets the medical records, this guy had a preexisting
condition.

https://www.webmd.com/stroke/guide/s...causes-risks#2

As I'm sure you know, due to your extensive medical training, extreme head
trauma frequently causes localized bleeding and edema, often resulting in a
blood clot. Stroke and death are not uncommon at that point.

See? We both watched TV in the 1970's.

I am still willing to wait to see what they find.

Now you're willing to wait? What changed your mind? Just above, you had
everything all sewn up and ready for "the defense". But now you're willing
to wait.

I am sure you have your mind made up already.

No, that was you. Still quoted above, in case you don't remember.

Old January 13th 21, 09:32 PM posted to alt.home.repair

On 01/11/2021 08:23 AM, wrote:
[...]

I just suggested what any first year law student would question. We
still need to wait for the answer.

In the mean time I am curious what the cop who shot Mrs Babbitt is
going to use for his defense. Can he demonstrate an imminent threat to
human life from an unarmed woman stuck in a window opening?

As I said, if this was a black woman, Ben Crump would have a protest
going on the Capitol steps as we speak.
Old January 13th 21, 11:23 PM posted to alt.home.repair

On 01/11/2021 08:23 AM, wrote:
[...]

No protests about it though. She does not have the influence of George
Floyd.

I cannot think of a single reason the cop should have shot her unless
she had something in her hand that could be construed as a weapon. Even
that will be a tough call. I imagine they are looking for more video.
Old January 14th 21, 12:37 AM posted to alt.home.repair

On 01/11/2021 08:23 AM, wrote:
[...]

Those violent insurrectionists were really close to breaking in, with
Representatives still just inside. The shot stopped them. It gave them
time to evacuate. I don't think the officer will have any problems about it.

Old January 14th 21, 02:07 PM posted to alt.home.repair

On 01/11/2021 08:23 AM, wrote:
[...]

Nice spin. Do you have any proof that is actually what happened?

The cops still have to show a threat of imminent bodily harm. That
must have really been a scary looking woman for him to pick her out of
the crowd to be the one who needed killing.

If you are saying we are changing the rules of engagement and the cops
are allowed to shoot anyone breaching a barrier, so be it but let's be
consistent. Maybe the violence in our cities this summer might have
been quelled if the cops shot a few of them early in the riot.

Old January 14th 21, 04:24 PM posted to alt.home.repair

On 01/11/2021 08:23 AM, wrote:
[...]

Its not that black and white in that situation.

That must have really been a scary looking woman for him to
pick her out of the crowd to be the one who needed killing.

If you are saying we are changing the rules of engagement

Its never been as black and white as you claim.

and the cops are allowed to shoot anyone breaching
a barrier, so be it but let's be consistent.

It isnt even possible in that sort of situation.

Maybe the violence in our cities this
summer might have been quelled if the
cops shot a few of them early in the riot.

Lets not forget the use of machine
guns in labor union strikes etc.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ludlow_Massacre
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Columbine_Mine_massacre
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...nited_St ates

And Kent State.

Old January 14th 21, 06:25 PM posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 15 Jan 2021 02:24:25 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

about senile Rot Speed:
MID:
Old January 14th 21, 07:38 PM posted to alt.home.repair

On 01/11/2021 08:23 AM, wrote:
[...]

Watched the video, and heard testimony for Representatives who were feet
away.

Old January 14th 21, 11:19 PM posted to alt.home.repair

On 01/11/2021 08:23 AM, wrote:
[...]

Yes, I saw that you said that. I can't reply to every stupid thing you say.
You wear me down with the sheer volume.

Old January 14th 21, 11:23 PM posted to alt.home.repair

On 01/11/2021 08:23 AM, wrote:
[...]

While you can't think of a reason to shoot her, I'm more interested in
reasons why a few dozen more weren't shot and hundreds taken into custody.
I guess the Capitol Police didn't want an all out fire fight, being out
manned and outgunned.