Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Capitol Police Don't Look Good

On Tue, 12 Jan 2021 16:37:49 -0500, wrote:

On Tue, 12 Jan 2021 11:12:51 -0600, Jim Joyce
wrote:

On Mon, 11 Jan 2021 22:48:34 -0500,
wrote:

On Mon, 11 Jan 2021 22:25:33 -0500, Clare Snyder
wrote:

On Mon, 11 Jan 2021 19:15:10 -0800, Bob F wrote:

On 1/11/2021 7:06 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 01/11/2021 08:23 AM, wrote:
On Monday, January 11, 2021 at 9:59:20 AM UTC-5, rbowman wrote:
On 01/11/2021 06:33 AM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
On 1/7/21 5:21 AM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
We'll see how this shakes out in a few days. The woman
killed at the Capitol was unarmed and shot by Capitol Police
if this is right.
http://alturl.com/ukyk6

It sounds like the Capitol Police refused offers of outside help prior
to the rally.
https://nypost.com/2021/01/07/capitol-police-nixed-fbi-national-guard-help-before-siege/

Given the news buzz about the Proud Boys and other groups prior to the
rally either the leadership of the Capitol Police is completely inept or
something else is going on.

Really, they're just glorified rent-a-cops.* They're controlled by
both the House
and the Senate through four separate committees.* That's a cluster****
if I
ever saw one.

Cindy Hamilton

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...ob/ar-BB1cFbyB

Even juicier... Another article said 15 of the cops were being
investigated. I've seen the video but this adds even more credence to
the story that the cops opened the doors and took the protesters on a
guided tour.

Pelosi and crew might want to review the history of Indira Gandhi using
Sikh bodyguards and then attacking the Golden Temple.

Some reports say even the cop who died was an outspoken Trump supporter.

The one that killed himself?
The one beaten with the fire extinguisher

The one who had a stroke. That is not a typical reaction to a bump on
the head. That is a piece of plaque in an artery busting loose and
lodging somewhere in the brain that it stops a critical function.

I'm impressed. Add Medical Examiner to your long list of qualifications.
You must have been a big Quincy fan.

Maybe the stress of the protest brought it on but I bet when the
defense actually gets the medical records, this guy had a preexisting
condition.

https://www.webmd.com/stroke/guide/s...causes-risks#2

As I'm sure you know, due to your extensive medical training, extreme head
trauma frequently causes localized bleeding and edema, often resulting in a
blood clot. Stroke and death are not uncommon at that point.

See? We both watched TV in the 1970's.

I am still willing to wait to see what they find.

Now you're willing to wait? What changed your mind? Just above, you had
everything all sewn up and ready for "the defense". But now you're willing
to wait.

I am sure you have your mind made up already.

No, that was you. Still quoted above, in case you don't remember.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 01/11/2021 08:23 AM, wrote:
[...]

I just suggested what any first year law student would question. We
still need to wait for the answer.

In the mean time I am curious what the cop who shot Mrs Babbitt is
going to use for his defense. Can he demonstrate an imminent threat to
human life from an unarmed woman stuck in a window opening?

As I said, if this was a black woman, Ben Crump would have a protest
going on the Capitol steps as we speak.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 01/11/2021 08:23 AM, wrote:
[...]

No protests about it though. She does not have the influence of George
Floyd.

I cannot think of a single reason the cop should have shot her unless
she had something in her hand that could be construed as a weapon. Even
that will be a tough call. I imagine they are looking for more video.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 01/11/2021 08:23 AM, wrote:
[...]

Those violent insurrectionists were really close to breaking in, with
Representatives still just inside. The shot stopped them. It gave them
time to evacuate. I don't think the officer will have any problems about it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 01/11/2021 08:23 AM, wrote:
[...]

Nice spin. Do you have any proof that is actually what happened?

The cops still have to show a threat of imminent bodily harm. That
must have really been a scary looking woman for him to pick her out of
the crowd to be the one who needed killing.

If you are saying we are changing the rules of engagement and the cops
are allowed to shoot anyone breaching a barrier, so be it but let's be
consistent. Maybe the violence in our cities this summer might have
been quelled if the cops shot a few of them early in the riot.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 01/11/2021 08:23 AM, wrote:
[...]

Its not that black and white in that situation.

That must have really been a scary looking woman for him to
pick her out of the crowd to be the one who needed killing.

If you are saying we are changing the rules of engagement

Its never been as black and white as you claim.

and the cops are allowed to shoot anyone breaching
a barrier, so be it but let's be consistent.

It isnt even possible in that sort of situation.

Maybe the violence in our cities this
summer might have been quelled if the
cops shot a few of them early in the riot.

Lets not forget the use of machine
guns in labor union strikes etc.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ludlow_Massacre
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Columbine_Mine_massacre
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...nited_St ates

And Kent State.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 15 Jan 2021 02:24:25 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

about senile Rot Speed:
MID:
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 01/11/2021 08:23 AM, wrote:
[...]

Watched the video, and heard testimony for Representatives who were feet
away.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 01/11/2021 08:23 AM, wrote:
[...]

Yes, I saw that you said that. I can't reply to every stupid thing you say.
You wear me down with the sheer volume.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 01/11/2021 08:23 AM, wrote:
[...]

While you can't think of a reason to shoot her, I'm more interested in
reasons why a few dozen more weren't shot and hundreds taken into custody.
I guess the Capitol Police didn't want an all out fire fight, being out
manned and outgunned.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 01/11/2021 08:23 AM, wrote:
[...]

So you think it OK to shoot protestors committing minor crimes like
trespassing?
OK by me but let's be consistent.
If the cops had shot a few in Portland and made mass arrests, that
mess would have been over in hours.

I do disagree about being outgunned tho. The cops have a lot more guns
than the handful picked up with weapons.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 01/11/2021 08:23 AM, wrote:
[...]

They were doing much more than just trespassing.

OK by me but let's be consistent.

Not feasible in that situation.

If the cops had shot a few in Portland and made mass
arrests, that mess would have been over in hours.

It wasnt in Kent State.

I do disagree about being outgunned tho. The cops have a
lot more guns than the handful picked up with weapons.

Irrelevant.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 01/11/2021 08:23 AM, wrote:
[...]

I thought we were talking about an insurrection, an armed attempted coup.
Have you seen any of the video? No, you haven't, because you proudly tell
us that you haven't watched the news in quite a long period of time. With
that in mind, I'm not sure why you feel it's important to share your
opinion.

OK by me but let's be consistent.
If the cops had shot a few in Portland and made mass arrests, that
mess would have been over in hours.

I do disagree about being outgunned tho. The cops have a lot more guns
than the handful picked up with weapons.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
[...]

Nope, just a riot that got completely out of
hand when they got into the building so easily.

an armed attempted coup.

Nope, just a riot that got completely out of
hand when they got into the building so easily.

Have you seen any of the video?

Yep.

No, you haven't, because you proudly tell us that
you haven't watched the news in quite a long period
of time. With that in mind, I'm not sure why you
feel it's important to share your opinion.

OK by me but let's be consistent.
If the cops had shot a few in Portland and made mass arrests, that
mess would have been over in hours.

I do disagree about being outgunned tho. The cops have a lot more guns
than the handful picked up with weapons.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 15 Jan 2021 12:45:17 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Bod addressing abnormal senile quarreller Rot:
"Do you practice arguing with yourself in an empty room?"
MID:

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 15 Jan 2021 19:14:06 +1100, Fred, better known as cantankerous

FLUSH the trolling senile pest's latest troll**** unread

--
about senile Rot Speed:
MID:
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
[...]

As more comes out, seems insurrection is likely. The guy with the bands
seemed intent to capture and possibly try and execute. Too soon for
conclusions
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message

wrote:
[...]

Thats bull****. Its just you lot getting hysterical.

There wont be a civil war either.

The guy with the bands seemed intent to capture

Yes but there is no way that would have happened.

and possibly try and execute.

Just another hysterical fantasy.

Too soon for conclusions

Nope, you watch.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 16 Jan 2021 03:38:35 +1100, Fred, better known as cantankerous

cretin's pathological trolling:
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 15 Jan 2021 12:45:17 +1100, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

.. .

On 01/11/2021 08:23 AM, wrote:
[...]

Not Ashli Babbitt. She was just climbing through a window. No weapons
and there is no indication she is the one who broke the window.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 01/11/2021 08:23 AM, wrote:
[...]

Compared to most "peaceful protests" this summer it looks pretty tame
to me.
Our news was recounting 6 times the Fla state government buildings
were breached by protestors in the last few decades. None were called
insurrection. It was just called a peaceful protest with a few bad
apples.
It is ironic they were protesting the death penalty for mass murderers
and you support the death penalty for trespassers. No trial, no
appeal, just shoot them.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 01/11/2021 08:23 AM, wrote:
[...]

She was trying to enter a room feet from Representatives inside it. The
one she caused the murderous mob to back off, allowing the Reps to be
evacuated. Law and order!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 01/11/2021 08:23 AM, wrote:
[...]

"Hang Mike Pence, Hang Mike Pence, Hang Mike Pence, Hang Mike Pence,
Hang Mike Pence, "

It is ironic they were protesting the death penalty for mass murderers
and you support the death penalty for trespassers. No trial, no
appeal, just shoot them.

"Hang Mike Pence, Hang Mike Pence, Hang Mike Pence, Hang Mike Pence,
Hang Mike Pence, "

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
On Fri, 15 Jan 2021 12:45:17 +1100, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

. ..

wrote:
[...]

Its what she was intending to do once inside that matters and the
cops inside telling them to stop trying to get in thru the window.

You are in fact free to shoot someone who keeps trying to enter your
house when you are stopping them from doing that in many US states.

No weapons and there is no indication she is the one who broke the window.

Irrelevant.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 16 Jan 2021 16:02:22 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH more the trolling senile cretin's latest troll**** unread

--
Richard addressing senile Rodent Speed:
MID:

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 01/11/2021 08:23 AM, wrote:
[...]

Nice tag line even if it is nowhere near being true.
BTW have you seen, the FBI is backing off of the story that there were
hit squads or kidnappers in the crowd. It was just bull**** made up by
the media.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 01/11/2021 08:23 AM, wrote:
[...]

Should everyone who said "hang Trump" or worse be taken seriously too?
You folks are either very gullible or just willing to sensationalize
every utterance from a whacko you hear.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 16 Jan 2021 16:02:22 +1100, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

.. .

wrote:
[...]

"Free to shoot" may have been true some time in the pass but these
days there are very few states where killing anyone is "free". You
might get away with it after a $20,000-$500,000 lawyer bill in most
but you still need to prove "imminent threat to human life" in most
and in DC one of the worst for making you prove that threat.

No weapons and there is no indication she is the one who broke the window.

Irrelevant.

Where was the imminent threat then?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/16/2021 7:52 PM, wrote:

[...]

Perhaps they should be. Looks like many thought they should be storming
the building to do more.

https://tinyurl.com/y5nzyn6o

A retired firefighter from Pennsylvania who has been charged with
throwing a fire extinguisher at police officers felt he was instructed
to go to the Capitol by the president, a tipster told the FBI, according
to court documents.

But others drew an even more direct link telling the FBI or news
organizations that they headed to the Capitol on what they believed were
direct orders from the president issued at a rally that day.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote
Rod Speed wrote
wrote
Rod Speed wrote
wrote
Jim Joyce wrote
Vladimir wrote
wrote
Jim Joyce wrote
wrote
Jim Joyce wrote
wrote
Clare Snyder wrote
Bob F wrote
rbowman wrote
wrote
rbowman wrote
Dean Hoffman wrote
[...]

Its still true today.

but these days there are very few states where killing anyone is "free".

BULL****.

You might get away with it after a $20,000-$500,000 lawyer bill in most

Bull****. One of those reality TV doco series had one
fella who was observing a couple of blacks breaking
into a neighbour's house which had no one home.
He called the cops and we could listen to the phone
call where the cop who was coming pleaded with him
to not shoot them. The shooter shot one of them
anyway, dead. The cop showed up just after he had
been killed and didn't even arrest the shooter, because
as he said shooting someone breaking into a house even
if that was a neighbours house with no one inside was
fine in that state. Forget the state now.

but you still need to prove "imminent threat to human life" in most

BULL****.

and in DC one of the worst for making you prove that threat.

That's bull**** with one of the important
state assets like the Capitol or the White
House or even a violent 'protest'

That fool that poked something at the cop
clearing the streets during a street march got
shot dead and the cop didn't even get charged.

No weapons and there is no indication
she is the one who broke the window.

Irrelevant.

Where was the imminent threat then?

There doesn't need to be one.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 16 Jan 2021 20:20:13 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 1/16/2021 7:52 PM, wrote:

[...]

About 1% of the group entered the Capitol. I am sure BLM says the same
thing about the people breaking into stores but the percentage is
probably higher if you include looting after the stores are breached.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 17 Jan 2021 13:03:26 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH the trolling senile pest's latest troll**** unread

--
Sqwertz to Rodent Speed:
asshole.