Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Decking over a tile / concrete slab

First time poster and not a builder. Just wondering if the below is possible:

I want to deck over our front porch (~1m x 4m). The porch is currently tiled over a concrete slab. I was thinking of laying joists over the top and then decking on top of that; however, I was wondering if you can lay joists down so they arent as tall? I understand that this will make the deck less stable in a normal circumstance, but will this be the same as the concrete slab is already there? If I have the joists standing upright then it will be too tall for our entry way.

Thoughts?

--
For full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...b-3086014-.htm