Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair

Default 22?? remotes for the same TV

I just bougbta little smart TV and I was looking to figure out what
those 4 little black machine screws that they gave me were for, and I
saw an entry in Amazon for remote controls for my model.

Fine, but there are 24 separate entries in the list, and the first 3 I
looked at had different "brand"s. How can there be between 3 and 24
manufacturers of the same remote control?

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=24lh4830+...f=nb_sb_noss_1

4 or moe are listed as Replacement, 1 or more as Replace, 3 as For, a
couple as Replaced, and 1 or more as Original.

I think they all look just line mine!! Except thie one, which doens't
actually mention my model number and is labeled Compatible with LG.
https://www.amazon.com/Original-LG-A...959335&sr=8-18
My button labeled Picture is labeled Netflix,and Sound is labeled Amazon
and 2 or 3 other smaller changes.

BTW, the listing for the TV itself is quite interesting.
https://www.amazon.com/LG-Electronic...463 38&sr=8-3

points to
https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-list...463 38&sr=8-3

Which has 3 for sale,

$172.99 Used - Like New
$299.99 New
$379.99 Used - Like New
Brand new

It originally sold on Amazon for $300 (based on a review of 3 small tvs,
that pointed all 3 to Amazon.)

So the first one is cheaper because it's used.
The second is the original price
And the 3rd 379 and can't decide if it's new or used!!!

But get this, Abt has the same thing, NEW, for $157
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 29 Oct 2020 04:24:46 -0400, micky
wrote:

[...]

So you found out there is a thriving industry in after market remote
controls and that Amazon is not the cheapest retailer around.
Is there a question in there?
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Yes, says he has a few screws loose. I always suspected that.
Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair

wrote:

I just bougbta little smart TV and I was looking to figure out what
those 4 little black machine screws that they gave me were for

As Peter Wieck mentioned, they're probably for mounting the feet. Or,
they might be M4 screws for mounting the VESA stand to the back of the
TV.

Looks like you bought an LG Electronics 24LH4830-PU without a remote
control. There should be something in the owners manual on how to
install the screws:

Support Page:
https://www.lg.com/us/support/product/lg-24LH4830-PU.AUS

Specs:
https://www.lg.com/us/support/products/documents/24LH4830-PU_Spec_Sheet.pdf

Owners Manual:
http://gscs-b2c.lge.com/downloadFile?fileId=9uaX47S54b4wEQSEd4w8w
(12.1 MB)

and I
saw an entry in Amazon for remote controls for my model.

There are plenty of different remotes available that will contol the
basic functions of your TV. However, the obscure functions found on
the factory remote are often missing or misplaced. Before buying a
"compatible" remote, find a photo of the original factory AKB75095330
remote that goes with your TV, and check if all the buttons and
features are present.
https://www.google.com/search?q=LG+24LH4830-PU+remote+control&tbm=isch
However, LG is unique in that their TV remotes tend to work on all
their similar model LG TV's. Some replacement remote control makers
add buttons for specfic features, like Netflix, but the other
functions are usually there. If they all seem to look the same, it
might be because they are all the same.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

No, there was never a question. This group is not limited to
questions.

Just an exclamation. I can see, 1, 2, 3, makers of replacement
remotes, but more than that they're just cutting into each other's
business. How many people need a replacement anyhow.

I needed extra remotes for my DVDR because rather than carry it around
the house, I wanted one for the bedroom, bathroom, office, kitchen, and
basement. Wherever tvs were that could control the DVDR. I settled for
one on each floor. But after 10 years, one broke, so I bought a
non-Philips but designed to have every function the original has.

Howecver it isn't of value to have a remote in any room except where the
tv is, so how many can one need?

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

One for you, one for your wife and one lost in the couch. That's 3
right there. ;-)

I seem to have accumulated a shoe box full of remotes over the years
other than the stock one, trying to find one that will run all my
stuff.
The best is a full learning one that you can assign any button to any
function. The one in the back room even runs the Mini Split AC.
Since I got rid of 2 Dish boxes, a DVD player and my Replay TV, I am
doing OK with the one that comes with my TiVo in the living room (it
runs the TV OK) and I have a wireless desk top for the PC under the
TV.
Between the main TiVo box and 2 Minis, I do have a half dozen TiVo
remotes tho.
We do have an RF remote in the bedroom that runs the living room TiVo
and there is an HDMI cable to the bedroom TV. When the kids are here,
I put that mini in their room. Having control of the living room TiVo
lets us run it for the bedroom TV. That was actually set up before I
bought the minis.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

My Logitech "Harmony" remote were easy to set up for all my devices, and
makes it really easy to change the mode of operation for different
sources and destinations.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Why should they care if they're cutting into each other's business?
In any kind of saturated market, that's the only way to get ahead.

How many people need a replacement anyhow.

You'd be surprised. My husband didn't like the remote that came with
our TV, so we bought an aftermarket unit. The one that came with
the TV is in a drawer somewhere.

In fact, we bought two different aftermarket remotes before he found
one he liked.

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

I have a couple of them too in that shoebox of remotes
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

My problem with most of them is there are to many buttons and the ones
on them are tiny. Most of the time you only use a few. That was why I
didn'y like the Harmony. Too many tiny little buttons. I suppose if
you keep your house lit up like Kmart it is OK but we keep it pretty
dark around here.
Chunghop has some nice ones, big buttons and everyone is programmable,
learning from the OEM remote, whatever it is. It even runs the mini
split AC out in the back room.
99% of what you do can be done with this one 11 button remote.
https://tinyurl.com/y6qpknoc

Run the TV, aux audio amp and AC.