Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair

Default 22?? remotes for the same TV

I just bougbta little smart TV and I was looking to figure out what
those 4 little black machine screws that they gave me were for, and I
saw an entry in Amazon for remote controls for my model.

Fine, but there are 24 separate entries in the list, and the first 3 I
looked at had different "brand"s. How can there be between 3 and 24
manufacturers of the same remote control?

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=24lh4830+...f=nb_sb_noss_1

4 or moe are listed as Replacement, 1 or more as Replace, 3 as For, a
couple as Replaced, and 1 or more as Original.

I think they all look just line mine!! Except thie one, which doens't
actually mention my model number and is labeled Compatible with LG.
https://www.amazon.com/Original-LG-A...959335&sr=8-18
My button labeled Picture is labeled Netflix,and Sound is labeled Amazon
and 2 or 3 other smaller changes.

BTW, the listing for the TV itself is quite interesting.
https://www.amazon.com/LG-Electronic...463 38&sr=8-3

points to
https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-list...463 38&sr=8-3

Which has 3 for sale,

$172.99 Used - Like New
$299.99 New
$379.99 Used - Like New
Brand new

It originally sold on Amazon for $300 (based on a review of 3 small tvs,
that pointed all 3 to Amazon.)

So the first one is cheaper because it's used.
The second is the original price
And the 3rd 379 and can't decide if it's new or used!!!

But get this, Abt has the same thing, NEW, for $157