Posted to alt.home.repair

Default actiive UV blocker.

I was looking for a good product to restore the clarity to my headlight
lenses, and the Sylvania 3-step kit said, "This UV Block Clear coat is a
specially formulated polymer coating with active and passive UV
blockers"

I understand passive UV blockers, but what are active. Do they run up
to the sun and keep it from sending out UV?

I can't copy the url because it's on the other computer.

Anyone happy with what they used for headlight lenses?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/23/2020 12:13 AM, micky wrote:
I was looking for a good product to restore the clarity to my headlight
lenses, and the Sylvania 3-step kit said, "This UV Block Clear coat is a
specially formulated polymer coating with active and passive UV
blockers"

I understand passive UV blockers, but what are active. Do they run up
to the sun and keep it from sending out UV?

I can't copy the url because it's on the other computer.

Anyone happy with what they used for headlight lenses?

Off hand, I might think the active blockers deflect UV and the passive
are antioxidants that prevent the damage.

Keeping cars in garage I have never had to polish a lens. In my mind a
good kit would be polish to restore surface, coating to protect against
UV and materials in the coating to add abrasion resistance.

Such materials exist and what surprises me are the expensive cars with
cheap dulled lenses.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/23/2020 05:41 AM, Frank wrote:
On 10/23/2020 12:13 AM, micky wrote:
I was looking for a good product to restore the clarity to my headlight
lenses, and the Sylvania 3-step kit said, "This UV Block Clear coat is a
specially formulated polymer coating with active and passive UV
blockers"

I understand passive UV blockers, but what are active. Do they run up
to the sun and keep it from sending out UV?

I can't copy the url because it's on the other computer.

Anyone happy with what they used for headlight lenses?

Off hand, I might think the active blockers deflect UV and the passive
are antioxidants that prevent the damage.

A minor quibble but I think you have it backwards:

https://www.brenntag.com/en-us/indus...-for-coatings/

Something like benzophenones that absorb UV seem to me to be the active
ones. Semantics...
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default lowbrowwoman, Birdbrain's eternal senile whore!

On Fri, 23 Oct 2020 08:12:12 -0600, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

Something like benzophenones that absorb UV seem to me to be the active
ones. Semantics...

You seem to me to be an active senile endlessly prattling blabbermouth,
lowbrowwoman! G
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/23/2020 10:12 AM, rbowman wrote:
On 10/23/2020 05:41 AM, Frank wrote:
On 10/23/2020 12:13 AM, micky wrote:
I was looking for a good product to restore the clarity to my headlight
lenses, and the Sylvania 3-step kit said, "This UV Block Clear coat is a
specially formulated polymer coating with active and passive UV
blockers"

I understand passive UV blockers, but what are active.Â* Do they run up
to the sun and keep it from sending out UV?

I can't copy the url because it's on the other computer.

Anyone happy with what they used for headlight lenses?

Off hand, I might think the active blockers deflect UV and the passive
are antioxidants that prevent the damage.

A minor quibble but I think you have it backwards:

https://www.brenntag.com/en-us/indus...-for-coatings/

Something like benzophenones that absorb UV seem to me to be the active
ones. Semantics...

You are correct. I should have said absorb.

Adhoc Air Brick Blocker WeeBob UK diy 17 February 14th 14 11:07 AM
Radio advert blocker Cursitor Doom UK diy 40 January 14th 14 08:07 PM
Created a tone for my call blocker - busy.wav Jim Thompson[_3_] Electronic Schematics 9 May 27th 11 01:08 AM
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALP! Spam blocker lost Charlie Self Woodworking 5 December 20th 10 12:16 PM
Fox Blocker - blocks FOX News Cliff Metalworking 2 March 30th 05 08:30 AM