Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Default Created a tone for my call blocker - busy.wav

Created using only RC's and CMOS inverters. Does it sound realistic
enough to blow off the 800-number types?

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

"Jim Thompson" wrote in
message ...
Created using only RC's and CMOS inverters. Does it sound realistic
enough to blow off the 800-number types?

A recording of one of your political rants would work much better.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Fri, 11 Mar 2011 21:35:56 -0000, "Ian Field"
wrote:

"Jim Thompson" wrote in
message ...
Created using only RC's and CMOS inverters. Does it sound realistic
enough to blow off the 800-number types?

A recording of one of your political rants would work much better.

As someone else pointed out, enraging 800-number callers might make
them call back.

A fast busy indicates a connection fault. Most call-centers types
will just continue to another call.

The no-longer-in-service tones could present issues with legitimate
callers, so I settled on the fast busy.

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

"Jim Thompson" wrote in
message ...

As someone else pointed out, enraging 800-number callers might make
them call back.

At dinner time, no less

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On 3/11/2011 3:40 PM, Oppie wrote:
"Jim Thompson" wrote
in message ...

As someone else pointed out, enraging 800-number callers might make
them call back.

At dinner time, no less

Last year I kept getting calls to my cell phone from a SCAM number
trying to sell Glucose Meter supplies.

I googled the number and found web sites lambasting the company.

So I answered the next call and told the young lady that their number
"was flagged by google as a scam number"

She said she did not know what google was, so I told her to tell her
boss what I had said.

I press her to put her boss on the line so I can tell him myself.

I ranted for at least 3 minutes before _she_ disconnected the call.

Did not get another call from them.

Some times ranting does help.

hamilton

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Default Created a tone for my call blocker - busy.wav - busy_basic_ramps.wav

On Fri, 11 Mar 2011 12:42:38 -0700, Jim Thompson
wrote:

Created using only RC's and CMOS inverters. Does it sound realistic
enough to blow off the 800-number types?

...Jim Thompson

New and improved, it dawned on me to sum the triangle waves using two
transistors (knocks down the harmonics)...

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

wrote:

Created using only RC's and CMOS inverters. Does it sound realistic
enough to blow off the 800-number types?

...Jim Thompson

New and improved, it dawned on me to sum the triangle waves using two
transistors (knocks down the harmonics)...

Was the first a standard 2 or 3 inverter astable? What does this one look
like?

zero, and remove the last word.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Default Created a tone for my call blocker - busy.wav - busy_basic_ramps.wav - Fast_Busy_SCH.pdf

wrote:

Created using only RC's and CMOS inverters. Does it sound realistic
enough to blow off the 800-number types?

...Jim Thompson

New and improved, it dawned on me to sum the triangle waves using two
transistors (knocks down the harmonics)...

Was the first a standard 2 or 3 inverter astable? What does this one look
like?

This one is THREE 555 Timers ;-)

(I have around 50 555's in my junk box :-)

More frequency stable than inverters, plus produces a nice triangle
wave that's closer to a pure sine... thus sounds like the real deal.

Schematic Attached.

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Attached Files
File Type: pdf Fast_Busy_SCH.pdf (53.7 KB, 47 views)
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Default Created a tone for my call blocker - Fast_Busy_SCH.pdf

wrote:

Created using only RC's and CMOS inverters. Does it sound realistic
enough to blow off the 800-number types?

...Jim Thompson

New and improved, it dawned on me to sum the triangle waves using two
transistors (knocks down the harmonics)...

Was the first a standard 2 or 3 inverter astable? What does this one look
like?

This one is THREE 555 Timers ;-)

(I have around 50 555's in my junk box :-)

More frequency stable than inverters, plus produces a nice triangle
wave that's closer to a pure sine... thus sounds like the real deal.

Schematic Attached.

...Jim Thompson

Schematic AND Simulation attached

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Attached Files
File Type: pdf Fast_Busy_SCH.pdf (320.3 KB, 31 views)
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

http://www.lucidscience.com/pro-spammer%20jammer-1.aspx

"Jim Thompson" wrote in
message ...
Created using only RC's and CMOS inverters. Does it sound realistic
enough to blow off the 800-number types?

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALP! Spam blocker lost Charlie Self Woodworking 5 December 20th 10 12:16 PM
Woodturning - Been Busy ! brian white Woodturning 0 March 18th 08 07:06 PM
Busy Bee David Merrill Woodworking 9 September 29th 06 05:25 PM
Busy Bee Lathe Mike Courteau Woodturning 1 August 28th 05 02:30 AM
Fox Blocker - blocks FOX News Cliff Metalworking 2 March 30th 05 08:30 AM