Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Busy Bee

Anyone know if Busy Bee online prices are $US or $CA and whether they accept
USA orders and ship to USA? http://busybeetools.ca/

David Merrill

Posted to rec.woodworking

David Merrill wrote:
Anyone know if Busy Bee online prices are $US or $CA and whether they accept
USA orders and ship to USA? http://busybeetools.ca/

Canadian prices.

Not sure if they ship to the US. The owner is related to the owner of
Grizzly, and I think they have some sort of no-compete agreement. This
sucks for us Canadians, because typically the Busy Bee tools are far
inferior to Grizzly.

Chris

Posted to rec.woodworking

David Merrill wrote:
Anyone know if Busy Bee online prices are $US or $CA and whether
they
accept USA orders and ship to USA? http://busybeetools.ca/

David Merrill

Did you try calling their 800 number? They also have an email address!

Tom J

Posted to rec.woodworking

Grizzly has said they won't ship to Canada, based on the above 'no compete'
clause, mentioned above, I would venture.

I would guess that the same would be same for the other way round.

Its unfortunate, because the Grizz bandsaw riser would fit my Rigid say
perfectly, at 1/3 the price HD wants for theirs.

Mike

"David Merrill" wrote in message
Anyone know if Busy Bee online prices are $US or $CA and whether they
accept
USA orders and ship to USA? http://busybeetools.ca/

David Merrill

Posted to rec.woodworking

So are you in Canada, and you're having trouble finding the parts you want?
Have you tried Busy Bee or House Of Tools? Both of them sell "clone" 14"
bandsaws. House of Tools (our local one, anyway) is very client-friendly
regarding exchanges/returns.

Clint

"Mike Mac" wrote in message
.. .
Grizzly has said they won't ship to Canada, based on the above 'no
compete' clause, mentioned above, I would venture.

I would guess that the same would be same for the other way round.

Its unfortunate, because the Grizz bandsaw riser would fit my Rigid say
perfectly, at 1/3 the price HD wants for theirs.

Mike

"David Merrill" wrote in message
Anyone know if Busy Bee online prices are $US or $CA and whether they
accept
USA orders and ship to USA? http://busybeetools.ca/

David Merrill

Posted to rec.woodworking

"David Merrill" wrote in message
Anyone know if Busy Bee online prices are $US or $CA and whether they
accept
USA orders and ship to USA? http://busybeetools.ca/

David Merrill

David, did you notice the 1-800 number at the top of their web site.
Regardless of what answer you get here, the answer you get from Busybeetools
is going to be the answer that counts.

Posted to rec.woodworking

yes.. I've checkout BusyBee.. nothing is close to compatible.. their saws
are also fairly low quality, IMHO.

I'll check out HouseOfTools, but I don't believe they are any stores
anywhere near me.. I'll hit their website next.

Thanks

"Clint" wrote in message
So are you in Canada, and you're having trouble finding the parts you
want? Have you tried Busy Bee or House Of Tools? Both of them sell
"clone" 14" bandsaws. House of Tools (our local one, anyway) is very
client-friendly regarding exchanges/returns.

Clint

"Mike Mac" wrote in message
.. .
Grizzly has said they won't ship to Canada, based on the above 'no
compete' clause, mentioned above, I would venture.

I would guess that the same would be same for the other way round.

Its unfortunate, because the Grizz bandsaw riser would fit my Rigid say
perfectly, at 1/3 the price HD wants for theirs.

Mike

"David Merrill" wrote in message
Anyone know if Busy Bee online prices are $US or $CA and whether they
accept
USA orders and ship to USA? http://busybeetools.ca/

David Merrill

Posted to rec.woodworking

Sorry to hear about your hassles. I got my Delta 14" saw from HD, and it
seems to me that the riser block for that saw wasn't too much of a
"bend-over" experience. Don't know if that one is compatible with yoru
Ridgid saw, though.

Can you get someone in the US to order the riser for you (and shipped to
them), and then have it forwarded to you?

Clint

. ..

"Clint" wrote in message
So are you in Canada, and you're having trouble finding the parts you
want? Have you tried Busy Bee or House Of Tools? Both of them sell
"clone" 14" bandsaws. House of Tools (our local one, anyway) is very
client-friendly regarding exchanges/returns.

Clint

.. .