Posted to alt.home.repair

Default 1.5 gal rubbermaid container woe

Ordered a pair of these a couple of weeks back:

shorturl.at/bvB01

Lid fit tightly on the one, but not the other so returned it last week.
New one arrived, same problem. Although tighter than the prior
container because it fits on three sides, on the remaining long side,
the fit isn't tight. I'm very disappointed. Is this the norm for these
(lid not airtight) or should I still return it and look elsewhere?
Perhaps they have to be full in order for the lid to be tight??
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/29/2020 2:35 PM, Bill Saunders wrote:
Ordered a pair of these a couple of weeks back:

shorturl.at/bvB01

Lid fit tightly on the one, but not the other so returned it last week.
New one arrived, same problem.Â* Although tighter than the prior
container because it fits on three sides, on the remaining long side,
the fit isn't tight.Â* I'm very disappointed.Â* Is this the norm for these
(lid not airtight) or should I still return it and look elsewhere?
Perhaps they have to be full in order for the lid to be tight??

Your link does not work.
Something sounds off. I have a bunch or Rubbermaid stuff and the lids
all fit well from small to large.

If they happen to have a bad batch of lids the next one may not fit
either. I'd try another source.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/29/20 3:31 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 8/29/2020 2:35 PM, Bill Saunders wrote:
Ordered a pair of these a couple of weeks back:

shorturl.at/bvB01

Lid fit tightly on the one, but not the other so returned it last
week. New one arrived, same problem.Â* Although tighter than the prior
container because it fits on three sides, on the remaining long side,
the fit isn't tight.Â* I'm very disappointed.Â* Is this the norm for
these (lid not airtight) or should I still return it and look
elsewhere? Perhaps they have to be full in order for the lid to be
tight??

Your link does not work.
Something sounds off. I have a bunch or Rubbermaid stuff and the lids
all fit well from small to large.

If they happen to have a bad batch of lids the next one may not fit
either.Â* I'd try another source.

Try this one:

https://tinyurl.com/yynt26qp

I used the Walmart links, but these are through Amazon and directly from
Rubbermaid!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/29/2020 3:44 PM, Bill Saunders wrote:
[...]

Seems odd as their stuff has always been good. I'd try either of these:
https://www.rubbermaid.com/contact-us
or
Rubbermaid/Customer service
1 (888) 895-2110

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/29/2020 1:35 PM, Bill Saunders wrote:
Ordered a pair of these a couple of weeks back:

shorturl.at/bvB01

Lid fit tightly on the one, but not the other so returned it last week.
New one arrived, same problem.Â* Although tighter than the prior
container because it fits on three sides, on the remaining long side,
the fit isn't tight.Â* I'm very disappointed.Â* Is this the norm for these
(lid not airtight) or should I still return it and look elsewhere?
Perhaps they have to be full in order for the lid to be tight??

For what it's worth, we've got a bunch of those and all fit quite
tightly...but, all are at least several years old so don't really have
much bearing on what current product might be like...but agree they
ought to be liquid-tight.