Old August 2nd 20, 12:17 PM posted to alt.home.repair

Default Remove particle board

On 8/1/20 11:01 PM, AK wrote:
I am looking for an easier way of removing this piece of particle board.

https://imgur.com/a/QzNlWUg

Do you have anything to use for a pry bar? Throw a 2x4 or
whatever under it for leverage. Maybe get as close to the edges as
possible to help loosen the nails or screws holding it down.

Old August 2nd 20, 12:46 PM posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, August 2, 2020 at 12:11:22 AM UTC-4, Bob F wrote:
On 8/1/2020 9:01 PM, AK wrote:
I am looking for an easier way of removing this piece of particle board.

https://imgur.com/a/QzNlWUg

Use your H.F. oscillating multi tool.

Seconded, although I don't think ours came from H.F.

Cindy Hamilton
Old August 2nd 20, 12:48 PM posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/1/2020 11:01 PM, AK wrote:
I am looking for an easier way of removing this piece of particle board.

https://imgur.com/a/QzNlWUg

Use a jigsaw (or circular saw) to saw thru it going to the corners .
Should be easy to pry out once it's cut . To replace the cabinet floor ,
screw a couple of strips of wood to the sides flush with the bottom of
the dado . Cut your piece 3/8" wider than the inside dimension , slide
the new floor into the dado on one side as you drop it in place then
when it's in place slide it over so you have both sides captured in the
dado . Couple of finish nails to keep it in place and caulk with a good
quality siliconized latex caulk to keep moisture from penetrating the
edges . Next time buy better quality cabinets , particle board sucks .
--
Snag
Old August 2nd 20, 02:12 PM posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/2/2020 1:20 AM, AK wrote:
On Saturday, August 1, 2020 at 11:11:22 PM UTC-5, Bob F wrote:
On 8/1/2020 9:01 PM, AK wrote:
I am looking for an easier way of removing this piece of particle board.

https://imgur.com/a/QzNlWUg

Use your H.F. oscillating multi tool.

I have no Harbor Freight multi tool.

Andy

Cheap and worth having:

https://www.harborfreight.com/oscillating-multi-tool-62866.html?cid=paid_google|*PLA+-+All+Products|All+Products|62866&utm_source=google &utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=*PLA+-+All+Products&utm_content=All+Products&gclid=EAIaI QobChMI0dP_9Mv86gIVoP_jBx089QEAEAQYASABEgLvg_D_BwE

Little saw attachment would do the job.
Old August 2nd 20, 02:35 PM posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/2/2020 12:01 AM, AK wrote:
I am looking for an easier way of removing this piece of particle board.

https://imgur.com/a/QzNlWUg

I'd try a pry bar under one edge and work back. Once you get it started
with leverage you may be able to lift and pull the nail with it.

Old August 2nd 20, 04:50 PM posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 2 Aug 2020 09:35:55 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 8/2/2020 12:01 AM, AK wrote:
I am looking for an easier way of removing this piece of particle board.

https://imgur.com/a/QzNlWUg

I'd try a pry bar under one edge and work back. Once you get it started
with leverage you may be able to lift and pull the nail with it.

There is no exposed edge and it is not nailed down. It is slif into a
slot on each side like a drawer Likely a couple staples holding it
from sliding out - possibly a spot or 2 of glue, but more likely just
stuck due to expansion from getting wet. either cut to the corners or
bash out a "ditch" to the corners with a hammer, then get a 3/8 or 1/2
inch slot screwdriver behind the platform in the slopt oneach side and
force the side pieces loose. When the 2 sides are out pull the back
section out. About 10 minutes work with the handy Estwing ripping
hammer or 15 with saber saw or recip/multitask (and that's taping your
time - I'd likely have it out in less than 5)
Old August 2nd 20, 05:58 PM posted to alt.home.repair

On 08/01/2020 11:21 PM, AK wrote:
On Saturday, August 1, 2020 at 11:57:17 PM UTC-5, Rod Speed wrote:
"AK" wrote in message
I am looking for an easier way of removing this piece of particle board.

https://imgur.com/a/QzNlWUg

Its not clear how the edges are done but you likely an
use a car bottle or trolley jack to jack it off vertically now.

What is a car bottle?

What is a trolley jack?

Andy

https://www.harborfreight.com/2-ton-...ack-64874.html
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Big-Red-...0203/100594344

'car' is sort of an adjective modifying both clauses: car bottle jack,
car trolley jack.

A farm jack might be better.

https://www.harborfreight.com/42-inc...jack-6530.html

Old August 2nd 20, 07:23 PM posted to alt.home.repair

Default lowbrowwoman, Birdbrain's eternal senile whore!

On Sun, 2 Aug 2020 10:58:16 -0600, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

https://www.harborfreight.com/2-ton-...ack-64874.html
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Big-Red-...0203/100594344

'car' is sort of an adjective modifying both clauses: car bottle jack,
car trolley jack.

A farm jack might be better.

https://www.harborfreight.com/42-inc...jack-6530.html

You really got nothing better to do, eh, lowbrowwoman? BG
Old August 2nd 20, 07:35 PM posted to alt.home.repair

"AK" wrote in message
I am looking for an easier way of removing this piece of particle
board.

https://imgur.com/a/QzNlWUg

Its not clear how the edges are done but you likely an
use a car bottle or trolley jack to jack it off vertically now.

What is a car bottle?

What is a trolley jack?

Andy

https://www.harborfreight.com/2-ton-...ack-64874.html
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Big-Red-...0203/100594344

'car' is sort of an adjective modifying both clauses: car bottle jack, car
trolley jack.

A farm jack might be better.

https://www.harborfreight.com/42-inc...jack-6530.html

Tjats much worse for the back edge.