Posted to alt.home.repair
Clare Snyder Clare Snyder is offline

Default Remove particle board

On Sun, 2 Aug 2020 09:35:55 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 8/2/2020 12:01 AM, AK wrote:
I am looking for an easier way of removing this piece of particle board.

https://imgur.com/a/QzNlWUg

I'd try a pry bar under one edge and work back. Once you get it started
with leverage you may be able to lift and pull the nail with it.

There is no exposed edge and it is not nailed down. It is slif into a
slot on each side like a drawer Likely a couple staples holding it
from sliding out - possibly a spot or 2 of glue, but more likely just
stuck due to expansion from getting wet. either cut to the corners or
bash out a "ditch" to the corners with a hammer, then get a 3/8 or 1/2
inch slot screwdriver behind the platform in the slopt oneach side and
force the side pieces loose. When the 2 sides are out pull the back
section out. About 10 minutes work with the handy Estwing ripping
hammer or 15 with saber saw or recip/multitask (and that's taping your
time - I'd likely have it out in less than 5)