Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Favorite over the air TV shows

Greetings, gentlemen, scholars, and a few miscreants. :-)

What are you favorite over the air shows?

Best regards,

Andy

Who misses BBSes.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, July 25, 2020 at 12:37:05 AM UTC-4, AK wrote:
Greetings, gentlemen, scholars, and a few miscreants. :-)

What are you favorite over the air shows?

NCIS is the only one that comes to mind that is currently in production
(where "currently" is modified for COVID-19 restrictions).

Unless you count re-runs of Dragnet and Adam-12 on MeTV (which I think
is available OTA).

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/24/20 11:37 PM, AK wrote:
Greetings, gentlemen, scholars, and a few miscreants. :-)

What are you favorite over the air shows?

Best regards,

Andy

Who misses BBSes.

Not over the air but Live PD was a good show. It's been cancelled
due to the hysteria over George Floyd dying because of apparent police
misbehavior.
It showed cops with car and body cams as they went about their
business. The patience those guys usually show is something to behold.
I wondered how much the cameras changed things though.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/25/2020 6:57 AM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
On 7/24/20 11:37 PM, AK wrote:
Greetings, gentlemen, scholars, and a few miscreants. :-)

What are you favorite over the air shows?

Best regards,

Andy

Who misses BBSes.

Â*Â*Â* Not over the air but Live PD was a good show.Â* It's been cancelled
due to the hysteria over George Floyd dying because of apparent police
misbehavior.
Â*Â* It showed cops with car and body cams as they went about their
business.Â*Â* The patience those guys usually show is something to behold.
Â* I wondered how much the cameras changed things though.

I think over the air does not include cable. I only follow Blue Bloods
and Survivor from the broadcast networks otherwise the rest are all cable.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Ellen

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/25/2020 9:49 AM, Thomas wrote:
Ellen

i was thinking night time series but I also like the Price is Right and
Jeopardy.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/25/2020 12:37 AM, AK wrote:
Greetings, gentlemen, scholars, and a few miscreants. :-)

What are you favorite over the air shows?

Best regards,

Andy

Who misses BBSes.

OTA, I watch Dateline, news, Americas's Got Talent.
Most of what I watch is cable. ID, History, Science, Smithsonian, Nat
Geo have some great shows.

Used to watch Live PD but they sissied out and dropped it.

About the only thing I watch live is the news. Others are DVE and skip
the commercials.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/24/20 11:37 PM, AK wrote:
Greetings, gentlemen, scholars, and a few miscreants. :-)

What are you favorite over the air shows?

Best regards,

Andy

Who misses BBSes.

Â*Â*Â* Not over the air but Live PD was a good show.Â* It's been cancelled
due to the hysteria over George Floyd dying because of apparent police
misbehavior.
Â*Â* It showed cops with car and body cams as they went about their
business.Â*Â* The patience those guys usually show is something to behold.
Â* I wondered how much the cameras changed things though.

At least they still have Court Cam on Thursday nights.

I just read yesterday that A & E lost 40% of their viewership with Live
PD gone. Wish they would bring it back.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 07/25/2020 08:21 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 7/25/2020 12:37 AM, AK wrote:
Greetings, gentlemen, scholars, and a few miscreants. :-)

What are you favorite over the air shows?

Best regards,

Andy

Who misses BBSes.

OTA, I watch Dateline, news, Americas's Got Talent.
Most of what I watch is cable. ID, History, Science, Smithsonian, Nat
Geo have some great shows.

Used to watch Live PD but they sissied out and dropped it.

About the only thing I watch live is the news. Others are DVE and skip
the commercials.

All I have is OTA and about the only thing I watch is Austin City Limits
and some of the better presentations when PBS is in begging mode. There
is a local show, 11th and Grant which is good sometimes.

https://watch.montanapbs.org/show/11th-and-grant/

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/25/2020 3:32 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
On Saturday, July 25, 2020 at 12:37:05 AM UTC-4, AK wrote:
Greetings, gentlemen, scholars, and a few miscreants. :-)

What are you favorite over the air shows?

NCIS is the only one that comes to mind that is currently in production
(where "currently" is modified for COVID-19 restrictions).

Unless you count re-runs of Dragnet and Adam-12 on MeTV (which I think
is available OTA).

MeTV is available OTA here

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 25 Jul 2020 03:32:38 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
wrote:

On Saturday, July 25, 2020 at 12:37:05 AM UTC-4, AK wrote:
Greetings, gentlemen, scholars, and a few miscreants. :-)

What are you favorite over the air shows?

NCIS is the only one that comes to mind that is currently in production
(where "currently" is modified for COVID-19 restrictions).

Unless you count re-runs of Dragnet and Adam-12 on MeTV (which I think
is available OTA).

I can still handle the occasional Adam-12, but for me Dragnet hasn't held
up well at all. Friday was way too stuffy and straight, while Gannon seemed
to just go along with everything without having his own opinions. I watched
it as a kid, but I can't watch it now.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 25 Jul 2020 05:57:45 -0500, Dean Hoffman
wrote:

On 7/24/20 11:37 PM, AK wrote:
Greetings, gentlemen, scholars, and a few miscreants. :-)

What are you favorite over the air shows?

Best regards,

Andy

Who misses BBSes.

Not over the air but Live PD was a good show. It's been cancelled
due to the hysteria over George Floyd dying because of apparent police
misbehavior.
It showed cops with car and body cams as they went about their
business. The patience those guys usually show is something to behold.
I wondered how much the cameras changed things though.

Just this morning I saw a headline about A&E's viewership being down
dramatically after the cancellation of Live PD. I never saw Live PD, but it
sounds similar to Cops, which was awful in that it showed police misconduct
in the name of law enforcement.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On 7/24/20 11:37 PM, AK wrote:
Greetings, gentlemen, scholars, and a few miscreants. :-)

What are you favorite over the air shows?

Best regards,

Andy

Who misses BBSes.

Not over the air but Live PD was a good show. It's been cancelled
due to the hysteria over George Floyd dying because of apparent police
misbehavior.
It showed cops with car and body cams as they went about their
business. The patience those guys usually show is something to behold.
I wondered how much the cameras changed things though.

Just this morning I saw a headline about A&E's viewership being down
dramatically after the cancellation of Live PD. I never saw Live PD, but it
sounds similar to Cops, which was awful in that it showed police misconduct
in the name of law enforcement.

Yes, criminals should be treated nicely with kid gloves.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/25/2020 12:37 AM, AK wrote:
Greetings, gentlemen, scholars, and a few miscreants. :-)

What are you favorite over the air shows?

Best regards,

Andy

Who misses BBSes.

OTA, I watch Dateline, news, Americas's Got Talent.
Most of what I watch is cable. ID, History, Science, Smithsonian, Nat
Geo have some great shows.

Used to watch Live PD but they sissied out and dropped it.

About the only thing I watch live is the news. Others are DVE and skip
the commercials.

All I have is OTA and about the only thing I watch is Austin City Limits
and some of the better presentations when PBS is in begging mode. There
is a local show, 11th and Grant which is good sometimes.

https://watch.montanapbs.org/show/11th-and-grant/

I am OTA and streaming only. OTA is tolerable if you have a recorder
and you can skip commercials. There are quite a few PBS shows I like,
Frontline, American Experience, Nova sort of thing. Austin CL is OK
depending on who is on.
The sub channels of the networks also have reruns of lots of old shows
that seem better than the crap on the air now. (Grit, Bounce, GetTV
etc) These also show up on cable but I am glad I am not paying for
them. Again the ability to skip commercials is the only thing that
makes it tolerable. Usually those commercial breaks are 4-5 minutes.
George and Gracie are still funny, as is Barney Miller. The original
Law and Order is a pretty good crime show if you like that sort of
thing. I am dabbling into The Untouchables but a little of that goes a
long way. It becomes pretty repetitive.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On Saturday, July 25, 2020 at 12:37:05 AM UTC-4, AK wrote:
Greetings, gentlemen, scholars, and a few miscreants. :-)

What are you favorite over the air shows?

NCIS is the only one that comes to mind that is currently in production
(where "currently" is modified for COVID-19 restrictions).

Unless you count re-runs of Dragnet and Adam-12 on MeTV (which I think
is available OTA).

I can still handle the occasional Adam-12, but for me Dragnet hasn't held
up well at all. Friday was way too stuffy and straight, while Gannon seemed
to just go along with everything without having his own opinions. I watched
it as a kid, but I can't watch it now.

Yes, it hasn't aged well. We don't watch every episode: the ones with
"hippies" are particularly painful. But it gives me a pleasant sense
of nostalgia, especially the notion that right always prevails.

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On 7/24/20 11:37 PM, AK wrote:
Greetings, gentlemen, scholars, and a few miscreants. :-)

What are you favorite over the air shows?

Best regards,

Andy

Who misses BBSes.

Not over the air but Live PD was a good show. It's been cancelled
due to the hysteria over George Floyd dying because of apparent police
misbehavior.
It showed cops with car and body cams as they went about their
business. The patience those guys usually show is something to behold.
I wondered how much the cameras changed things though.

Just this morning I saw a headline about A&E's viewership being down
dramatically after the cancellation of Live PD. I never saw Live PD, but it
sounds similar to Cops, which was awful in that it showed police misconduct
in the name of law enforcement.

It was better than cops. Live PD is a little misnomer as there was a
delay of a good half hour but gave a good idea of what does go on in
life on a regular basis. How many people don't bother with little
things like getting a license to drive.

It also shows how stupid people can be. When stopped for a minor
traffic offense they take off and run, sometimes crashing. Or escalate
a simple stop with their arrogance.

Real life ain't pretty.
Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Sat, 25 Jul 2020 08:43:28 -0700, Bob F
wrote:

On 7/25/2020 3:32 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
On Saturday, July 25, 2020 at 12:37:05 AM UTC-4, AK wrote:
Greetings, gentlemen, scholars, and a few miscreants. :-)

What are you favorite over the air shows?

NCIS is the only one that comes to mind that is currently in production
(where "currently" is modified for COVID-19 restrictions).

Unless you count re-runs of Dragnet and Adam-12 on MeTV (which I think
is available OTA).

I watch Gunsmoke on Me. I also listen to Gunsmoke radio shows from
the 50's on Sunday night and 3 of the TV shows in the last 2 months have
had the exact same story as radio versions, even much of the dialog is
word-for-word the same.

MeTV is available OTA here

Here too.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On Saturday, July 25, 2020 at 12:37:05 AM UTC-4, AK wrote:
Greetings, gentlemen, scholars, and a few miscreants. :-)

What are you favorite over the air shows?

NCIS is the only one that comes to mind that is currently in production
(where "currently" is modified for COVID-19 restrictions).

Unless you count re-runs of Dragnet and Adam-12 on MeTV (which I think
is available OTA).

I can still handle the occasional Adam-12, but for me Dragnet hasn't held
up well at all. Friday was way too stuffy and straight, while Gannon seemed
to just go along with everything without having his own opinions.

Sort of like a much more recent show, one of the cast-pairs of Law &
Order, the actor with the Italian name (Vincent deNoffrio or something)
and his partner who never had an original idea. It was sort of amazing
considering lots of shows were being made for years by then where the
female had the lead, even earlier Law & Order.

I watched
it as a kid, but I can't watch it now.

Despite that I still like Dragnet radio shows on Sunday night, and afaik
would watch the tv shows too.
Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Sat, 25 Jul 2020 05:57:45 -0500, Dean Hoffman
wrote:

On 7/24/20 11:37 PM, AK wrote:
Greetings, gentlemen, scholars, and a few miscreants. :-)

What are you favorite over the air shows?

Best regards,

Andy

Who misses BBSes.

Not over the air but Live PD was a good show. It's been cancelled
due to the hysteria over George Floyd dying because of apparent police
misbehavior.

I've never seen that show, but there were a lot of TV shows where the
police did all sorts of things that are illegal now. I think there
were times on COPS when the cops did things that were illegal at the
time.

It showed cops with car and body cams as they went about their
business. The patience those guys usually show is something to behold.
I wondered how much the cameras changed things though.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On 7/24/20 11:37 PM, AK wrote:
Greetings, gentlemen, scholars, and a few miscreants. :-)

What are you favorite over the air shows?

Best regards,

Andy

Who misses BBSes.

Not over the air but Live PD was a good show. It's been cancelled

BTW, I don't have cable. But since digital and more stations, I don't
have time to watch all the tv shows I've got. I pretty much just watch
MeTV and AntennaTV. Burns & Allen, That Girl (with Marlo Thomas and
her nerd boyfriend. I can't find anything online about her boyfriend
being a nerd, but he sure is.)

due to the hysteria over George Floyd dying because of apparent police
misbehavior.
It showed cops with car and body cams as they went about their
business. The patience those guys usually show is something to behold.
I wondered how much the cameras changed things though.

Just this morning I saw a headline about A&E's viewership being down
dramatically after the cancellation of Live PD. I never saw Live PD, but it
sounds similar to Cops, which was awful in that it showed police misconduct
in the name of law enforcement.

Yeah, it's been years but that's what I remember, occasional examples of
the police doing various things they're not allowed to, in video viewed
by the TV editors before it was shown.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/25/2020 12:37 AM, AK wrote:
[...]

Definitely. I've found even if I'm watching live, it's better to start
recording and watch a prior recording for at least 15 or 30 minutes
before going back to the "live" show.

There are quite a few PBS shows I like,
Frontline, American Experience, Nova sort of thing. Austin CL is OK
depending on who is on.
The sub channels of the networks also have reruns of lots of old shows
that seem better than the crap on the air now. (Grit, Bounce, GetTV

I get all of those 3 but I never watch them. I used to use
TVGuide.com, Titantv and the other webpage (the other one is the best)
to pick out programs, but with subchannels, there are so many I can't
keep track. *(*I found a zipcode between DC and Baltimore where they
get both DC and Balt stations, like I do with my amplified antenna. A
worthwhile expense if there are stations 40-45 miles away.

etc) These also show up on cable but I am glad I am not paying for
them. Again the ability to skip commercials is the only thing that

They have commercials on cable too. When my brother and I found that
out, we couldn't believe it.

makes it tolerable. Usually those commercial breaks are 4-5 minutes.
George and Gracie are still funny, as is Barney Miller. The original

Definitely Wojahowicz. It's spelled just like it sounds.

Law and Order is a pretty good crime show if you like that sort of
thing. I am dabbling into The Untouchables but a little of that goes a
long way. It becomes pretty repetitive.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On 7/25/2020 3:32 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
On Saturday, July 25, 2020 at 12:37:05 AM UTC-4, AK wrote:
Greetings, gentlemen, scholars, and a few miscreants. :-)

What are you favorite over the air shows?

NCIS is the only one that comes to mind that is currently in production
(where "currently" is modified for COVID-19 restrictions).

Unless you count re-runs of Dragnet and Adam-12 on MeTV (which I think
is available OTA).

I watch Gunsmoke on Me. ...

Who has the middle of the days/mornings for watching TV, pray tell?

Which leads to the secondary of what do all these thugs in Portland,
etc., do for a living when they're not out vandalizing and looting and
pillaging???

MeTV is available OTA here

Here too.

I've been giggling over Lisa last month or two--never saw most of them
when were on originally.

Carol Burnett is better than the evening news about 90% of the time so
she's been getting her innings as well, hit 'n miss, when they're doing
nothing but obsessing over COVID on news (which is most of it, these
days). What am I supposed to do with that...nothing I can do about
Miami or Houston/Dallas...

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/25/2020 12:18 PM, micky wrote:

I watch Gunsmoke on Me. I also listen to Gunsmoke radio shows from
the 50's on Sunday night and 3 of the TV shows in the last 2 months have
had the exact same story as radio versions, even much of the dialog is
word-for-word the same.

When I was a kid, it was a weekly battle to stay awake through Gunsmoke
to be able to watch Sea Hunt.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Sat, 25 Jul 2020 13:17:54 -0700, Bob F
wrote:

On 7/25/2020 12:18 PM, micky wrote:

I watch Gunsmoke on Me. I also listen to Gunsmoke radio shows from
the 50's on Sunday night and 3 of the TV shows in the last 2 months have
had the exact same story as radio versions, even much of the dialog is
word-for-word the same.

When I was a kid, it was a weekly battle to stay awake through Gunsmoke
to be able to watch Sea Hunt.

I can relate to that. I think I fell asleep watching the Saturday night
horror movies, And there was no way to record them.

When I was little, I watched tv on my belly with my head resting on my
hands, my elbows on the floor. But my arms got too long. I really
missed that position for a long time.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On Saturday, July 25, 2020 at 12:37:05 AM UTC-4, AK wrote:
Greetings, gentlemen, scholars, and a few miscreants. :-)

What are you favorite over the air shows?

NCIS is the only one that comes to mind that is currently in production
(where "currently" is modified for COVID-19 restrictions).

Unless you count re-runs of Dragnet and Adam-12 on MeTV (which I think
is available OTA).

I can still handle the occasional Adam-12, but for me Dragnet hasn't held
up well at all. Friday was way too stuffy and straight, while Gannon seemed
to just go along with everything without having his own opinions. I watched
it as a kid, but I can't watch it now.

Yes, it hasn't aged well. We don't watch every episode: the ones with
"hippies" are particularly painful. But it gives me a pleasant sense
of nostalgia, especially the notion that right always prevails.

On that last point, Jack Webb made sure of that.
He had some strong opinions on hippies, drugs, things like that, and those
things made it into the show.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

days).Â* What am I supposed to do with that...nothing I can do about
Miami or Houston/Dallas...

trump sends them back to the barracks?

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On 7/25/2020 3:32 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
On Saturday, July 25, 2020 at 12:37:05 AM UTC-4, AK wrote:
Greetings, gentlemen, scholars, and a few miscreants. :-)

What are you favorite over the air shows?

NCIS is the only one that comes to mind that is currently in production
(where "currently" is modified for COVID-19 restrictions).

Unless you count re-runs of Dragnet and Adam-12 on MeTV (which I think
is available OTA).

I watch Gunsmoke on Me. I also listen to Gunsmoke radio shows from
the 50's on Sunday night and 3 of the TV shows in the last 2 months have
had the exact same story as radio versions, even much of the dialog is
word-for-word the same.

MeTV is available OTA here

Here too.

I really like Gunsmoke and Rifleman.

I think Gunsmoke still holds the record for longest running show.

Andy
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

The Simpsons hold the record.
Then Law & Order: Special Victims Unit
Then Gunsmoke tied with Law and Order
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Simpsons beats it now with 654 episodes. Gunsmoke 635 over 20 years.

The 5 Longest-Running TV Shows of All Time
The Simpsons | Fox.
Gunsmoke | CBS.
Law & Order | NBC.
South Park | Comedy Central.
Law & Order: SVU | NBC.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On 7/25/2020 3:32 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
On Saturday, July 25, 2020 at 12:37:05 AM UTC-4, AK wrote:
Greetings, gentlemen, scholars, and a few miscreants. :-)

What are you favorite over the air shows?

NCIS is the only one that comes to mind that is currently in production
(where "currently" is modified for COVID-19 restrictions).

Unless you count re-runs of Dragnet and Adam-12 on MeTV (which I think
is available OTA).

I watch Gunsmoke on Me. I also listen to Gunsmoke radio shows from
the 50's on Sunday night and 3 of the TV shows in the last 2 months have
had the exact same story as radio versions, even much of the dialog is
word-for-word the same.

MeTV is available OTA here

Here too.

I really like Gunsmoke and Rifleman.

I like the Rifleman, but what gets me is that no matter how old his kid
gets or as many times as he sees his father in trouble, he still doesn't
know what to do. He's a wimp. One time he threw his father the gun
instead of shooting the guy himself Wasted time, and what if he
didn't catch it.

I think Gunsmoke still holds the record for longest running show.

Andy

The Simpsons hold the record.
Then Law & Order: Special Victims Unit
Then Gunsmoke tied with Law and Order

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

I thought Dragnet was pretty corny the first time around.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Yes, it was not authentic like Broderick Crawford in Highway Patrol.

10-4 ;-)

All of those shows have run at one time or another in the last year or
so, including Sea Hunt. I still have a few Highway Patrol episodes on
my TiVo
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Just the facts, ma'am.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/24/20 11:37 PM, AK wrote:
Greetings, gentlemen, scholars, and a few miscreants. :-)

What are you favorite over the air shows?

Best regards,

Andy

Who misses BBSes.

Â*Â*Â*Â* Not over the air but Live PD was a good show.Â* It's been
cancelled due to the hysteria over George Floyd dying because of
apparent police misbehavior.
Â*Â*Â* It showed cops with car and body cams as they went about their
business.Â*Â* The patience those guys usually show is something to behold.
Â*Â* I wondered how much the cameras changed things though.

At least they still have Court Cam on Thursday nights.

I just read yesterday that A & E lost 40% of their viewership with Live
PD gone.Â* Wish they would bring it back.

There's some here about it if you're interested:
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2020/07/go_woke_go_broke_comes_to_ae.html
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/24/20 11:37 PM, AK wrote:
Greetings, gentlemen, scholars, and a few miscreants. :-)

What are you favorite over the air shows?

Best regards,

Andy

Who misses BBSes.

Â*Â*Â*Â* Not over the air but Live PD was a good show.Â* It's been
cancelled due to the hysteria over George Floyd dying because of
apparent police misbehavior.
Â*Â*Â* It showed cops with car and body cams as they went about their
business.Â*Â* The patience those guys usually show is something to behold.
Â*Â* I wondered how much the cameras changed things though.

At least they still have Court Cam on Thursday nights.

I just read yesterday that A & E lost 40% of their viewership with
Live PD gone.Â* Wish they would bring it back.

Â*Â* There's some here about it if you're interested:
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2020/07/go_woke_go_broke_comes_to_ae.html

Big hit on the advertising revenue. That could sink them.

The show could have been used to help the community and police. Let
people see both the good and bad of both the police and the idiots they
deal with every day. Maybe add in some commentary about what is going on.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 24 Jul 2020 21:37:01 -0700 (PDT), AK
wrote:

Greetings, gentlemen, scholars, and a few miscreants. :-)

What are you favorite over the air shows?

Wally's Workshop
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, July 25, 2020 at 4:42:40 PM UTC-4, micky wrote:em.

When I was little, I watched tv on my belly with my head resting on my
hands, my elbows on the floor. But my arms got too long. I really
missed that position for a long time.

Bingo