Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Favorite over the air TV shows

On Sat, 25 Jul 2020 09:34:58 -0600, rbowman
wrote:

On 07/25/2020 08:21 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 7/25/2020 12:37 AM, AK wrote:
Greetings, gentlemen, scholars, and a few miscreants. :-)

What are you favorite over the air shows?

Best regards,

Andy

Who misses BBSes.

OTA, I watch Dateline, news, Americas's Got Talent.
Most of what I watch is cable. ID, History, Science, Smithsonian, Nat
Geo have some great shows.

Used to watch Live PD but they sissied out and dropped it.

About the only thing I watch live is the news. Others are DVE and skip
the commercials.

All I have is OTA and about the only thing I watch is Austin City Limits
and some of the better presentations when PBS is in begging mode. There
is a local show, 11th and Grant which is good sometimes.

https://watch.montanapbs.org/show/11th-and-grant/

I am OTA and streaming only. OTA is tolerable if you have a recorder
and you can skip commercials. There are quite a few PBS shows I like,
Frontline, American Experience, Nova sort of thing. Austin CL is OK
depending on who is on.
The sub channels of the networks also have reruns of lots of old shows
that seem better than the crap on the air now. (Grit, Bounce, GetTV
etc) These also show up on cable but I am glad I am not paying for
them. Again the ability to skip commercials is the only thing that
makes it tolerable. Usually those commercial breaks are 4-5 minutes.
George and Gracie are still funny, as is Barney Miller. The original
Law and Order is a pretty good crime show if you like that sort of
thing. I am dabbling into The Untouchables but a little of that goes a
long way. It becomes pretty repetitive.