Kevin Nguyen

Default Ridgid Power Auger

I borrowed my inlaw the power auger to drain out the pipes. Here is my
question:

How do you know when to stop ?
How far the snake can go for the resident ?

TIA,

/KNguyen

Speedy Jim

Kevin Nguyen wrote:

I borrowed my inlaw the power auger to drain out the pipes. Here is my
question:

How do you know when to stop ?
How far the snake can go for the resident ?

TIA,

/KNguyen

Are you going out to the street sewer??
Measure the distance to the curb/street and go no further.
If tree roots are the problem, you can usually feel when the
auger has passed thru them.
You can also keep water flowing into the drain (if possible)
and stop when the water no longer backs up in the drain.

Some augers are limited to ~75 feet of cable, some ~100 feet;
really big ones can go even further.

Jim

Old Man Winter Will Hit Us Tonight! Maryjoe Home Repair 29 February 2nd 04 06:26 AM
Uninteruptable Power Supply for Water Pump? HerHusband Home Repair 16 January 21st 04 04:32 PM
The New Ridgid power tool Warranty Leon Woodworking 0 November 3rd 03 07:27 PM
Vampire Appliances Watson A.Name - Watt Sun Electronics Repair 71 October 23rd 03 12:02 PM
Power tools in Europe (long) Christian Aufreiter Woodworking 23 October 17th 03 10:44 AM