Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
David Combs

Default More, please, on refrig not allowed in < 40F environment

Could you guys say a bit more (from that prior thread)
about refrigerators not wanting to be placed in a
room where the temp was less than 40F.

If true, it presents us a big problem:

We've got a 2nd refrig (without which we couldn't
go to the store (cosco) just once a week), and right
now it lives in a normal room in the house (normal
temp, that is).

But circumstances are forcing us to need more space
in that room, and we were seriously thinking of
moving it out to the garage.

Well, we're in New York State (just north of NYC),
and it can get *cold* here -- and what with having
an old house, with the garage unheated, it can get
down to 30F, maybe sometimes 25F or a bit lower.

(We wrap the pipes with those plug-in things that
wrap around them in a spiral, and they do keep
them from freezing.)

We'd sure *like* to put that refrig out there --
if possible.

So, exactly *why* can't it be out there?

(hopefully clear enough that I can show it to
the "boss" and she'll really understand *why*
it can't be done -- if that is the case (and
I suspect it is.))

Wouldn't mind an opion also from that guy
who knows all the thermodynamics, etc -- for
me, *that's* what I can best understand...

THANKS!

David

(What a super newsgroup this is -- all the
knowledge its members contain!)