mcarey

Default Payne Heatpump heating and cooling system

Anybody know anything about the Payne heat pump system? Mine is less than a
year old and is already giving me trouble. It will be on cool and then
switch to heat. The condesor fan will shut off and the unit makes a heck of
a racket. Changed out the thermostat, still no change. Sometimes it starts
up to cool but pushes out heat and then eventually cools. Disconnected the
heater element control from the thermostat so it just blows out ambient air.
The installer said the thermostat wiring has a short but since it does not
happen all the time I tend to disagree (plus I ohmed them out), and why
would it switch to heat and
then back to cool? Any tips would be appreciated.

---

Tekkie

mcarey posted for all of us....

Anybody know anything about the Payne heat pump system? Mine is less than a
year old and is already giving me trouble. It will be on cool and then
switch to heat. The condesor fan will shut off and the unit makes a heck of
a racket. Changed out the thermostat, still no change. Sometimes it starts
up to cool but pushes out heat and then eventually cools. Disconnected the
heater element control from the thermostat so it just blows out ambient air.
The installer said the thermostat wiring has a short but since it does not
happen all the time I tend to disagree (plus I ohmed them out), and why
would it switch to heat and
then back to cool? Any tips would be appreciated.

Uhhhh, why not call the company that installed it and let them fix it? Less
than a year old! Who installed it?

--
Tekkie
TURTLE

"mcarey" wrote in message
Anybody know anything about the Payne heat pump system? Mine is less than a
year old and is already giving me trouble. It will be on cool and then
switch to heat. The condesor fan will shut off and the unit makes a heck of
a racket. Changed out the thermostat, still no change. Sometimes it starts
up to cool but pushes out heat and then eventually cools. Disconnected the
heater element control from the thermostat so it just blows out ambient air.
The installer said the thermostat wiring has a short but since it does not
happen all the time I tend to disagree (plus I ohmed them out), and why
would it switch to heat and
then back to cool? Any tips would be appreciated.

This is Turtle.

Look call the installer back up and tell him to come fix it. The installer
company is 100% responciable for any problem with the system for 1 year.

A tip here. tell them to fix it or you will have a company come fix it and send
you a bill for it with my Attorney address attached to remitt to. Put up or Shut
up and pay.

Waiting for a follow up results.

TURTLE

PrecisionMachinisT

"mcarey" wrote in message

Anybody know anything about the Payne heat pump system?

Heat pumps all operate pretty much the same, Payne is no exclusion.

The installer said the thermostat wiring has a short but since it does not

Then why didnt he fix it ?

Heat pumps default to either heating or cooling whenever the reversing valve
is not energized.

If the thermostat circuit that operates the reversing valve is intermittant,
you will get erratic operation of the valve and so the unit isnt always
going to do what you want it to do...

For cooling all the time you can jumper (or remove ) the reversing valve
control signal at the condensor terminal block for testing and operate, but
for anyone to give detailed instructions how to troubleshoot all this over
the internet would be quite tedious....also, it is actually quite easy to
damage the unit or hurt yourself if you dont know exactly what you are doing
here.

So, as others have already stated, suggest you should contact the installer
on this one.

--

SVL