Tekkie

mcarey posted for all of us....

Anybody know anything about the Payne heat pump system? Mine is less than a
year old and is already giving me trouble. It will be on cool and then
switch to heat. The condesor fan will shut off and the unit makes a heck of
a racket. Changed out the thermostat, still no change. Sometimes it starts
up to cool but pushes out heat and then eventually cools. Disconnected the
heater element control from the thermostat so it just blows out ambient air.
The installer said the thermostat wiring has a short but since it does not
happen all the time I tend to disagree (plus I ohmed them out), and why
would it switch to heat and
then back to cool? Any tips would be appreciated.

Uhhhh, why not call the company that installed it and let them fix it? Less
than a year old! Who installed it?

--
Tekkie