Jack

Default Removing Convection feature of convection oven

We have a convection oven, but never use the convection feature
(bought it used from previous owner). It takes up a few inches of
space in the back, so I want to remove the fan and heating element. I
see when I pull the coil out, it extends into the back of the oven a
ways, and there's a white foam substance there, too.
Can I simply remove the heating element? I imagine I need to open up
the back of the oven to do so; anything I should be aware of? Thanks.
Tom

Why not just isolate one of the leads to the fan? Tom
Work at your leisure!
jeff

Jack wrote in message . ..

Hi,

We have a convection oven,

Make, model#?
http://www.applianceaid.com/model.html
Some model# helps.

but never use the convection feature
(bought it used from previous owner). It takes up a few inches of
space in the back, so I want to remove the fan and heating element.

Why?

You would have to access the back of the range and disconnect the
wires for the fan motor and for ( if it has one ) the seperate
convection element and tape up the wire ends. On the inside the fan
cover at the back of the oven can be removed to pull out the fan motor
and element.

see when I pull the coil out, it extends into the back of the oven a
ways, and there's a white foam substance there, too.

Insulation, high temp insulation is whitish.

Can I simply remove the heating element? I imagine I need to open up
the back of the oven to do so; anything

I should be aware of? Thanks.

Unless you want to buy new racks you won't be gaining any space at the
back since the original racks won't fill the whole space anyway.

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/