Jack

Default Removing Convection feature of convection oven

We have a convection oven, but never use the convection feature
(bought it used from previous owner). It takes up a few inches of
space in the back, so I want to remove the fan and heating element. I
see when I pull the coil out, it extends into the back of the oven a
ways, and there's a white foam substance there, too.
Can I simply remove the heating element? I imagine I need to open up
the back of the oven to do so; anything I should be aware of? Thanks.