Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

Default How to annoy the entire street

On Mon, 15 Jun 2020 23:39:49 +0100, Rod Speed wrote:

"Commander Kinsey" wrote in message
newsp.0l9wvmsxwdg98l@glass...

newsp.0l9rvtb1wdg98l@glass...
On Mon, 15 Jun 2020 20:26:17 +0100, NY wrote:

"Commander Kinsey" wrote in message
newsp.0l9ns6b1wdg98l@glass...
On Mon, 15 Jun 2020 19:29:45 +0100, Arthur Conan Doyle

In my experience (Chicago, Denver) those areas had back alleys for
trash
pickup (and some deliveries)

Wow, is that a flash from the past. My grandmother lived in a
suburban
Chicago
house with an alley. Most houses there had detached garages off the
alley
and
when I was very young, everyone used an incinerator next to the
garage
for their
trash. She had a coal furnace in the basement as well. Trash truck
would
come
around once a month or so to pick up the ash - hence the term "ash
bins."
Those
were heavy monsters and the men who handled them were massive.

Yip, nowadays they're lazy like everyone else. Mechanised bin lifting
for
goodness sake. When I were a lad, my English teacher predicted that
in
the future we would all evolve to have no limbs, as everything would
be
done for us. We're getting that way....

Our garden waste wheelie bin, full of shredded tree branches and
leaves,
is
very heavy. I wouldn't be able to lift it. Even wheeling it up steps
(our
patio has several different levels) takes a fair amount of force.

Funny how 30 years ago there were no wheelybins. The binmen lifted the
bins onto their shoulder and tipped them into the cart.

Those were much smaller bins, stupid.

And suddenly we produce twice the waste?

They had more than one bin,

No, there was one (half wheely bin sized) bin collected once per week. No other bins, recycling or otherwise.

and had incinerators

Irrelevant to how heavy they are when lifting.

and yep, we do produce a lot more packaging waste
and that wasn't suddenly either.

I don't believe you, what do I get in packets that I didn't used to?
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

newsp.0mbshbnswdg98l@glass...

wrote:

[...]

Yep.

there was one (half wheely bin sized) bin collected once per week. No
other bins, recycling or otherwise.

Wrong, as always.

and had incinerators

Irrelevant to how heavy they are when lifting.

Not when there is only the ashes in the bin, not what got burnt, stupid.

and yep, we do produce a lot more packaging waste
and that wasn't suddenly either.

I don't believe you,

You have always been completely irrelevant,
what you might or might not believe in spades.

what do I get in packets that I didn't used to?

Bread, potatoes, onions, apples, oranges, meat
fish ready meals, etc etc etc.

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

Default The Two Inseparable Trolling Resident Sociopaths together again!

On Wed, 17 Jun 2020 09:12:15 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH the two subnormal sociopathic cretins' endless absolutely idiotic
blather

--
TYPICAL retarded "conversation" between sociopath Rodent and sociopath
Birdbrain from August 26th 2018:

Birdbrain: "I have one head but 5 fingers."

Senile Rodent: "Obvious lie. You hairy legged cross dressers are so inbred
that you all have two heads."

Birdbrain: "You're the one that likes hairy legs remember?"

Senile Rodent: "The problem isnt the hairy legs, it's the gross inbreeding
that
produces two headed unemployables like you."

Birdbrain: "So why did you mention hairy legs?"

Senile Rodent: "Because that's what those who arent actually stupid enough
to shave their legs have."

Birdbrain: "You only have hairy legs if both of the following are true:
1) You're quite far back on the evolutionary scale.
2) You haven't learned what a razor is for."

Senile Rodent: "Only a terminal ****wit or a woman shaves their legs."

Birdbrain: "There is literally zero point in having hair all over your
body."

Senile Rodent: "There is even less point in wasting your time changing what
you are born with."

MID: