King

Default moving

I am moving out of my house and It will be about 2 years for my next place
to be ready I have all new appliances. Dishwasher, Gas stove,
Icemaker/water dispenser fridge, Gas dryer and washer (front load) I don't
know if these details make any difference but I was going to put them all
into storage and was wondering if there is anything I should do to prepare
them for the long storage?? Thanks

m Ransley

If your area freezes be sure to add antifreeze in the last cycle and
more as in Freeze Proofing

Colbyt

"King" wrote in message
gers.com...
I am moving out of my house and It will be about 2 years for my next place
to be ready I have all new appliances. Dishwasher, Gas stove,
Icemaker/water dispenser fridge, Gas dryer and washer (front load) I

don't
know if these details make any difference but I was going to put them all
into storage and was wondering if there is anything I should do to prepare
them for the long storage?? Thanks

The dishwasher has water at the pump level and the Fridge has a gallon or
two in the tank that should be drained before storage EVEN if the storage
site is temp controlled. The clothes washer may or may not have water I
can't say for sure.

I would also cap the gas and water connections on the dryer, dishwasher,
Fridge and stove to prevent possible bugs entering. Low tech version =
duct tape or a suitable cap/plug = the expensive version.

May have missed something but I think that does it.

Colbyt

jeff

"King" wrote in message
gers.com...
I am moving out of my house and It will be about 2 years for my next place
to be ready I have all new appliances. Dishwasher, Gas stove,
Icemaker/water dispenser fridge, Gas dryer and washer (front load) I

don't
know if these details make any difference but I was going to put them all
into storage and was wondering if there is anything I should do to prepare
them for the long storage?? Thanks

Hi,

Some storage tips that may help

http://www.applianceaid.com/storing.html

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/
King

Thanks guys the info was great!! One last question.. They suggested
that I propped the door open on the dishwasher should I do the same with the
fridge?? I don't like the idea of the fridge being open and critters
crawling into it while it is in storage.. I guess there is no way around
it.

"jeff" wrote in message
om...
"King" wrote in message
gers.com...
I am moving out of my house and It will be about 2 years for my next

place
to be ready I have all new appliances. Dishwasher, Gas stove,
Icemaker/water dispenser fridge, Gas dryer and washer (front load) I

don't
know if these details make any difference but I was going to put them

all
into storage and was wondering if there is anything I should do to

prepare
them for the long storage?? Thanks

Hi,

Some storage tips that may help

http://www.applianceaid.com/storing.html

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/

PJx

You could put a couple of boxes of baking soda to absorb the moisture
and odors in each and keep the door closed. Turn the dishwasher
upside down and over to drain out most of the water before you store
it.

Also I would recommend you put out fresh rat-poison when you store
them. I had a mouse make a home in my stored gas stove and ruined it.

On Sat, 14 Aug 2004 13:13:15 GMT, "King"
wrote:

Thanks guys the info was great!! One last question.. They suggested
that I propped the door open on the dishwasher should I do the same with the
fridge?? I don't like the idea of the fridge being open and critters
crawling into it while it is in storage.. I guess there is no way around
it.

"jeff" wrote in message
. com...
"King" wrote in message
gers.com...
I am moving out of my house and It will be about 2 years for my next

place
to be ready I have all new appliances. Dishwasher, Gas stove,
Icemaker/water dispenser fridge, Gas dryer and washer (front load) I
don't
know if these details make any difference but I was going to put them

all
into storage and was wondering if there is anything I should do to

prepare
them for the long storage?? Thanks

Hi,

Some storage tips that may help

http://www.applianceaid.com/storing.html

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/

SQLit

"King" wrote in message
gers.com...
I am moving out of my house and It will be about 2 years for my next place
to be ready I have all new appliances. Dishwasher, Gas stove,
Icemaker/water dispenser fridge, Gas dryer and washer (front load) I

don't
know if these details make any difference but I was going to put them all
into storage and was wondering if there is anything I should do to prepare
them for the long storage?? Thanks

Sell them all now. Then in two years get current technology. You will not
regret it.
two years of sitting will dry out the seals on the doors and god knows what
else.