Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

John

Default Moving companies from in Miami - Interstate

We are in the process of moving from Miami, FL to North VA and need to
select a moving company. I would greatly appreciate recommendations
and experiences with companies operating out of Miami. Also -
truckers - who are the really professional companies that are best to
work for? We are considering both reputable local companies and
national lines such as "American", "Mayflower".

Thanks in advance!

PS: If you respond, please let us know if you are affiliated with a
moving company!
truckinsp

We are in the process of moving from Miami, FL to North VA and need to
select a moving company. I would greatly appreciate recommendations
and experiences with companies operating out of Miami. Also -
truckers - who are the really professional companies that are best to
work for? We are considering both reputable local companies and
national lines such as "American", "Mayflower".

Thanks in advance!

PS: If you respond, please let us know if you are affiliated with a
moving company!

BEFORE you select ANY company, read this:

http://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/factsfigs/moving.htm

There are MANY reputable moving companies out there, there are MANY MORE
that will RIP YOU OFF!!! It is very much a "buyer beware" market!!

The Feds have a hotline for complaints, but it is MUCH easier to choose a
reputable company in the first place than try to get your goods or money
back in the end.....

There are companies out there who work as "agents" and claim they will find
you the "lowest price".....remember their word means NOTHING....you need to
deal directly with the moving company. And also, it is ESPECIALLY true in
the moving industry - if a company's price seems to be too good to be
true....well, it is.......

DO NOT go with ANY company who won't come to your house to look at what you
have to move.

DO NOT go with ANY company who won't give you a written estimate and tell
you if it binding or not binding.

DO NOT go with ANY company who doesn't give you a copy of "Your Rights and
Responsibilities When You Move" when they come to talk with you.....and READ
IT....compare it to what the Feds requi
http://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/factsfigs/rights.htm

If you get a non binding estimate, DO NOT GO with any company that doesn't
tell you up front that you only need to pay the binding estimate or 110% of
the non-binding estimate to get your stuff if there are overcharges at the
end. The overcharges may be valid, but they must give you 30 days to pay
them.....if there are overcharges, VERIFY them!

They need to prepare an order, a bill of lading, and on moving day, an
inventory. You BE THERE and verify the inventory. They must also allow you
to go with them to weigh the load. DO IT!!

When you are looking for a company, look them up on the internet - see if
they have any active investigations going on.....go to www.safersys.org and
type in their DOT number (the DOT number should be on ANY advertisement they
give you - DO NOT go with any company who will NOT give you its DOT number)
and see what their out of service and crash rates are.....

And last of all, Good Luck!!

I am not with a moving company, I am a truck inspector with the state
patrol.

moving companies http://www.mover4u.com free moving quotes

truckinsp

moving companies http://www.mover4u.com free moving quotes

My......only a one line ad and ALREADY in violation of the Federal
Regulations......what's your DOT number and why isn't it in your ad as
REQUIRED by Federal Law????????

Anybody who is thinking of using this company better read this first.....

http://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/factsfigs/moving.htm

Go to www.movingscam.com and read, read, read!

truckinsp

Go to www.movingscam.com and read, read, read!

GOOD SITE!......goes on my favorites right now.....everyone should look at
the black list too!!! No real surprises there......