Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Insulate know on lid of cooking pot

Is there something I can fabricate or buy that will insulate the know on my lid on my pot.

I currently have to use a pot holder to check my chili etc.

https://imgur.com/a/FxBOJR8

Thanks.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 4 Jun 2020 07:58:14 -0700 (PDT), Andy
wrote:

Is there something I can fabricate or buy that will insulate the know on my lid on my pot.

I currently have to use a pot holder to check my chili etc.

https://imgur.com/a/FxBOJR8

Thanks.

These might be a bit slippery .. perhaps a strong
twist-tie would hold it on ?

https://tinyurl.com/y6urn4w6

John T.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Is there something I can fabricate or buy that will insulate the know on my lid on my pot.

I currently have to use a pot holder to check my chili etc.

https://imgur.com/a/FxBOJR8

Thanks.

These might be a bit slippery .. perhaps a strong
twist-tie would hold it on ?

https://tinyurl.com/y6urn4w6

John T.

Thanks. Clever idea. :-)

Since I only hand wash, I will glue them.

Andy
Posted to alt.home.repair

Is there something I can fabricate or buy that will insulate the know on my lid on my pot.
I currently have to use a pot holder to check my chili etc.
https://imgur.com/a/FxBOJR8
Thanks.

These might be a bit slippery .. perhaps a strong
twist-tie would hold it on ?
https://tinyurl.com/y6urn4w6
John T.

Thanks. Clever idea. :-)
Since I only hand wash, I will glue them.
Andy

Good luck - trying to glue silicon to glass ...
safely on a cooking lid ...
John T.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 04 Jun 2020 12:03:57 -0400, wrote:

Is there something I can fabricate or buy that will insulate the know on my lid on my pot.
I currently have to use a pot holder to check my chili etc.
https://imgur.com/a/FxBOJR8
Thanks.

These might be a bit slippery .. perhaps a strong
twist-tie would hold it on ?
https://tinyurl.com/y6urn4w6
John T.

Thanks. Clever idea. :-)
Since I only hand wash, I will glue them.
Andy

Good luck - trying to glue silicon to glass ...
safely on a cooking lid ...
John T.

... sorry - not a glass knob, but stainless steel -
Have you tried just replacing the knob with an
old fashioned bakelite one ?
John T.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/4/2020 10:58 AM, Andy wrote:
Is there something I can fabricate or buy that will insulate the know on my lid on my pot.

I currently have to use a pot holder to check my chili etc.

https://imgur.com/a/FxBOJR8

Thanks.

These lids are made to see through. You should have bought a more
expensive pot with a double pane lid.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Andy wrote

Is there something I can fabricate or buy that
will insulate the know on my lid on my pot.

You dont want to insulate it, you want to conduct the heat away from it.

Weird how you spelt knob wrong, twice, and
the keys arent even remotely adjacent either.

I currently have to use a pot holder to check my chili etc.

Thats really all you can do, have some form
of removable thing that grips the knob.

https://imgur.com/a/FxBOJR8

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Is there something I can fabricate or buy that will insulate the know on my lid on my pot.
I currently have to use a pot holder to check my chili etc.
https://imgur.com/a/FxBOJR8
Thanks.

These might be a bit slippery .. perhaps a strong
twist-tie would hold it on ?
https://tinyurl.com/y6urn4w6
John T.

Thanks. Clever idea. :-)
Since I only hand wash, I will glue them.
Andy

Good luck - trying to glue silicon to glass ...
safely on a cooking lid ...
John T.

.. sorry - not a glass knob, but stainless steel -

Have you tried just replacing the knob with an
old fashioned bakelite one ?

Or wood. If you used wood it would save the bakelite trees from
needless destruction.

John T.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Lonely Obnoxious Cantankerous Auto-contradicting Senile Ozzie Troll Alert! LOL

On Fri, 5 Jun 2020 02:48:01 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Sqwertz to Rodent Speed:
asshole.
MID:
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, June 4, 2020 at 11:02:37 AM UTC-5, wrote:
On Thu, 04 Jun 2020 12:03:57 -0400, wrote:

Is there something I can fabricate or buy that will insulate the know on my lid on my pot.
I currently have to use a pot holder to check my chili etc.
https://imgur.com/a/FxBOJR8
Thanks.

These might be a bit slippery .. perhaps a strong
twist-tie would hold it on ?
https://tinyurl.com/y6urn4w6
John T.

Thanks. Clever idea. :-)
Since I only hand wash, I will glue them.
Andy

Good luck - trying to glue silicon to glass ...
safely on a cooking lid ...
John T.

.. sorry - not a glass knob, but stainless steel -
Have you tried just replacing the knob with an
old fashioned bakelite one ?
John T.

Thanks.

I already ordered the silicone cupcake holder.

If it does not work, I will use a wooden knob like they use on drawers.

Andy

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, June 4, 2020 at 11:34:10 AM UTC-5, Frank wrote:
On 6/4/2020 10:58 AM, Andy wrote:
Is there something I can fabricate or buy that will insulate the know on my lid on my pot.

I currently have to use a pot holder to check my chili etc.

https://imgur.com/a/FxBOJR8

Thanks.

These lids are made to see through. You should have bought a more
expensive pot with a double pane lid.

I am happy with it.

Andy
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, June 4, 2020 at 11:55:02 AM UTC-5, Rod Speed wrote:
Andy wrote

Is there something I can fabricate or buy that
will insulate the know on my lid on my pot.

You dont want to insulate it, you want to conduct the heat away from it.

Weird how you spelt knob wrong, twice, and
the keys arent even remotely adjacent either.

I was testing how sharp you are. :-)

Andy
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/4/2020 12:48 PM, Rod Speed wrote:
Andy wrote

Is there something I can fabricate or buy that
will insulate the know on my lid on my pot.

You dont want to insulate it, you want to conduct the heat away from it.

Weird how you spelt knob wrong, twice, and
the keys arent even remotely adjacent either.

I currently have to use a pot holder to check my chili etc.

Thats really all you can do, have some form
of removable thing that grips the knob.

Or replace the know, er, I mean, Knob, with an insulated type such as
wood, assuming it's removable.
Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Thu, 4 Jun 2020 11:09:28 -0700 (PDT), Andy
wrote:

[...]

You'll use that to cover the know? It can sit there the whole time
without obstructing the view like a ???

Or you'll take off the know and run its screw through the cupcake holder

If it does not work, I will use a wooden knob like they use on drawers.

Andy

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/4/2020 10:58 AM, Andy wrote:
Is there something I can fabricate or buy that will insulate the know on my lid on my pot.

I currently have to use a pot holder to check my chili etc.

https://imgur.com/a/FxBOJR8

Thanks.

These lids are made to see through. You should have bought a more
expensive pot with a double pane lid.

I am happy with it.

Andy

I was facetious obviously but did a search to see if there was such an
animal. Found that Amazon sells silicone rubber lids that a set will
cover any size pot or pan.